20+ Best Affiliate Marketing Platforms and Networks of
- 20+ Best Affiliate Marketing Platforms and Networks of
- Affiliates | Benefit Cosmetics
- Referral Partner Program - Mzneevart Design
- Resume Writing Referral Program | InterviewMeToo
- Affiliate | Website.com
A subreddit for the discussion of everything PC gaming related!
Amazon Toy and Game Promo Codes
Saving you money. Amazontoyandgamecodes brings you the best amazon promo codes for the toys and games category. If you have a working amazon promo code please share it, along with a direct link to the product. Toys and Games only please.
The official BitBandit.eu subreddit!
Hey! You can be playing with real money and winning 10 seconds after you read this. Just send any amount to the bitcoin address above, take a deep breath and you are good to play. You don't have to register. It's necessary only if you want to leave money loaded and play from different devices (yes we support tablets and phones), if you want to have your winnings withdrawn to a custom address or if you want to make money with our affiliate program. It's fast, fun and easy! :-)
What I've Learned in Over 3,000 Hours of Inspecting Lab Diamonds (Intro Post)
submitted by LindsayAtAdaDiamonds to Diamonds [link] [comments]
Hi! I’m Lindsay and I’m a lover of high quality lab diamonds. I was an early adopter of the product, using them for my engagement ring and wedding bands in 2012.
In 2015, I founded Ada Diamonds, a custom fine jeweler of lab diamonds, with my partner and spouse Jason Payne. He’s been on Reddit as u/Ada_Diamonds
for a few years, and he encouraged me to join Reddit to share my hands-on experience with lab diamonds with the community, so here I am! My Background with Lab Diamonds
I have spent over 3,000 hours in the last five years hands-on with lab diamonds: inspecting, judging, filming, curating, sampling, and assessing lab diamonds. Every week I personally examine 25-50 lab diamonds, in addition to those evaluated by the rest of our team.
I am passionate about inspecting lab diamonds in person before purchase. As a lab diamond jeweler, I would never, ever, ever purchase a lab diamond sight unseen, no matter how good the price or the video.
Why will I not purchase a lab diamond sight unseen? We reject at least a third of the diamonds that arrive at our showrooms every single day. A certificate and low-resolution video of a lab diamond can give you clues about the quality of a diamond, but it is not enough information to definitively determine the quality.
We use online certificates and videos to assess whether a diamond should be inspected, but we would never pass a lab diamond from a cert or from a 400px video. Lighting and color can easily be manipulated and edited in 360 videos, rendering them essentially useless for properly assessing a lab diamond’s quality.
In addition, the resolution of the videos is low enough that you cannot read the laser inscribed ID on the diamond, so you cannot be sure that the diamond in the video is actually the diamond that is shipped to you. We have heard from multiple members of the trade that a number of wholesalers are swapping videos for better diamonds (with similar inclusions) to sell unexceptional diamonds. How Do I QC a Lab Diamond and What Do I Look For?
When we order hand-picked lab diamonds for inspection, they are shipped to one of our showrooms where they are verified, examined, judged, filmed, and tested. We use both traditional jewelers tools as well as scientific laboratory equipment to evaluate the quality of the diamonds. We do this in our own controlled environment and full-spectrum lighting. We do not buy at trade shows or offices where lighting can be tuned/optimized to hide defects in diamonds.
Similarly to mined diamonds, much of our quality control criteria is based on the fundamentals of gemology. Is the diamond grading accurate? Does the color, clarity, cut/make match what we see in person?
Then we assess make (the quality of the cut). We specialize in fancy shapes above 2ct, so we look for bow ties, light leakage, crown paneling, pavilion bulge, culet size, fish eyes, empty and lifeless centers, uneven chevrons, etc. We are happy to capture Ideal Scope or ASET images for our clients, but we find that ASETs do not tell the full story of a diamond’s appearance.
Unique to lab diamonds, we look for characteristics indicative of poorly/cheaply grown CVD and HPHT goods. For CVD, we look for brown and gray undertones, black polycrystalline inclusions (particularly on the girdle), strain or graining in the diamond, signs of iterative growth patterns called striations, and obvious HPHT post-growth treatment which can give a CVD diamond a “straw” or light yellow gray color.
For HPHT, we look for blue nuance from boron, gray undertone from metals such as titanium, phosphorescence (which is not the same thing as fluorescence), zoning by growth sector, and metal flux inclusions.
We use the same criteria for every lab diamond we bring in house, from small bags of melee to larger certified goods.
Once we receive a lab diamond, we use a variety of tools to measure some of these unnatural characteristics of lab diamonds. But most importantly, we get tons of media. Examining a lab diamond in isolation is not as effective as comparing it to others of lesser and superior quality. We send multiple videos, comparisons, and our opinions to clients all over the world who trust our eyes and judgment to help them select a lab diamond.
We use the same strict criteria for lab diamonds we inspect for our Public Purchase Program
, our in-house program to buy second-hand lab diamonds from members of the public. What Has Surprised Me
By far the most surprising thing about inspecting lab diamonds in person is how different they can look from their v360 videos, particularly fancy shapes like ovals. Online videos are often blasted with light, using low exposure and bright LED's to mask dark color and light leakage. In particular, it's very difficult to judge bow ties from videos versus in person. Conversely, some v360 videos are so low quality and poorly filmed that a lab diamond can be gorgeous, even if it had an ugly video. Why I’m On Reddit
I’m here to help educate the Reddit community by sharing examples of good vs bad lab diamonds that I have inspected in person. I’ll keep my comments focused on the diamonds, and not the companies that sell the diamonds.
I can advise you whether or not we would bring a lab diamond in house for inspection based on its cert; however, I cannot advise on whether a given diamond is a beautiful stone, based on a cert and a video.
Given the wide range of quality I have personally witnessed over the years for lab diamonds within the same 4 C’s, I think it’s completely nuts to purchase
a lab diamond off of a cert or video. Every lab diamond is different and there is no way to know what it will look like until you’ve seen it live.
I’m here to help you understand how qualities of lab diamonds present to the average person in the normal course of life. How do striations really look to the naked eye? Can I see phosphorescence without gemological equipment? If you irradiate a blue nuanced diamond, will it look gray? Does HPHT post growth treatment matter if it makes the CVD diamond look better? These concepts are not covered on IGI or GCAL certs. And they aren’t just academic topics; these are things that directly impact a lab diamond’s appearance and resale value.
I’m here to show you what a particular size or shape of diamond looks like on my hand (size ~5.25 finger), or that of one of my many female colleagues who range from ring sizes 4 to 6.5.
I’m here to share unique technological advancements in lab diamonds and what we’re witnessing in the market regarding supply, quality, and price. What I’m Not Here to Do
I’m not here to trash talk a competitor. I'm proud of the high integrity organization that we've built that is rooted in quality diamonds and customer experiences. If you’re interested in our company, I would encourage you to read our 100% authentic Yelp
I’m not here to promote a diamond we have for sale over one you’re considering from another retailer. If you’d like to check out Ada Diamonds
, I’d love to earn your business. But if you’ve found a diamond you love from someone else, then congrats!
I’m not here to play armchair gemologist. I am hands-on with lab diamonds, in our showroom, every single day. I don’t sit at home in my pajamas commenting on certificates and videos while sending out affiliate links. If you ask for my opinion of a lab diamond that we have at Ada Diamonds, I will send you a video of that actual diamond, on my actual hand, in our actual showroom. If you ask for someone’s advice on a lab diamond, and they haven’t personally looked at the diamond in person, they are incapable of definitively assessing the diamond's quality, period.
I am excited to bring my experience with this beautiful and innovative product to the Reddit community!
Updated list of Global Beermoney opportunities (+180!) - June 2020
submitted by Proim to beermoneyglobal [link] [comments]
Updated list of Global Beermoney opportunities (+180!) - June 2020
The current, and now previous, Beermoney Global list
started nearly 5 years ago. It’s been updated and has grown over all that time, but it also became a hassle to keep current. It was time to build a new list from scratch based on my experience in the Beermoney world over all these years and all the contributions all of you have been making in this sub.
The lists consist of opportunities that are available in at least one country that is not the US. This means there are sites which only work in Canada or the UK. There’s sites which are open to the whole world, but this does not mean everyone can really earn something on it. It’s all still very demographic and therefore location dependent. This list should give you a starting point to try out and find what works for you. I’m not using everything myself as I prefer to focus on a few, so not all are tested by me. They are found in this sub, other subreddits and other resources where people claim to have success.
I’ve chosen the format of a simple table with the bare minimum of information to keep things clean. It includes a link, how you earn, personal payment proof if available and sign-up bonus codes if applicable. Some of these bonuses are also one-time use codes specifically made for this sub! For the ones I don’t have payment proof (yet) feel free to provide some as a comment or via modmail so others know it’s legit. I am working on detailed instructions for each method that I personally use which will include things like cashout minimum, cashout options, tips & tricks,... For now I’ve split things up based on the type of earning like passive or mobile. Because of this there’s sometimes an overlap as some are both passive and on mobile or both earning crypto and a GPT (Get Paid To) website.
The lists are obviously not complete so I invite you to keep posting new ones in the sub, as a comment to this post, or in modmail. Especially if you have sites or apps which work for one single specific country I can start building a list, just like I did for The Netherlands and Belgium. If you recognize things which are in fact scams or not worth it let me know as well.
Get Paid To (Surveys, tasks, offers, videos, clicking links, play games, searching)
|Register here ||How to earn ||Payment proof ||Sign-up bonus code |
|ySense - The best global site ||Surveys, tasks, offers, videos ||Paypal ||/ |
|PrizeRebel ||Surveys, tasks, offers, videos ||Paypal ||Enter code 'beermoneyglobal' |
|SerpClix ||Google searching ||Paypal ||/ |
|Swagbucks & SwagButton ||Surveys, tasks, offers, videos, shopping & cashback, games, apps ||Paypal ||/ |
|GG2U ||Surveys, tasks, offers, videos ||Pending ||$1.00 if register here |
|Keep Rewarding ||Surveys, tasks, offers, videos, PTC ||Pending ||$0.25 if register here |
|Ebesucher ||Surfing, reading mails ||Bank transfer ||/ |
|Reward XP ||Surveys, tasks, offers, videos ||Pending ||$0.50 if register here |
|Gain.gg ||Surveys, tasks, offers, videos ||Paypal ||$0.10 if register here |
|Timebucks ||Surveys, tasks, offers, videos, Tik Tok, Shopping ||Pending ||$1.00 if register here |
|GamerMine ||Surveys, offers, videos, tasks, ||Pending ||$1.00 if register here |
|Gamehag ||Tasks, offers, play games, post on forum, writing ||Pending ||/ |
|BTCSurveys ||Surveys ||Pending ||/ |
|FruitLab ||Watch & upload video game clips ||Pending ||100 pips if register here |
|Clickworker ||Transcripts, tasks, UHRS (categorizing), surveys ||Paypal ||/ |
|FreeSkins ||Surveys, offers, tasks, videos ||Pending ||100 coins if register here |
|iRazoo ||Games, surveys, videos, offers, apps ||Pending ||Enter code 'AK7DB2' for 500 points when signing up |
|EarnCrypto ||Data entry, surveys, offers, tasks, videos, games, apps ||Pending ||/ |
|Blockreward ||Apps, surveys, videos, tasks, offers ||Pending ||$2.00 if register here and earn 20000b + $2.00 if earn 10000b within 30 days |
|PaidViewPoint ||Surveys ||Pending ||/ |
|GrabPoints ||Suverys, videos, offers, games, apps ||Pending ||500 points if register here |
|RewardingWays ||Surveys, offers, tasks, videos, contests ||Pending ||$0.20 if register here |
|SuperPay ||Surveys, offers, tasks, videos, contests ||Pending ||$0.20 if register here |
|InstaGC ||Surveys, tasks, videos, apps ||Pending ||/ |
|GiftHunterClub ||Surveys, offers, videos, apps, games ||Pending ||$0.75 if register here |
|Idle-Empire ||Surveys, offers, videos, mining, apps, games ||Pending ||500 points if register here |
|PicoWorkers ||Tasks, games, apps ||Pending ||/ |
|ViewFruit ||Surveys ||Pending ||/ |
|Mobrog (change language if needed) ||Surveys ||Pending ||/ |
|Surveytime ||Surveys ||Pending ||/ |
|Giveaway Pros ||Offers, videos ||Pending ||/ |
|SEO Sprint (Russian, use Google Translate) ||Tasks ||Pending ||/ |
|Earnhoney ||Surveys, tasks, offers, videos ||Pending ||/ |
|Toluna ||Surveys ||Pending ||/ |
|Spidermetrix ||Surveys ||Pending ||/ |
|BeerSurveys ||Surveys, tasks, offers ||Pending ||/ |
|CrowdHolding ||Co-create with startups ||Pending ||/ |
|Diaworkers ||Tasks ||Pending ||/ |
|Presearch ||Search & Earn ||Pending ||/ |
|Univox Community ||Surveys ||Pending ||/ |
|YouGov ||Surveys ||Pending ||/ |
|Spare5 ||Tasks ||Paypal ||/ |
|Rewardia ||Surveys, polls, games, videos, puzzles, trivia ||Pending ||3000 points extra (when you earn 3000 points) if register here |
|Earnably ||Surveys, tasks, offers, videos ||Pending ||/ |
|Neevo ||Tasks ||Pending ||/ |
|Rakuten Insight (country specific links) ||Surveys ||Pending ||/ |
|The Panel Station ||Surveys ||Pending ||/ |
|Remotasks ||Tasks ||Pending ||/ |
|Pureprofile ||Surveys ||Pending ||/ |
|UserCrowd ||Tasks ||PayPal ||/ |
|Sruvey Village ||Surveys ||Pending ||/ |
|InboxDollars/InboxPounds ||Surveys, offers, videos, shopping ||Pending ||/ |
|Qmee ||Surveys ||Pending ||/ |
|MicroWorkers ||Tasks ||Pending ||/ |
|Cinchbucks ||Surveys, offers, tasks, videos ||Pending ||/ |
|Rewards1 ||Suverys, videos, offers, games, apps, polls, contests ||Pending ||/ |
|Vindale ||Surveys ||Pending ||/ |
|PointClub ||Surveys ||Pending ||/ |
|TGM Panel ||Surveys ||Pending ||/ |
|PaidPoints ||Tasks, offers, traffic exchange, ad clicking ||Pending ||/ |
|RapidWorkers ||Tasks ||Pending ||/ |
|AnyTask ||Sell your skills ||Pending ||/ |
|Bounty0x ||Tasks ||Pending ||/ |
|Opinion World ||Surveys ||Pending ||/ |
|Lifepoints ||Surveys ||Pending ||/ |
Passive (desktop & mobile)
Crypto (faucets, mining, GPT)
|Register here ||How to earn ||Payment proof ||Sign-up bonus code |
|Cointiply ||Faucet, surveys, tasks, offers, videos ||Bitcoin ||Enter code 'beermoneyglobal' |
|FreeBitcoin ||Faucet, lottery, betting, passive interest ||Bitcoin ||/ |
|AdBTC ||Click ads, active window surfing, autosurfing ||Pending ||/ |
|Faucetpay ||Faucet Wallet, exchange, offers, tasks, trading ||Pending ||/ |
|Faucet Crypto ||Faucet, ads clicking, offers, shortlinks ||Pending ||/ |
|More Money ||Faucet, ads clicking, offers, shortlinks ||Pending ||/ |
|Kryptex ||Crypto mining ||Pending ||/ |
|Quicrypto ||Surveys, tasks, offers, games, videos ||Pending ||/ |
|Coinpot ||Faucet ||Bitcoin ||/ |
|Honeyminer ||Mining ||Pending ||1000 satoshis if register here |
|BitShark ||Faucet, games ||Pending ||/ |
|Publish0x ||Read & write articles ||Pending ||/ |
|Starbits ||Faucet (need FaucetPay account) ||Pending ||/ |
|Coinpayu ||Ads clicking, videos, offers ||Pending ||/ |
|BTCSurveys ||Surveys ||Pending ||/ |
|Blockreward ||Apps, surveys, videos ||Pending ||$2.00 if register here and earn 20000b + $2.00 if earn 10000b within 30 days |
|Coinbase ||Crypto sign-up bonuses ||Bank transfer ||See links in thread |
|LBRY.tv ||Watch videos ||Pending ||/ |
|Pi Network ||Crypto mining ||Pending (see here) ||To join you need a referral link |
|EarnCrypto ||Data entry, surveys, offers, tasks, videos, games, apps ||Pending ||/ |
|Phoneum ||Games, mining ||Pending ||/ |
|Register here ||How to earn ||Payment proof ||Sign-up bonus code |
|Cointiply ||Faucet, surveys, tasks, offers, videos ||Bitcoin ||Enter code 'beermoneyglobal' |
|HoneyGain ||Desktop & mobile phone bandwith sharing (wifi + data) ||Paypal ||$5.00 if register here |
|Google Opinion Rewards ||Surveys ||Play Store credit ||/ |
|FreeBitcoin ||Faucet, lottery, betting, passive interest ||Bitcoin ||/ |
|AppKarma ||Games, quizes, surveys ||Pending ||Enter code 'Proim' for 300 points when signing up |
|CashKarma ||Surveys, offers, games ||Pending ||Enter code 'Proim' for 300 points when signing up |
|Cash Alarm ||Games ||Pending ||Receive 25% of my earnings if register here |
|Cash Magnet ||Games, offers, tasks, videos ||Pending ||/ |
|AttaPoll ||Surveys ||Pending ||/ |
|ClipClaps ||Videos, games, raffles ||PayPall ||$1.00 & Diamond Chest if register here |
|Quicrypto ||Surveys, tasks, offers, games, videos ||Pending ||/ |
|Poll Pay ||Surveys ||Pending ||$0.30 if using code '4CS6L4SQ8D' when signing up |
|BuzzBreak ||Read news, videos, offers, surveys ||Pending ||Enter code 'B06472489' when signing up |
|Userlytics ||Software testing ||Pending ||/ |
|WowApp ||Games, offers, surveys, videos, chat, phone unlock, calling, cashback, shopping cashback, browsing, news reading ||Pending ||/ |
|CuriousCat ||Surveys ||Pending ||/ |
|Quickthoughts ||Surveys ||Pending ||/ |
|Fitplay ||Games ||Pending ||$0.33 if register here |
|TV-Two Make Money ||Apps, games, Youtube, browsing ||Pending ||555 credits if register here |
|Mistplay ||Games ||Pending ||/ |
|FeaturePoints ||Suveys, offers, apps, cashback ||Pending ||50 points if register here |
|Money SMS ||Receive SMS ||Pending ||/ |
|BIGtoken ||Suveys, location sharing, social media account ||Pending ||Use code 'GMGALLOIA' |
|McMoney ||Receive SMS ||Pending ||$0.22 if using code '60LGG3PR' |
|Pi Network ||Crypto mining ||Pending (see here) ||To join you need a referral link |
|Roamler ||Mystery shopping ||Pending ||/ |
|SMS Profit Net ||Receive SMS ||Pending ||/ |
|Streetbees ||Surveys, tasks, create videos, take pictures ||Pending ||Enter code '6115GF' when signing up |
|Simcash ||Send SMS [risky] ||Pending ||/ |
|VoxPopMe ||Video feedback ||Pending ||/ |
|Cash4sms ||Send [risky] & receive SMS ||Pending ||/ |
|Citizen Me ||Surveys ||Pending ||/ |
|ControlMySMS ||Receive SMS ||Pending ||/ |
|Birdchain ||Send SMS [risky] ||Pending ||/ |
|Sweatcoin ||Walking ||Pending ||/ |
|COIN ||Explore ||Pending ||1000 coins if register here |
|Panel App ||Surveys, location sharing ||Pending ||/ |
|GiftHunterClub ||Surveys, offers, videos, apps, games ||Pending ||$0.75 if register here |
|Phoneum ||Games, mining ||Pending ||/ |
|Register here ||How to earn ||Payment proof ||Sign-up bonus code |
|Respondent ||Interviews, research, surveys ||Pending ||/ |
|Prolific ||Surveys, research ||Paypal ||/ |
Investing (revenue share)
Selling (designs on merchandise, skills/gigs)
|Register here ||How to earn ||Payment proof ||Sign-up bonus code |
|Fiverr ||Sell your skills ||Pending ||20% off on first purchase if register here |
|Redbubble ||Sell your designs ||Pending ||/ |
|Zeerk ||Sell your skills ||Pending ||/ |
|TeePublic ||Sell your designs ||Pending ||/ |
|Teespring ||Sell your designs ||Pending ||/ |
|Register here ||How to earn ||Payment proof ||Sign-up bonus code |
|Rev ||Transcribing, captioning, foreign subtitles ||Pending ||/ |
|Gotranscript ||Transcribing, translating captioning, foreign subtitles ||Pending ||/ |
|TranscribeMe ||Transcribing, translating, data annotation ||Pending ||/ |
|Unbabel ||Translating ||Pending ||/ |
|Register here ||How to earn ||Payment proof ||Sign-up bonus code |
|Wealthy Affiliate ||Learn affiliate marketing ||Pending ||/ |
|Brave ||Brows internet ||Pending ||/ |
|Andromo ||Develop apps ||Pending ||/ |
The Netherlands specific
For The Netherlands there are a few very good options next to a bunch of ‘spaarprogramma’s. There ‘spaarprogramma’s are all the same where you receive and click a bunch of e-mails, advertisements, banners,... I advise you to create a separate e-mail address or use a good filter in your inbox as you will be spammed to death. I believe they can be a nice piece of beermoney but they take quite the effort.
|Register here ||How to earn ||Payment proof ||Sign-up bonus code |
|Euroclix ||Surveys, shopping & cashback, offers, energy/internet providers ||Bank transfer ||€1.95 if register here |
|StemPunt ||Surveys ||Gift cards ||500 points if register here |
|Cashback XL ||Shopping cashback, health insurance discount ||Bank transfer ||/ |
|Scoupy ||Shopping cashback, free products ||Pending ||/ |
|Cashback Korting ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€7.50 if register here |
|Lady Cashback ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€7.50 if register here |
|Enqueteclub ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€7.50 if register here |
|Snel Verdienen ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€2.50 if register here |
|Spaar Actief ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€1.00 if register here |
|Klik Je Zakgeld ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€1.00 if register here |
|Zinngeld ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€0.10 if register here |
|My Clics ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€1.25 if register here |
|Direct Verdiend ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€2.00 if register here |
|Spaar4Cash ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€1.50 if register here |
|Qassa ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||/ |
|My Flavours ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€1.00 if register here |
|Cash Ze ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€1.00 if register here |
|Geld Race ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€1.25 if register here |
|iPay ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€1.25 if register here |
|Double Points ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€2.00 if register here |
|Mailbeurs ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€1.50 if register here |
|Qlics ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€1.25 if register here |
|Centmail ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€1.50 if register here |
|Extra Euro ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€1.25 if register here |
|Gekken Goud ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€1.00 if register here |
|Dutch Euro ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€1.50 if register here |
|Nu Cash ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€1.00 if register |
|Snel Euro ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€1.00 if register here |
|Cash Hier ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€1.50 if register here |
|Betaalde Mails ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€2.00 if register here |
|Goudmails ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€1.00 if register here |
|Online Cashen ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€1.00 if register here |
|Crazy Mails ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€1.00 if register here |
|Cash Paradijs ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€1.00 if register here |
|Smart Clix ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€5.00 if register here |
|24/7 Discount ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||/ |
|Beetje Zakgeld ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€1.25 if register here |
|Geldmolen ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€1.75 if register here |
|Online Zakcentje ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€1.50 if register here |
|Geldcircus ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€0.75 if register here |
|Lady Clix ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€0.99 if register here |
|Geldwolf ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€1.00 if register here |
|Zilvervloot ||Read mails, click banners, shopping cashback, shopping deals, compare (GWL, data, internet, tv, insurances), offers, surveys ||Pending ||€1.00 if register here |
|Register here ||How to earn ||Payment proof ||Sign-up bonus code |
|Buffl ||Surveys ||Gift cards ||/ |
The one-time sign-up bonus programs are still to be found here
. If you find a new one let me know so I can create the post to keep all the ref links together.
Although it’s not really about making money online, it’s still nice to save some money as well when shopping online.
|Register here ||How to earn ||Payment proof ||Sign-up bonus code |
|Honey ||Discounts & Cashback ||/ ||500 Honey Gold if register here |
|G2A ||Game keys ||/ ||/ |
|Kinguin ||Game keys ||/ ||/ |
|Allkeyshop ||Game keys ||/ ||/ |
|AliExpress ||Save on online shopping ||/ ||$24 coupons if register here |
|Gearbest ||Save on online shopping ||/ ||/ |
Other subs & resources
READ THIS FIRST: Official Frequently Asked Questions and Answers - Important Up to Date Information You Need To Know about EIDL
\ submitted by cue378 to EIDL [link] [comments]
*LAST UPDATED 7/14**)
OFFICIAL FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS FOR EIDL
This post will be a master thread with everything we have collectively learned on EIDL
about the loan and the application process. It will be updated on an ongoing basis and will always contain the most current information. Things change frequently at the SBA with policy and you should check back on this thread on a regular basis.
Please post any questions not covered and I will respond and add them here.
INDEX OF QUESTIONS:
- How do I get in touch with customer service phone support?
- What are my chances of being approved for this loan? Can I know in advance?
- I received a decline letter for “Business activity not eligible”. What can I do?
- How is the loan amount calculated? How can I request a specific amount?
- What is the maximum loan amount?
- When will I get my portal invite?
- I finally got a portal invite and accepted and submitted an amount. My application says it is "processing", now what?
- I understand that processing really means "underwriting", but how long will it actually take? What is the normal amount of time?
- Does contacting my congressmen or senator actually work?
- I accidentally entered the wrong revenue or COGS on my application and my offer amount was lower than I expected, is it possible to change this?
- I need to change my Rev or COGS and I already accepted an amount in the portal, Tier 2 told me to do it! Is it too late?
- Who are you, cue378? Can you help me?
- My loan as obligated or already funded, I made a mistake with my COGS or revenue and I am not happy with the amount. Can I change it?
- How do I show support for the volunteers and moderators for EIDL
- I received my portal link, but when I go to create an account it just takes me to the login page. What can be done?
- I was declined for "unsatisfactory credit". What are my options?
- What documents are required? Will a loan officer contact me?
- What is the status of the Advance/Grant program? Can I still get a grant?
- What are the eligible uses of EIDL funds?
- I received a denial letter for the reason "ECONOMIC INJURY NOT SUSTAINED". What does this mean and what can I do?
- What is CAWEB and how can it help me track my loan disbursement and other status?
- I received my portal invite link, however when I go to create an account I just get the message: "The user account has not been confirmed yet. Please confirm using the link in the e-mail". What can I do?
1. QUESTION: How do I get in touch with customer service phone support? ANSWER:
The highest level of official customer service is known as "tier 2" and can be reached by calling 1-800-659-2955 and asking for Tier 2
. (NOTE: As of 5/29 the previous direct number is currently out of service)
They are unfortunately, a very limited means of support. They are able to check your application status and see the current "stage" and leave notes in your file, but unable to directly make any changes or escalate anything in a meaningful way.
Most are very nice and well meaning people but are usually poorly informed and often provided contradictory information between calls. The important thing to understand is that notes left by T2 do not actually notify a loan officer or anyone, they are simply waiting to be read if someone happens to open your file and takes the time to review the case notes. So if a T2 says they requested a change do not assume it was or will be made.
2. QUESTION: What are my chances of being approved for this loan? Can I know in advance? ANSWER:
The loan is relatively easy to get approval for by loan standards. The exact underwriting criteria the SBA is using was leaked by some helpful people (hat tip to u/Sbaleaky
) and thus you can have a good understanding what your chances are.
Underwriters look for the following:
-Minimum Credit Score of 570. They will pull from experian. Close to Vantage 3 model found on nav DOT com or TransUnion numbers on credit karma. They do NOT use FICO. Credit score is largest factor for approval for this loan and no exceptions are made for under 570.
-If economic injury was sustained based on formula described in QUESTION 4. If this is a negative number you will be auto declined. (SEE QUESTION 5) The SBA does not consider potential revenue lost or general expenses in the loan amount.
-Tax liens or tax issues are NOT a disqualifying factor or taken into consideration for COVID19 disaster.
-Business start date must be prior to 1/31/20
-open bankruptcies = Declined. Closed OK.
-Arrest for felony < 5 years = Declined
-Arrest for misdemeanor < 5 years = Declined
-Sole proprietors with delinquent child support > 60 days = Declined
-Any business principals with 50% or more ownership with delinquent child support > 60 days = Declined
-Your business must pass verification in some way that it is a valid operation. If they can find it on google it will suffice. Otherwise you may have to provide documents to prove it's a legit business.
-Your business type must not be on the list for ineligible business activity. See list on FAQ.
-All owners on application must be either US citizens or Permanent Residents. E-2 Investor visa is NOT eligible and any attempts to appeal or add a co-borrower who is a citizen or LPR will be unsuccessful. Corporations, Partnerships, and Limited Liability Entities (LLE): Alien-owned corporations, partnerships, and LLEs properly registered and licensed in the state where the disaster occurred are eligible. If any member, partner, or shareholder, owning 20 percent or more of the applicant business is in the USA they must be a qualified alien. If the alien resides outside the USA an exception may be made.
3. QUESTION: I received a decline letter for “Business activity not eligible”. What can I do? ANSWER:
EIDL has a list of restricted business categories, if your type is NOT on this list and you still received this letter you may have been improperly classified.
The following applicants are not eligible for EIDL assistance.
- 7-Eleven Franchise Stores, despite what corp office says. (advance is OK)
- Lending or Investment Concerns (except for real estate investments held for rental)
- Multi-level Sales Distribution (Pyramid) Concerns c. Speculative Activities d. Non-profit Organizations that are not considered a Private Non-Profit
- Consumer and Marketing Cooperatives. However, other cooperatives and small agricultural cooperatives meeting applicable size standards are eligible f. Not a small business concern (except for PNP of any size) g. Gambling Concerns. Concerns that derive more than one-third of their annual gross revenue from legal gambling activities.
- Casinos, Racetracks, Etc. Businesses whose purpose for being is gambling (such as casinos, racetracks, poker parlors, etc.) are not eligible for EIDL assistance regardless of their ability to meet the one-third criteria established for otherwise eligible concerns.
- Loan packagers who derives more than one-third of their annual volume from the preparation of applications seeking financial assistance from SBA
- Religious Organizations.
- Political or Lobbying Concerns.
- Pawn shops, when 50 percent or more of previous year’s income was derived 50 30 9 71 Effective Date: May 31, 2018 from interest
- Real Estate Developers. Establishments primarily engaged in subdividing real property into lots and developing it for resale on their own account.
- Life Insurance Companies.
- Concerns Engaged in Illegal Activities (as defined by Federal guidelines). p. Government-owned concerns, except for businesses owned or controlled by a Native American tribe.
- Concerns with Principals Incarcerated, on Parole or Probation: remain ineligible if the parole or probation is lifted solely because it is an impediment to obtaining a loan.
- Concerns engaged in live performances of, or the Sale of Products, Services, of a Prurient Sexual Nature.
- Businesses considered as hobbies.
- Concerns Involved in Change in Ownership Situations: Concerns which had a substantial change of ownership (more than 50 percent) after the impending economic injury became apparent, and no contract for sale existed prior to that time are ineligible .
4. QUESTION: How is the loan amount calculated? How can I request a specific amount? ANSWER:
There is no way to request a specific amount, the eligible amount is calculated automatically by formula based on your inputs. There are three known formulas:
- Standard Small Business: Revenue minus COGS divided by 2 minus advance, subject to maximum of 150K
- Not for Profit: 6 months operating expenses year prior to 1/31/20
- Business that collects rental property income, your offer is calculated by lost rents due to the disaster, not the standard formula. If your offer is lower than expected you may have been wrongly classified into this formula.
- Agricultural businesses: 6 months operating expenses year prior to 1/31/20
If the formula results in a negative number or less than your advance you will be declined for "ECONOMIC INJURY NOT SUSTAINED"
5. QUESTION: What is the maximum loan amount? ANSWER:
As of last update it is currently 150K cap. This will not change anytime soon and there will be no way to request more at present. The only way to avoid the cap is if your loan was already being obligated prior to the change by the SBA from 500K. If I hear anything new on this it will be updated here.
6. QUESTION: When will I get my portal invite? ANSWER:
Portal invites are a fully automated process and not strictly sequential but follow general group patterns. If you see someone that has a higher number than you get a portal invite it does NOT mean you were "passed over".
7. QUESTION: I finally got a portal invite and accepted and submitted an amount. My application says it is "processing", now what? ANSWER:
This is when the actual loan process starts and underwriting begins. Your application will be assigned a loan officer for review using the criteria listed in question 2. The exact process is as follows (hat tip u/sbaleaky
) with the actual stages from start to finish. Keep in mind that once you accept in the portal a number of things are going on behind the scenes, which is why "processing" can take a great deal of time. Once you see a loan amount in your portal, this is NOT an approved offer. It is simply a potential amount you are eligible for based on the stated formula if you pass underwriting.
- Initial Call Needed (credit not ran)
- Credit Pulled (waiting for automated portal invitation, this is by far the longest part of the process)
- Quoted (received portal invite with an eligible amount)
- Offer Accepted (you confirmed and submitted an amount in the portal)
- Submitted Deal (waiting to be assigned to a Loan Officer)
- LO assigned and makes decision: Declined, Duplicate, Approved
[The following takes place behind the scenes and will not reflect in your portal, but will still say "processing"]
Note: The exception to this process is that some applications which are considered easy (based on unknown factors) to approve are subject to full automation and may go straight to approval bypassing the above steps. This only happens in rare cases.
- Approved: T2 Rep can now see your loan is approved on their screen. This means the Loan Officer has approved the deal and it is now going to the Senior Loan Officer. If the SLO does not approve the deal then it will go to declined.
- Obligating: SLO known as a "team leader" reviews the work of the first LO to ensure everything was done correctly. Once they sign off on the deal the loan is now fully approved. The loan is being sent to the E-Tran system to receive a loan number. The loan has not yet received a loan number from E-Tran while obligating. This is the most common phase where hang ups in "processing" can error called "error in obligating". Usually due to small technical issues or errors in your information that need to be sorted.
- Obligated: A loan number from E-Tran has been obtained and now closing documents can be drafted and sent to the borrower. This is when your portal would change from "processing" to approved. There may be a delay between when your offer is obligated to when it actually shows approved. I have seen it happen in as fast as 10 minutes or as long as 12 hours. You can also see approved but not have docs available. Docs will not show up until you get an email with the approval. The delay on this can be a few hours or more.
- Funding: Docs are signed and the loan is automatically moved to funding stage to have treasury issue an ACH. This happens very quickly and you should see the ACH sent right after with the funds arriving in 24-48 hours on banking days. **NOTE** Currently as of 6/10 we are seeing delays in funding of up to a week or even more, as it is very backed up in the queue.*\* At this point you can track the disbursement with your loan number from the docs using CAWEB to see if the ACH has been sent. See CAWEB question.
- Funded: Process complete, funds are successfully in your bank account. Congrats
You may also see a status that says, "On-Hold" Amount $0: This status typically is when your loan was temporarily declined and is still in the reconsideration department pending possible reconsideration approval.
8. QUESTION: I now understand that processing really means "underwriting", but how long will it actually take? What is the normal amount of time? ANSWER:
The amount of time it is normal for your portal to say "processing" is highly variable as a hundred different factors are involved behind the scenes. As of 6/10 we are seeing extended delays in processing time and obligating stage specifically. The average we are seeing is around 14-16 days total in processing.
If your application has been in underwriting for greater than 14 days it may merit investigate, but not necessarily indicate a problem with your chances of approval. Do NOT panic if it seems "stuck" with no communication from anyone. This is normal.
9. QUESTION: Does contacting my congressmen or senator actually work? ANSWER:
Yes, the SBA treats congressional inquiry very carefully and will flag and sometimes white glove your application. Often they will assign a special case worker during the process. The important thing is when your local congressional office reaches out they do NOT contact the local district SBA but this email: [[email protected]
). This email is NOT for use by applicants but only official government purposes.
10. QUESTION: Help! I accidentally entered the wrong revenue or COGS on my application and my offer amount was lower than I expected, is it possible to change this? ANSWER:
Yes, but two factors are important:
- You should NOT have already accepted an amount and submitted for processing in the portal. *If you already did see note below.
- You have documentation to backup the changes such as Federal Tax Returns 2018 or 2019 or P&L Statements. Tax returns are strongly preferred if available.
****The important thing here is DO NOT
accept the offer in the portal if you need to revise your numbers.**** *IF YOU HAVE ALREADY ACCEPTED THE OFFER:
Call tier 2 support as soon as you possibly can and ask them to make the following note in your file: Loan Officer, DO NOT approve this file without calling me, the applicant, because my (revenue or COGS) figures are wrong. I have supporting docs to make the changes. Please contact me ASAP. If you meet the above two criteria
contact me via email at [[email protected]
) with your Reddit username in the subject and put COGS REVISION REQUESTED in the subject line. I will respond and give you private advice on the matter.
11. QUESTION: I need to change my Rev or COGS and I already accepted an amount in the portal, Tier 2 told me to do it! Is it too late? Answer:
Unfortunately tier 2 is currently giving absolutely terrible advice in this situation. They are telling people to accept the offer in the portal to speak with a loan officer to make the revision. The problem is that once you accept you set the process in motion and then it gets obligated by treasury it is impossible to adjust. The proper time is prior to accepting. Often times loan officers never are needed, never reach out or even read these notes. I see it every day and people are stuck its the "kiss of death" advice. If you already accepted you may have time but would need to work quickly from date of submit.
UPDATE: As of 6/15 there is now a way to fix this. See question 13.
12. QUESTION: Who are you, cue378? Can you help me? ANSWER:
I am a small business owner who is a full time volunteer offering to assist in the EIDL process. I have experience assisting hundreds of other business owners in applying for and getting approved. I am sharing the information, strategies, and general knowledge I have gained over the course of 2 months. I do not work at the SBA nor do I have any affiliation with the SBA.
Do to an extreme flood of requests for help, I may not be able to answer PM's or chat requests. I have setup an email you are welcome to contact me on, but due to the volume I may not be able to respond right away or at all. My email is [[email protected]
Some people have asked how they can support my efforts. While I do not ask for donations, our subreddit founder decided to setup a tip jar in case people want to show their support. To be clear I do not ask for donations for my help, but if you decide to spare anything I do appreciate it greatly. The tip jar can be found HERE
13. QUESTION: My loan was obligated, already funded, or I already accepted the amount in the portal. I made a mistake with my COGS or revenue and I am not happy with the amount. Can I change it? ANSWER
: As of 6/12 loan modifications are now being allowed. You can contact [[email protected]
) and request a "Loan Modification increase". It is a 3-4 week process that requires documentation. A second loan will be given for the difference from the first one. It will be processed as a 20xx series loan in the old system/portal. For more details email me. Note if you have not yet accepted the offer the normal process is much faster.
14. QUESTION: How do I show support for the volunteers and moderators for EIDL ANSWER:
For supporting Cue378, there is a tip jar listed above. If you wish to show support to our community moderators, a separate tip jar can be found HERE
. Proceeds for this jar will be split between u/innocul8
. Donations in this jar do NOT go to Cue. Any amount is very appreciated. It takes a great deal of time and effort run the community and they are putting in a near full time effort.
15. QUESTION: I received my portal link, but when I go to create an account it just takes me to the login page. What can be done? ANSWER:
Follow these steps:
- Open the email to create your portal account. Right click on the green button that says, "create your account". Click "copy link address" or "copy hyperlink" depending on your browser.
- Use a VPN service, such as NordVPN or ProtonVPN (free), to connect to a VPN server in different state than yours, preferably on the opposite coast you are located.
- Open an incognito browser window, or private browser session if on firefox.
- Right click on the URL/web address field and paste the link you copied. Hit enter.
- You should then successfully be able to create a login, enter the portal, and accept your offer.
Alternately if you don't have a VPN or want to use one you can use a mobile phone to login incognito, with WiFi off on a cellular network, to create the account.
16. QUESTION: I was declined for "unsatisfactory credit". What are my options? ANSWER:
You have a few options.
- You can bring your vantage 3 score over 570 by paying down cards, when you are ready you can request the SBA re-pull your report and reactivate your account via [[email protected]](mailto:[email protected])
- You can request to add a co-borrower that has a higher score than 570 with no open bankruptcy and run their credit to reactivate your application.
You can expedite your request for a co-borrower by having this ready to go. You can also do this preemptively if you expect to be declined for credit. The co-borrower does NOT have to be involved with the business and can be anyone. The form is available here: SBA Form 3501 - Adding Co-Borrower
Only fill out the following:
Line #14 - Add the co-borrowers information under owner #1
Line #15 - Answer question for co-borrower.
Line #16 - Answer question for co-borrower.
Sign page 10, co-borrower signs.
Ownership percentage can be 0% if co-borrower is not part of business.
Attach and send with your co-borrower request to [[email protected]
) with your application number.
NOTE: If you have an urgent need to have your co-borrower request expedited, please email me at [[email protected]
) with the subject line: "ADDING CO-BORROWER REQUESTED URGENT" I will respond within 24 hours.
17. QUESTION: What documents are required? Will a loan officer contact me? ANSWER
: In most cases no documentation is required and everything is self certified. In some cases a LO will need to contact you to clarify some things about your business or request specific documents. In most cases you will never be contacted by or communicate with a loan officer.
18. QUESTION: What is the status of the Advance/Grant program? Can I still get a grant? ANSWER:
As most of you already know, the EIDL Advance/Grant program has ended and the full 20 billion in funding for the advance has been exhausted. The option has been removed from new applications. Getting funding for the advance as a new applicant at this time will not be possible.
For older applications please see this post for more information: https://www.reddit.com/EIDL/comments/hr3l41/eidl_news_714_update_regarding_the_current_status/
19. QUESTION: What are the eligible uses of EIDL funds?
ANSWER: These loans may be used to pay fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable and other bills that can’t be paid because of the disaster’s impact. What are all the possible uses of the funds? The wording ‘obligations that are unable to be met due to lack of revenue’ seems to be a catch all, but how much so? The EIDL working capital loans may be used to pay fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable, and other bills that could have been paid had the disaster not occurred. The loans are not intended to replace lost sales or profits or for expansion.
20. QUESTION: I received a denial letter for the reason "ECONOMIC INJURY NOT SUSTAINED". What does this mean and what can I do? ANSWER:
This occurs when the numbers entered on your application for COGS are greater than your revenue. The SBA calculates economic injury based on the formula in question number 4. You can also be denied for this reason if the resulting number is less than your advance amount. Please note that the SBA is only taking into account revenue earned prior to the disaster date of 1/31/20 to calculate your economic injury. If your only revenue was earned after that date as a newer business you may not qualify.
If the numbers on your application were correct, you would not be eligible for an EIDL. If you made an error you can request an amendment and request reactivation of your application. I can assist with this process. You need at minimum Profit and Loss statements for the period 12 months prior to the disaster starting 1/31/20. Email me at [[email protected]
) with the subject: COGS DENIAL REVERSAL REQUESTED. Include your Reddit username. I will respond with instructions on how to file this amendment.
21. QUESTION: What is CAWEB and how can it help me track my loan disbursement and other status? ANSWER:
You can use the Capital Access Finance System to track your EIDL after your documents have been signed and submitted through funding. It allows you to see disbursement status and other details related to your loan. ****Hat tip to u/tahoechick36 for this amazing write up*\
Using the Capital Access Finance System to track your EIDL after your documents have been signed and submitted through funding.
Visit caweb.sba.gov or click the link at the top of EIDL
Setting up an account:
You need a SBA Loan # to set up an account - for EIDL it appears on the first page of your documents, in the upper left hand area, and says "SBA Loan # XXXXXXXXXX.”
SBA loan #'s are 10 digits. Your Application # will NOT work for account set-up.
If you have a PPP Loan, you can use your SBA # for this loan to set up an account. Sometimes this # is easy to figure out, sometimes not. That has to do with an intermediary (like your bank) being involved, but if you can track down an actual SBA Loan #, you can go ahead and get registered without your EIDL loan number.
- On the home page click on "Not Enrolled?" in the top left. This takes you to a screen to enter info. You may come to hate this screen, this process is very finicky.
- Look at the rules for creating a User ID and Password by clicking on "Rules..." next to the fields.
- Write your exact ID & password down somewhere - if you ever get locked out and call the SBA for help, they are going to tell you that Borrowers are not supposed to be able to access CAFS CAWeb. Apparently we still can, so don't make this a big deal or maybe that will change!
- For user type - select "borrower" from the drop down menu.
- Fill in the highlighted fields with your info. Click on the "ZIP LOOKUP" button after you enter your zip code. This auto populates some other boxes, and registration won't work if you don't do this.
- For the country code in the phone number section enter "1" for the United States.
- Financial commitment ID is your Loan # - 10 digits.
- If you don't have a landline, it has been reported that just entering your mobile number in both fields works. You will have to select 3 of their security questions, enter the Captcha image info, then hit "submit" at the bottom.
If it didn't like the info you have entered, it will give you an error message for what part it didn't like, and you will have to try again, which requires re-entering quite a bit of the information. It's a pain.
But if it takes it, you're in! There may be a verification step now as well.
Finding your loan on CAWeb
- On the caweb homepage, login (if you aren't already), it will be personalized and show your name. You have to scroll down and check the "Agree to Terms" box when you are logging in.
- Click on "Borrower" in the top left, then click on "Borrower Search". This should take you to your "Loan List" showing the loan #, borrower name, loan type, amount, and loan status.
- PPP loans typically appear as "Active Un-Disbursed" - if your PPP is already funded don't worry about that. Your EIDL will show up as "Disbursed Current" if funds are on their way. It may say something else if you look immediately after you send back you Docs, but it should change pretty quickly. Logging out and back in again will sometimes refresh the status. Loan status will say "Active Un-Disbursed" until Treasury send the funds to your bank, then it changes to "Disbursed Current".
- It depends on your bank when they post in your account (same day, next day, time).
- If your banking info didn't verify, the transaction will fail to go through, and the status will revert.
- If you are not funded within 3-4 banking days, there is likely a problem - check your info in your portal, call the SBA, and then email Cue if needed.
- If you click on your loan# in the list, it opens up a page with details about your loan.
- There's even a box at the bottom to check if you want electronic account statements only, but if you check that, a warning pops up about "all attached to this loan will be affected by this change", so we recommend not selecting that option just yet.
22. QUESTION: I received my portal invite link, however when I go to create an account I just get the message: "The user account has not been confirmed yet. Please confirm using the link in the e-mail". What can I do? ANSWER:
This is a known bug/error normally relating to either getting the invite ahead of schedule or other missing information in your file that would prevent the account creation from moving forward. Tier 2 cannot solve this and it need a special approach to resolve. Please email me with the subject line: "USER ACCOUNT HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED". Include your reddit username in the email somewhere. My address is [[email protected]
[RuPaul's Drag Race] A Slice of Sherry Pie: a tale of drag queens, fake auditions, and sexual harassment
RuPaul’s Drag Race submitted by sarahfunlap to HobbyDrama [link] [comments]
Before getting into the drama let’s discuss some background and necessary terms. Drag is usually defined as someone who dresses up in hair, makeup, and costumes for entertainment purposes. Typically, drag queens are gay men who perform as women in drag, but anyone is able to participate in the art of drag.
When referring to drag queens she/her pronouns are typically used when a queen is in drag or when discussing their career. I will also only refer to a queen using their drag name but their real names can easily be found.
RuPaul’s Drag Race is a reality competition show hosted by RuPaul to crown “America’s Next Drag Superstar”. The success of the series has resulted in numerous spinoff series and a seemingly constant stream of drag related content. The winner of RuPaul’s Drag Race receives a one year supply of Anastasia Beverly Hills Cosmetics and a cash prize of $100,000. In the LGBTQ+ and drag community being casted on Drag Race is a huge deal and can propel a queen’s career to the point that they can become a full time drag queen. Sherry Pie
Sherry Pie, or Joey Gugliemelli, is a 28 year old drag queen from New York City and was cast on Season 12 of Drag Race. Her drag is known for being campy and inspired by musical theater. Since the show is filmed almost a year before it is set to air, it is common for spoilers about how contestants perform to emerge from subreddits like SpoiledDragRace
. Season 12 was filmed in July of 2019 and began airing in February of 2020. The premier was split over two weeks so that half the queens appeared in the first episode and the other half in the second episode. Sherry was slated to make her Drag Race debut on the second half of the premier. Rumors began circulating that Sherry did well on the show and made it far into the competition. Then the allegations started piling up. The Allegations
On March 4, the day before Sherry’s episode was set to premier, Ben Shimkus posted a detailed account of his experience with Sherry Pie on Facebook
. He and Sherry attended Cortland State University’s Musical Theatre program together and performed in over a dozen shows together. When Ben was a senior, a friend reached out saying there was an audition at the prestigious Playwright’s Horizons in New York City and gave him the contact information for a woman named Allison Mossey.
“Allison and I went through an email thread that lasted over 150 emails in about three weeks. We covered topics of pay, living situations in the city, when I would have to leave school for rehearsals, and conversations about acting choices for the character. I had to film scenes that felt particularly sexual and awkward, but the opportunity seemed too good to let the overt sexual nature or my inhibitions get in the way. I simply told myself that my parents wouldn’t be allowed to see the show, but I wanted the professional experience and the bright and shiny object on my resume… The specific video submissions I sent were of me taking steroids and immediately growing larger muscles and gaining physical power. The character, Jeff, talked about how much his armpits began to stink and how much he liked that.”
This back and forth continued with little sign of any roles materializing, and eventually Allison Mossey stopped responding. Ben became frustrated and called Playwright’s Horizons directly to get in contact with Allison, but was notified that no one at the company had ever heard of her. He reached out to the original friend who had given him Allison’s contact information to let him know that Allison had no affiliation with the theatre company. Ben asked how he heard about Allison Mossey; Sherry Pie had recommended he get in touch with Allison. But Ben was just one of many men that Sherry Pie manipulated into sending sexually explicit videos for roles that didn’t exist.
“When I began telling my friends about what had happened to me, one of my best friends told me that a colleague who had worked at a theatre doing Hairspray with Sherry also had the same experience with Allison Mossey. Another friend said the same thing had happened to someone she knew. Her friend was also in close contact with Sherry. Wherever Sherry seemed to go, Allison would follow. Since being open about my experience, six people have corroborated stories with me.”
Another man, Daniel Lynn Evans was offered an audition with Allison directly through Sherry Pie claiming to be the casting agent’s assistant. In a screenshot shared
by Daniel, Sherry states:
“But I think they may ask you to get bigger, but they pay for it… [Allison Mossie] casts the whole thing but I like to make suggestions.”
Daniel wasn’t interested in taking steroids for a role, but other victims were encouraged to misuse steroids in order to get the role that Sherry/Allison promised them.
Another notable example of Sherry’s predatory behavior surfaced when Josh Lillyman
came forward. In 2017, the 20 year old actor met Sherry after being cast in two productions together. It was then that Sherry groomed him and introduced him to Allison.
“As he prepared to shoot his final tape, [Sherry] offered to come over to film Lillyman. The shoot lasted three to four hours, Lillyman said, as [Sherry] continued to offer direction. According to Lillyman, [Sherry] suggested eventually he take off his shirt, flex, and even strip down to his underpants in order to get into character. “He was trying to get me to go further,” said Lillyman. “He kept saying it’s not quite right.” Then, [Sherry] suggested he go into the bathroom and masturbate in order to feel more macho. Reluctantly, Lillyman obliged. He was desperate for the part. Other actors had done more for less, he reasoned. When he emerged, [Sherry] suggested he do it again on camera. It was only the casting director who would see it, Lillyman thought. Again, he did as he was told.” Consequences
Within 24 hours of the allegations going viral online, Rupaul’s Drag Race released a statement
that Sherry Pie would be disqualified and would not appear at the grand finale that was set to be filmed this spring.
This is only the second time in Drag Race history that a contestant has been disqualified, and the previous contestant was disqualified for seeing her partner while filming. Because the allegations came out the day before Sherry’s premier episode was set to air, production was not able to edit her out and her confessionals narrated the episode. After the first few episodes she was almost entirely edited out, to the point that viewers almost forgot she was there.
Sherry released an apology on Facebook
the day she was disqualified, but hasn’t been active in the drag community online or in person since.
“This is Joey, I want to start by saying how sorry I am that I caused such trauma and pain and how horribly embarrassed and disgusted I am with myself. I know that the pain and hurt that I have caused will never go away and I know that what I did was wrong and truly cruel. Until being on RuPaul’s Drag Race, I never really understood how much my mental health and taking care of things meant. I learned on that show how important “loving yourself” is and I don’t think I have ever loved myself. I have been seeking help and receiving treatment since coming back to NYC. I truly apologize to everyone I have hurt with my actions. I also want to say how sorry I am to my sisters of season 12 and honestly the whole network and production company. All I can do is change the behavior and that starts with me and doing that work.”
In general, the community has seen the Sherry Pie situation as a wakeup call to predatory behavior within the LGBTQ+ community and sparked discussions about whether the art of drag can be separated from the performer.
Level 1 certification and the utter lack of quality control within Crossfit is shameful.
So I've got my L1. Two day course in the UK, enjoyable, didn't feel I learned a huge amount (I'd been doing CF for years by that point) and also most everything they teach you there is already available online for free. I suppose learning about how to program for boxes was interesting to me. submitted by ToleyBumShite to crossfit [link] [comments]
Anyway, 2 days (with very easy test on day 2 - no-one failed from 20+ attendees), got my certificate in the mail couple weeks later...
... I was then qualified to coach CF at an affiliate.
I've travelled all round the world for years with my work, and I always make a point of visiting CF gyms wherever I go. I've been to CF affiliates on almost every continent and in some far flung countries (I'd say I've been to over 100 foreign boxes), and I'd say in the VAST majority of gyms I go to (I'll normally be in the one place for a week, so I'll take a bunch of classes) there is a coach that I personally witness who is 100% putting people's health in danger during his/her classes. I've been to MULTIPLE classes where I've had to privately suggest a correction to a coach on his movements FFS (obviously NOT taken well), and that doesn't include the demo-ing kipping pull-ups for a coach cos they couldn't do them, or the times I've said to someone in my class, "lady, you need a lower bar; you need a heavier kettlebell; you need to use your legs on the rower" etc.
And that makes sense, right? That someone couldn't coach a class for shit after a 2 day course learning how to "do" the foundational movements (we had 5 hands that went up in our L1 that had NEVER DONE CROSSFIT BEFORE), with a nominal bit of time near the end where you "play coach" with a partner and try to correct their mistakes - a hopeless exercise where everyone had barely any idea what they were doing, and most people were too shy to criticise a stranger's technique... then it was over.
These "graduates" go out into the world, preaching the doctrine of "functional movements performed at high intensity"; guiding and encouraging and pushing their class members as they perform Diane "for time" and with 100kg on the barbell, because the guy in the class has an enormous ego, and the "coach" has barely any fucking idea what he/she is doing, nor has the confidence/experience to tell this guy to get 60kg on the bar because it's not going to work out well and he'll hurt himself.
Well the guy throws his back out BAD and the "coach" looks fucking distraught (true story from France)
..and this is ALL because gaining the qualification takes 2 days (a cynic may say it's also pretty well designed for turning over fast money), is utterly insufficient to be sending people out to watch over potentially hundreds of people as they push themselves to their limits, under a pressure of time or reps, and with heavy weights while performing hard, often dangerous (HSPU, Oly lifting, etc) exercises.
These barely trained coaches, of which there must be thousands operating in boxes all round the world right now, take classes without any chance of ever being assessed or reviewed by the body that granted the qualification. The Michelin guide sends 3 separate fucking mystery diners to EVERY restaurant in its enormous book, every year! Every year! To check the quality of bloody FOOD! They have a fraction of the - as Forbes called it years ago - '3 Billion Dollar brand' and vaults of cash that CF had/has... and they cant even send 1 fucking dude to each country to drop in on the gyms once a fucking year and make sure the coaches there aren't actively hurting clients who, let's not forget, are paying a bloody fortune compared to most other forms of sport/fitness.
I find it shameful with their billions that they hid behind the fact that they just license the methodology and "don't follow a franchise model blah blah".
CrossFit, do fucking better. Take responsibility and spend a FRACTION of the ZILLIONS you make in ensuring that the people you so hastily qualify are fit to teach the methodology which, if taught poorly, can really fuck up someone's life.
Stream Guide for Beginners - Updated for 2020!
submitted by PhazePyre to Twitch [link] [comments]
I decided to update my previous guide on beginning on Twitch. Hopefully this is helpful!
It'll cover a large variety of topics, with a lot of suggestions based on my observations and professional experience streaming for my game studio. It is for anyone who plans to use OBS (or OBS variants), Xsplit is a different beast and I am unfamiliar with it. So before we begin, buckle up, put on your helmet, and get your travel mug cause we're going for a rip!
Creating Your Channel
- Coming Up With A Name: Like any product, you want something that is catchy, simple, and memorable. Also, for those who really want to roll with it, you can have a theme! Your name is important because it really sets you up for having solid branding for your channel. Some people just make a channel, and their username is something unoriginal or unattractive "Jdawg2245" or "bigchonkyboi22" or something along those lines. You are trying to diversify yourself in this highly competitive market, so give thought to your channel name because it sets the stage for a lot of future decisions. Think up something that rolls off the tongue and is easy for someone to remember if recommend. For example "JackDavies" or "PapaSmurf". Those are easy to remember and don't require memorizing what numbers or symbols were in there.
- Catch Phrases: It may sound silly, but catch phrases are pretty common for content creators. They create branding, and they create a sense of familiarity for fans/viewers to recognize a channel. CohhCarnage for example has his "Good Show!!" when he receives a sub, or for Ezekiel_III, he not only has a whole spiel, he also has a thing he does that is a unique fist bump for when he gets a new sub. When I sign off, I say "Catch ya on the flipside". It feels good to say and is distinctly me. Catch phrases aren't required, but it can build a sense of consistency and fun.
- Schedule: Before you stream, know when you plan to stream. This is important in order to provide a concrete, cut and dry, timeline of when you'll be online. This is important for viewer retention. Stream consistently for generating regular viewers as they can't come to watch, if there's nothing to watch! On the flip side, don't stream too much, or you'll burn yourself out, or have no new content. Keep it healthy, and keep it consistent. There are exceptions to this like Bikeman. He didn't have a schedule, he streamed when he streamed, and people would show up. That's an exception, not the norm.
Hardware This is the most discussed part of streaming, each persons setup is unique, and it's difficult to say there is a perfect setup. What I'm going to do instead is explain to you the necessity of each component, and how it's critical to the stream and your viewers experience.
- CPU: The CPU (or Processor) is one of the most important aspects regarding the technical side of streaming. If you are using a 1 PC streaming setup, not only is it running the game, it is encoding your content as it broadcasts to Twitch (if using CPU b. What is Encoding? Encoding is the process of converting the media content that you are uploading (In this case audio-visual content) and converting it into a standard that Twitch will receive. Encoding is CPU intensive (uses a lot of CPU power) and this means you need a fairly decent CPU. I recommend some of the higher end CPUs in order to give yourself both sufficient processing power, and also some longevity. Buying an introductory processor will only mean you get a short time frame of which to utilize it. Higher end AMD/Intel processors will allow you to get the most for your money because even though it's $100 more, it may last another 2 years until needing to upgrade.
- GPU: Your GPU (or video card) is essential in running the games that you are playing. The two major players are AMD and nVidia. The better your GPU, the better your graphics will be, and the higher quality your stream will be because of how the game looks. Unless you're using the nVidia nvenc encoder, the GPU isn't super critical on the stream technical side of things, mainly just on the game side. If you are using NVENC, then your CPU doesn't have as much of a load which means more balanced. If you are playing via capture card and on a console, this will mean you can use either without concerns on how it impacts your
- RAM: Your RAM (or memory) is all about "short term memory", and the ABSOLUTE minimum I would recommend is 8GB, but I realistically, I recommend 16GB or more as Open World games and Battle Royale games are utilizing more RAM since they are temporarily storing data from servers in your RAM client side in order to display it on your machine as well as all of the visual assets you see. RAM significantly helps with multitasking as you start to run a few applications at the same time while you stream to help boost the quality of it.
- HDD/SSD: Your HDD (Hard Drive Disk) or SSD (Solid State Drive) are all about storage. SSD's are great for storing all your main programs and OS on, and running from there, and using a HDD for storing data is handy. HDD utilize mechanical components in order to run, therefore increasing the odds of fairly, so if your data is important to you, have a backup that is typically a bit larger than your current hard drive, in order to make sure ALL your content is backed up. SSD's use flash memory (the same as Thumb Drives, and this allows them to be faster, and more reliable, as the odds of mechanical failure are slim to none. If you are looking to edit your content on your computer, make sure to have a decent sized HDD so that you can record your stream as you stream it!
- Monitors: Monitors become your best friend as your stream grows. I currently use 2 monitors, although in the past I used to use three. I know right? I was insane! This allowed me to have the center monitor act as my main action monitor (the game I'm playing), my left monitor is my OBS screen so I can check my frames, uptime, and see any alerts that are broadcast (more on this later ;]), finally my right monitor was for my third party bot/chat which I now use Stream Elements for in OBS).
- Webcam: If you are deciding to use a webcam (some people stream without one, but it can help), it's worth getting a decent one right off the bat. A nice logitech webcam is around $100, but should last you for a couple years! The models I'd recommend are the Logitech C920/922 or the Logitech Brio (a 4k webcam). There are cheaper webcam, but you will notice changes in quality. I highly recommend at least something with 1080p and 30fps. A lot of the differences will be FoV (how wide of a shot it takes).
- Microphone: This is a more difficult decision. Each person has a different way they want to broadcast their audio to their viewers. Many just use a headset, and eventually upgrade to something else once they've established themselves. Others will use something with more umph right from the get go like a Razer Seiren, or a Blue Micophones - Yeti Mic. And even higher end people will use a digital audio input, a high end studio XLR microphone, and a scissor stand, to record professional quality sound, with more options for effects and the like. As a note, audio quality is a big deal. No one wants to listen to a rough sounding mic that sounds like it was bought for 10 bucks at the dollar store, so this is a good place to focus.
- Network: It is important that you have ~5mbps upload speed. This will allow you to upload at the recommended encoding bitrate of 2000kbps or higher. If you are playing an online game, while streaming, it's helpful to have a bit more speed to run. In a perfect world, a higher upload speeds means better quality for your stream if you can afford to increase the bit rate.
- Capture Card: for those of you who want to stream console games, a capture card is important. There are a variety of capture cards for old connections and for HDMI. You also have the option of internal or external capture devices. This will reduce the load on your PC as the processor or graphics card is being used just for encoding as the game is being played on the console. Search for the right capture card for you, and see how it goes! Elgato is a great brand for capture cards, as is AverMedia.
- Peripheral: This includes mice, keyboard, etc. This doesn't have a major impact on the stream, just get what you like and makes game-play more comfortable for you!
Setting Up OBS
- First, download OBS, this is the application that this guide is based off of, and while allow you to broad cast your stream to your twitch channel. There are some alternative OBS versions such as Streamlabs OBS, StreamElements has an addon for OBS, and Twitch has their BETA software, Twitch Studio.
- Second, follow the instructions to install OBS on your computer.
- Third, go to your Twitch Dashboard, go to Stream Key, and show your stream key. This is important for OBS to broadcast to your Twitch channel. Go to your OBS Settings-Broadcast Settings and input your stream key into the Play Path/Stream Key section, when you've set Mode to Live Stream, and Streaming Service to Twitch.
- Fourth, set your encoding bitrate. The golden rule for a non-partnered streamer is around 2000kbps for your Bitrate, but you can go higher, although without transcoding, you run the risk of some viewers having buffering issues. There are two encoding types, x264 (CPU Intensive) and NVENC (GPU intensive). Try testing both to see if you have any bottlenecks. I recently have switched to NVENC since I have been playing switch games, which means my GPU has more wiggle room and it's a bit higher end than my CPU.
- Fifth, set your video settings. The golden rule is 1280x720 (720P) with an FPS of 30. As your stream grows, you'll more likely get transcoding when capacity is available. If you are an affiliate, you will get priority access to transcoding for your viewers (the ability to set the resolution lower) as capacity is available, and as a partner, you will always have it.
- Sixth, set your Audio settings to how you like them (desktop audio device and what you want your default microphone to be). I personally have a higher quality, stereo microphone, so I force my Microphone to Mono.
- Seventh, start creating your scenes. There are two different squares you'll see. Scenes and Sources. Scenes are the unique scenes for say "Stream Starting", "Main Overlay", "BRB", "Stream Ending". Sources are the things that are added together to make a scene. This includes images for overlays, graphics, Browser Sources for alerts/notifications, Text, Webcam, etc. Scenes are very specific to each person, but I recommend checking other streams to see what is aesthetically pleasing to you. From there, you can either make them yourself, commission them, or you can use third party sources for scenes. As mentioned elsewhere, there are groups like Nerd or Die and Own3d.tv that sell overlays. Nerd or Die does have some pay what you want.
- Eighth, do a test stream. This is important for you to gauge if your quality settings are at the right place for you, and allows you to fine tune them.
- Logo: Your logo is your face. Find something professional, but at the same time catches the eye and helps draw a theme for you! You can check out certain sites like Fiverr to get a cheap starter logo without breaking the bank.
- Overlays: Whether you buy them online, have someone make them, or make them yourself, overlays help enhance your stream scene. Keep it simple, while still adding flair. Recently I removed some stuff from mine so there was more game space for what I am playing, while still displaying the same information for viewers regarding latest follower, donation, etc. There's a lot of Overlay sites such as Nerd or Die, Own3d.tv, and fiverr to get custom overlays. Find what works best for you.
- Information Panels: On your channel, you have information panels at the bottom. Use them to your advantage. I highly recommend having a schedule panel, links to your various social media, etc. Creating your own panels, that match your general theme, are worth it to create that Branding we are aiming for. You are the product, you don't want crappy packaging.
- Social Media: Try and match all your social media to your channel name. This breeds familiarity with all the folks you are networking with. They will recognize the name across all different social media platforms. Reddit, Twitch, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, etc. I use PhazePyre for everything.
Streaming! The Good Part! This is going to be general tips to help you on your path to becoming a great entertainer. There's ALWAYS room for improvement, even the best streamers and entertainers have room for improvement
- Don't be quiet: Talk to your viewers, whether it's 0 or 100. Talk to yourself, talk about what your doing, talk about the song, it's awkward at first but as you do it more often, you'll get used to it. Not only will this provide content and dialogue, it'll help you workout your vocal cords so that you can talk for extended periods. The big thing is you don't want to come across as boring. One way to help with this is to add very light background music to the stream. It helps fill the silence a bit in quieter games.
- Minimize off screen time: Try and minimize the amount of AFK time that you have. If you are younger, let your parents know you are streaming. Explain to them what you're doing, and hopefully they understand. Let them know how long you'll usually stream for, and if they absolutely need something, to let you know before hand, or via a text message. Nothing is worse than Mom busting in telling you to take your underwear out of the bathroom.
- Don't play oversaturated games: Try to avoid what I call the "Top 4", LoL, Dota2, CS:GO, Hearthstone, unless you are REALLY good at those games. They are competitive games, and you are competing with professionals of those games and giant tournaments. This is tough though, as it can be tricky to be found. You'll have viewers coming in and out of your stream, and depending on how you're packaged yourself, they may opt to chat and become a follower. Additionally, there's no perfect game to play. Find something that you know you can play regularly and it'll help you build
- Don't call out lurkers: Don't even get your bots to do it. It's tacky, and WILL make most people leave. Some people just want to sit back and see how you are. Lurkers are especially great as they'll help build your viewer count so you can break above the 90% of streams that are under 5-10 viewers.
- Don't ask for donations: i don't think I need to really explain why.
- Be Confident!: People like seeing someone who's comfortable, confident, and knows what they are doing, or, if you don't, "Fake it 'til you make it!"
- Network, Network, Network: The best way to network imo, is to support other streamers, and organically support their endeavours. What do I mean by "organic"? I mean don't force it. Find streamers you actually like and enjoy, who are around your size, and show your support because you care about THEIR stream, not just yours. It's tough though as you don't want to come across as only wanting to interact for their viewership.
- Create Channel Competitions: These can breed fan loyalty and help turn people from lurkers to regulars and super engaged community members! Don't worry if you can't afford it though.
Bots (The Good Kind) I'm only gonna list the major three free bots
- Nightbot: A free, web based bot, that provides moderation capabilities, song requests, and custom commands.
- MooBot: Similar to NightBot in that it is cloud based. Includes song requests and more.
- Streamlabs' Cloud Bot: If you are using StreamLabs OBS, this will be optional to enable while using it. Definitely worth it so all of your settings are in one client. Offers many options like moderation, commands, timers, giveaways, and more.
Security Doxxing, Swatting, etc, are all bad things that trolls will do to cause trouble. These are some ways to reduce the risk of having your personal information leaked, and to help keep you safe. You may not be worried, which is fine, but I know many people are concerned about their identity and safety, and these are a few tips to help
- Create a separate email, that doesn't include your name anywhere. This will create a divide between you and your online persona. Batman doesn't go around telling everyone he's [REDACTED] does he?
- If creating a PayPal, upgrade to a business account, and make sure all your information is kept private. Your address may be displayed when you purchase things, but this will protect you when users pay you money and it displays your information. I recommend using the Name of "YOUR CHANNEL NAME's Twitch Channel".
- DON'T USE SKYPE WITH VIEWERS, heck unless you 100% trust random viewers, don't even use TeamSpeak. Discord is is a new app that secures your ip to prevents users from obtaining your ip address and causing problems.
- Don't give too many details out about your location, and if you invite friends/family (I recommend not doing that so that you create an independent identity) make sure they don't address you by your name. Get a PO Box if you'd like to send things to viewers without worrying about them get your personal details.
- Ensure your Steam Profile is changed to your new channel specific email. If you send a game to someone for a giveaway, it will show your personal email unless you change it.
How to grow your channel
- Make content on other platforms outside of Twitch. YouTube, TikTok, and other forms of content based social media are great ways to passively grow your audience. Find out your specialty and put that out there. YouTube content should try and be unique compared to what you do on stream in order
- Build a community. Get to know the people coming to your streams. If you value them, they will value you and feel wanted in your community. As a smaller streamer this is your strongest tool. I highly recommend making a discord and inviting people to join it. If you integrate Mee6 as your Discord bot, it will notify people when you go live if you'd like, and that can help build retention and viewership.
- Roll with the punches. You make get trolls, the best way to deal with them is don't take the bait. Although not super valuable, I've had some trolls follow because of how I rolled with their attempts to troll me. I never saw them again, but the less serious to take them, the better a time you'll have.
DO NOT DO THESE
- Don't do Follow for Follow. Followers doesn't mean much. You want a high conversion rate, and these bloat your followers and don't typically result in extra views. The goal is to have as many followers be viewers as possible, a 1:1 ratio. That person following you isn't likely to watch your stream. What do I mean by have as close to a 1:1 ratio as possible? You want to try and have every follow be a viewer. Is it realistic that if you have 25k followers, that you'll have 25k viewers? No, it's not. but what's realistic is to focus on converting every follower into a repeat viewer. Tools like Discord can help bring them into your fold. Some people will follow and only come back infrequently, but over time, you can work to have them become a regular. But if you do Follow 4 Follow, you'll have a bunch of followers who just want you to watch them, and aren't likely to be a regular viewer.
- Don't pay for viewers (view bots). It's bad, Twitch will find out, and you'll be hooped.
- SupportSmallStreamers, FollowForFollow, and other "growth" hashtags really aren't that great. Everyone is out for themselves. Rather, find like minded streamers and become friends with them. When you care about others, they'll care about you.
- Be wary of Affiliate programs (outside of Twitch) as they aren't super beneficial for anyone. Focus on growth to build your influence and viewership, from there revenue will naturally come and you can prepare via agents/agencies, and the like. For now, dedicate your time to building a community. Rather than affiliate programs, use things like Amazon Blacksmith and personally recommend what you want and get some kick back.
- Some small streamef4f groups can cause problems for you long term. Studios and companies will blacklist people that aren't focused on quality content creation, and instead are looking for instant fame. Usually it means the quality of your content isn't great, and your influence is not equal to your numbers.
All in all, streaming is a fun time. It's worth getting into especially if you're charismatic and love to entertain. Charisma is hard to develop for some people, and you may not succeed, that's the reality of things. Do what you can and don't burn yourself out. Additionally, find what makes you stand out in the crowd. Twitch continues to grow for streamers, so you need to stand out in a good way. A solid way to grow is by creating content on other platforms and pushing people to Twitch. Twitch doesn't have great passive growth opportunities, but other platforms do. Funnel those followers to Twitch and you'll see better growth.
This guide isn't all inclusive and covers everything. There is SO MUCH to cover, but this is a beginners guide and enough to give you some tips, hot takes, and instructions to start your journey on Twitch. I have made a previous post about 4 years ago that won some awards, and this is just updated a bit to make it more relevant to 2020 as I still see people reading my post and sending me emails. So here's something freshened up.
Feel free to pm me, or leave a comment with any additional content you'd like added to this guide, or feel free to comment if you have additional questions and I'll add to the guide! You can DM if you have any questions regarding streaming or any additional inquiries specific to you and not in general! If you were paying attention to my guide, you should be able to find me on social pretty easy as well ;)
Good luck streamers, and have fun!
Ad Revenue/Content Site Case Study Mth#6
submitted by PhilReddit7 to juststart [link] [comments]
Month 6 is in the bag. Starting to ride that passive income wave and improve the overall ROI on my site now - a lot can happen in 6 months!
You can see previous updates here if you want (but it's rinse and repeat each month, I just publish content): Month 4 Month 5
For those seeing this for the first time; this site is basically an exercise in targeting low comp keywords, ranking content, and monetizing with ads.
If you want to see all the traffic and earnings screenshots for this month - you can check out this post on my blog
Here are the stats to date:
|Mth ||# articles ||# pageviews ||Ezoic $ ||AdSense $ ||Amazon $ ||Total $ |
|Jan ||31 ||109 ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
|Feb ||70 ||677 ||0 ||0 ||0 ||0 |
|Mar ||86 ||6,533 ||0 ||0 ||11.49 ||11.49 |
|Apr ||33 ||30,001 ||190.84 ||18.89 ||64.82 ||274.55 |
|May ||35 ||48,275 ||474.67 ||46.83 ||94.60 ||616.10 |
|June ||22 ||42,748 ||454.75 ||60.41 ||62.52 ||577.68 |
|Totals ||277 ||128,343 ||1,120.26 ||126.14 ||233.43 ||1,479.83 |
Total expenses to date are <$100 for hosting and Ezoic Premium.
What I did this month:
- I added 22 posts taking about 25 hours in total.
- I realised a site I’ve been sending traffic to has an affiliate program and applied. They don’t advertise their program anywhere, I crawled their sitemap and it's not listed. I only noticed because a competitor was linking to them with an affiliate ID, so a nice spot.
- I added some Amazon affiliate links to some of the posts I published. I mentioned previously, I’m going to try and target some keywords with a little commercial focus. None of the “best” or “X v Y” stuff, more so things like “How can I stop X from happening?” and the answer is a product.
Why traffic and earnings were down a little:
This is mostly just due to variance. I didn’t do much work on the site, so I don’t expect to see much improvement. Simple as that.
I wish the 6-month sandbox was a thing and a magic curtain was about to be lifted to allow loads of traffic to flow through, but I just don’t see it happening. It’s never happened on any of my sites due to the types of keywords I go for.
My sites always start to plateau around months 4 & 5 and tail off a bit because my posts index so high to start with.
Maybe I need to switch up the type of content I’m producing, I’ll do some research into this - or take into account any help you guys can offer.
A note about expenses for new bloggers:
I’m not looking to start any controversy or bash any tools, there are some great paid tools out there.
I just want to say something to try and help some of the new (or some of the experienced) bloggers.
My only expense is hosting (and Ezoic Premium but that comes back to me). It’s possible to build sites and make money without paying for any tools.
If you follow internet marketers, they are great at convincing you that you need some paid tools (the ones that pay them the most commissions) and I know for a fact some new bloggers get sucked in.
I just wanted to say that it’s not necessary in most cases. My approach is content monetized with ads, but I also know u/VladtheMystic
said he’s building an affiliate site without paid tools. So, whatever your style of site, you can bootstrap it when you’re starting out.
I actually have access to ahrefs and SEMRush though clients I work for, but choose not to use them for my own sites.
So, it’s not a case of me knowing the value of tools; I have to use them on clients’ requests.
If you’re paying for any tools just ask yourself what value you’re getting from them, that’s all I’m saying.
If it’s paying you back in value, awesome.
If it’s not, and this helps one person cancel that $99/mo subscription, my work is done. Just think, that’s $1,200/yr, you can take a vacation. :)
Anyway, thanks for dropping by, I hope my approach to low-comp keywords also helps some of you drive more traffic to your sites.
Any questions, feel free to fire away.
My Journey to Purchasing and Flipping a Sports Affiliate Site - Update #3 (May 2020) - Quick Update + My Tips For Improved Rankings!
submitted by passiveniches to juststart [link] [comments]
Hey Guys, I'm back for my 3rd update to my case study of purchasing an existing sports affiliate site and with the intent to flip it for $30k by the 12 months mark. Last Updates:
1st Update: https://www.reddit.com/juststart/comments/gj2cvq/my_journey_to_purchasing_and_flipping_a_sports/
2nd Update: https://www.reddit.com/juststart/comments/gjrq2s/my_journey_to_purchasing_and_flipping_a_sports/
This will be a quick update due to the current nature of the niche which I'll explain below.
The industry that this site is in has been heavily by the Covid-19 outbreak which the Google Trends really shows: https://imgur.com/a/die4aeE
Although this was something that no one could have predicted, it definitely was poor timing to purchase this site haha. The entire industry is hurting and I've had trouble with products not being stocked on Amazon and brands running out of funding on ShareASale/removing themselves from affiliate programs entirely.
That being said, to make up for this lack of a positive update I'm going to share some of my tips that have been working recently for me below!
Expenses For May 2020: Content:
$0 Link Building:
$95 for one ~65 DA link insertion.
Revenue For May 2020: Amazon
: $7.74 ShareASale:
$9.81 Total Revenue:
Profit: Profit For May 2020:
-$77.45 Total Profit of the Project:
What Was Done In May 2020:
Again, not too much. I purchased that one guest post to my main money page, which has improved to 6th which I'm pretty happy about (although traffic isn't necessarily reflecting that due to the current situation). As I mentioned above, a lot of my recommended products have been out of stock or I've even had entire companies remove themselves from ShareASale. Traffic:
Traffic was down slightly in May 2020, but as of June 23rd I'm seeing what will end up being around a ~10%-20% improvement. Below is an image of traffic since February where can you really see the impact of Covid (I've tracked keywords throughout this period and there have been no noticeable drops so this is pretty heavy on Covid). https://imgur.com/JagDbDf
Steps Moving Forward:
I'll be honest, this site has been low on my priority list because of how negatively impacted it's been. I've recently started a new site in a different niche which has 10x the potential of this site so that's where my focus has been. That being said, I'll be keeping an eye on this site and still providing updates.
Below I'll be sharing a few of my tips that have been working on some of my other sites:
Tip 1: Improving Content With SurferSEO:
I'm in no way affiliated with Surfer, but I've been using them for the past six months - year and I've really seen some good movement. https://imgur.com/goc2JiI https://imgur.com/Xi2tXnM https://imgur.com/MPq7EGQ
(4 month old site)
I've been consistently able to see improvements like this with keywords on a handful of my sites. If you're expecting to go from 20th to #1 then Surfer isn't going to do that, but for top of page 2 to bottom of page 1 improvements are definitely do-able.
That being said, before you go all-in make sure you read up more in-depth on Surfer and how to set it up properly. You want to make sure you're omitting the right competitors from the analysis (like Amazon or e-commerce sites) so that you get an accurate analysis.
Tip 2: How to Get Cheap Guest Posts That Work:
Backlinks seem to be a common pain point for a lot of people, so here is what has been working for me, note you'll need Ahrefs for this or a tool that does similar functions.
- Identify your top 3-5 competitors for one of your primary keywords.
- Plug these competitors into Ahrefs and begin identifying do-follow these competitors have. But pay special attention to do-follow guest post backlinks that they have pointed directly to their money pages. Money page/review pages are often difficult to get natural links to, so when you see a competitor with high-quality links directly to their money pages, it's often a good indicator that these domains are willing to sell link insertions or guest posts to your money page. Example below:
- https://imgur.com/nlNgtQE (Not my site and I didn't look too deeply at these backlinks but just an example.) As you can see this site has these backlinks directly to its money page, which is a good indicator that these domains would also link to your money pages.
- Look at these domains and look for a contact or advertise email/contact form. Send them an email directly saying you're interested in purchasing a link insertion or guest post and give them an example of a page from their site you'd want a backlink on (for a link insertion). Wait for them to respond with a price and see if it's worth it from there. I've found that the conversion rate for this method is much much higher and generally just a much better use of your time.
- Note: You'll still have to do your due diligence to see if these are high-quality sites that you'd want a backlink from. Don't just go paying for links on any site that'll let you.
Tip 3: Look At Different Affiliate Programs Other Than Amazon!
Amazon does not have your best interest at heart as an affiliate. I know it's easy and I know they sell pretty much any physical product ever, but it's time to leave the pasture.
An example of another site I have in a sports niche: Previous Amazon Affiliate Commission:
The average customer bought between 1-5 of the products I was recommending which are about $15-$20 per item. This means the average cart was ~$50 which meant I earned $1.50
per order (50 x 3%).
So I went looking for additional affiliate programs and found an affiliate that specialized in the products I was recommending. New Affiliate Structure:
25% of the profit this company made. Revenue from a $50 order: $5.25 -
They average around 40% profit from orders (changes based on the product since they manufacture some of their own products and source others) but I get 25% of that. That being said, I've been averaging around a 10% revenue commission with them for the past 3 months. I also get additional perks like the company sending me $500+ worth in products for me to test/take pictures of and use(This is a plus since I'm interested in this sport), provide me with special coupon codes, ect.
This easy switch resulted in a 3x+ in revenue and this company has a better reputation in this niche and provides better service than Amazon.
I hope you guys enjoyed this update, please let me know if you have any questions or have anything you'd like to know more about.
Official SOAP Thread 2020
submitted by Chilleostomy to medicalschool [link] [comments]
Ok, today is the day. This thread is for those M4s who will be SOAPing this week- ask for help, advice, commiseration, or anything else you need right here. PGY1s + up who have gone through the SOAP or anyone else who has advice/guidance, please chime in! Are you SOAPing? First move: go to your Dean's office. Then check this thread.
This post is ONLY for comments relevant to going through the SOAP. If you see a comment that shouldn't be here, PLEASE report it and we'll take care of it right away. Looking for the Match Week Lounge? Here you go.
Here's the Hub for Match Week
with various links.
This post has the "Special Edition" flair which means that you can comment. using a throwaway. Pertinent literature: I SOAPed, And You Can Too!
from u/schmiegola_mcbain SOAP Reflections from 2019
from u/KiwiBanana_ Because people are asking about SOAP prep, I wrote this
from u/tapatiocosteno 2019 SOAP Megathread Check the official ERAS and NRMP twitters for announcements/updates- last year's shenanigans were often communicated thru twitter https://twitter.com/ERASinfo https://twitter.com/TheNRMP
Users who have SOAPed in the past and are available to PM or ping in the comments-
We sent out the bat-signal for users who have successfully SOAPed in the past, and here's a list of redditors who are around if you need specific advice. (As always I am so touched that so many members of our community are willing to help) u/schmiegola_mcbain
Current PGY-1, SOAPed in the 2nd round last year, author of This Excellent SOAP Post u/KiwiBanana_
Current gen surg PGY-1. Applied OB GYN, SOAPed into gen surg, author of This Excellent SOAP experience post u/velomatic
Private practice FM MD having SOAP'd into a prelim gen surgery year in 2015 after not matching EM, then re-applied FM and had an excellent residency experience. u/Dyinginside2k19
Current PM&R PGY-1, Applied PM&R, matched into a prelim year, SOAPed into advanced PM&R spot u/ATStillsbeard
PM&R PGY-1, matched to advanced PM&R position, SOAPed into a prelim u/jettymd
PGY-4 Failed to match, failed to SOAP, did research, accepted into IM program, now in fellowship! (killing it!!!) u/were_all_reggie_now
Current anesthesia PGY1. Initially applied gas, SOAPed into gen surg, matched anesthesia last year, had red flags on app & happy to give advice about those u/arorah13
IM PGY-1, US IMG, applied OBGYN, SOAPed last year into IM u/sweg7
PGY-1, SOAPed last year u/Broken_castor
gen surg PGY-5, originally dual applied to gen surg and ortho (initially into ortho but realized late they wanted gen surg- penalized heavily for dual applying), SOAPed into gen surg u/CulturalSafety89
Canadian Caribbean student who went unmatched, now PGY-1. Took time off to work in research and take Step 3 before ERAS re-opened. u/Death_and_More_Taxes
IM PGY2, applied EM, SOAPed into university-affiliated IM. Incoming chief resident, involved in their program’s SOAP process currently u/Princess_Unikitty
Peds PGY-2, applied psych, SOAPed into peds u/Mymatchthrowaway
PGY-1, initially applied PM&R, SOAPed into a TY, reapplied Rads and PM&R this year u/synaptic_misfires
Current PGY1. Matched Radiology but no Prelim in 2019, SOAPed into a transitional year u/cingenemoon
Applied gen surg, SOAPed into EM. EM program then shut down and had to find a new one. (Working a 12hr shift on Monday, may be slow to respond) u/sherebelle514
PGY2, SOAPed into OBGYN u/chuckEchedda
PM&R PGY2, matched advanced but no prelim, SOAPed into prelim TY u/futuremd2017
PGY3, applied to orthopedics and soaped into an IDR spot and prelim spot u/tapatiocosteno
author of Because people are asking about SOAP prep, I wrote this
(may be busy in clinic and not answer right away) u/mehoymenoy1
PGY-1, applied gen surg, SOAPed into surg prelim, matched gas this year u/SirRagesAlot
current PGY-1, SOAPed last year u/skyisblue3
DO PGY-1, SOAPed last year u/meshyme
US grad, applied surgery, SOAPed into IM. In the Tampa area if anyone needs coffee. u/joehino
unsuccessful in SOAP last year, matched FM this year. In the Philly area if anyone needs coffee. u/SirRagesAlot
SOAPed from Psych to IM last year. u/Gen3ricDO
Ortho PGY-1, didn't match ortho last year, SOAPed into a TY, matched ortho this year u/AwkwardStarfish1
non-US IMG, applied peds, SOAPed u/DependentStudio4
pgy2, soaped into fm after leaving ob gyn and having a few red flags on application, happy to answer questions! u/Moar_Input
applied ortho last year, didn't match, SOAPed Need your personal statement reviewed? Here's our (growing) list of volunteers- (ping me in the comments if you'd like to be added to the list) u/Valiantlycaustic
English grad available to edit personal statements u/unchangingtask
M4 available to help with PS, program research especially for programs in the Midwest. "Or just delivering coffee in the DC metro area if I am still allowed to do that" (THANK YOU I freakin love this community) u/duodenojejunostomy
Current IM PGY-1, didn't SOAP but available to review personal statements u/truflc
M4 available to read PS or just listen u/lily1287
available to read PS or chat for support u/123123sleep
available to read PS or help with remote organization u/Spriteling
M4 available to read PS u/aglaeasfather
PGY-1 available to read PS (working Monday afternoon) u/RamanKuttyMDPhD
Intern available to read PS, can also give advice to anyone asking about Milwaukee/Wisconsin/Midwest. u/HappyHiker1
M4 available to read PS- has experience with editing papers/PS in the past u/usernamegameweak
M4 available to read PS, psych focus u/mokomann
canadian student available to read PS u/absie107
M4 available to help reading PS, looking up programs etc u/no1fanoffingering
available to read PS u/weliketohave_funhere
available to help w PS, research programs, DO/IMG focus u/justjoshin93
M4 available to read PS, research programs u/mglasses5
SO of an M4, available to read PS, lots of experience w editing PS u/ExtraIkeaParts
MS4 matched Peds, available for PSs, emotional support u/Bone-Wizard
M4 matched into OBGYN, available for PS review u/lilchikinnugget
M4 with experience in editing, available to help w personal statements, program searching, and delivery of coffee and hugs in the upstate SC region (Spartanburg, Greenville, Simpsonville, travelers rest, etc). u/cotard_retard
available for psych PS u/proteinjellyroll
M4 going into IM, available for PS in any specialty all this week u/chowderandwaffle
M4 available to help with researching programs in California or lend an extra hand for whatever in the SoCal region (coffee/food/person to talk to)! Has 2 golden retrievers if you need 2 hyper dogs jump on you and love you! u/ouzieq123
MS3 taking research year available for PS etc u/hemolyticanemia2020
M4 who loves editing, available for PS u/First_fig
M4 with lots of editing experience, available for PS, matched IM/OBGYN u/Appropriate-Document
available for PS editing u/_shakespeer
M4 married to an editor available for editing u/medhead3533
M4 into psych, available for PS u/RurouniKarly
available to help with psych and FM PS u/prettyhumerus
MS4 matched EM, English minor in college. Also offering emotional support and coffee delivery to anyone in DFW area. u/Crazy-Revenue
MS4 available for PS review and venting Friendos who haven’t SOAPed personally but kindly volunteered for help with personal statements, program research, etc (aw my heart) u/choc0chipbananabread
Current M1 happy to help with program research etc for SOAP if you need a little extra manpower (so sweet of them to volunteer!!!) u/penndotsucks
Significant other of someone who SOAPed last year, here for support – if you’re a SO of someone SOAPing
, consider reaching out! u/laska97
Spouse of FM resident who matched GS and then SOAPed to FM the next year. Available for support and research u/ergle1bergle
unmatched in EM last year, matched this year u/falxcerebri
unmatched in FM last year, didn't SOAP, matched this year here for support u/bber54
didn't match psych last year, matched this year u/lemonz333
didn't match last year, unmatched in SOAP, delayed graduation, matched psych this year u/mglasses5
SO of an M4, available for venting u/starri42
available for venting, DM them u/Doctor___Strange
M4 matched IM, available for IM/FM SOAPing on Monday u/MrRentgen
PGY-1 in Rads doing a TY, available for help u/thelittlemoumou
OMS4 available to help on Monday for neuro, research etc u/O3DIPAMAAS
M4 available in Arizona area u/jadedquestionmark
M4 available for venting, researching, in the Midwest u/magikcity07
M4 available for moral support, PS, research etc. PM&R & IM u/just4urpayissuesbro
M4 into IM, PS and pep talks u/Glass-Luck
non-carib IMG 2014 grad, matched second time around after dual applying, here for help especially with IMGs u/123123mail
US-IMG available for PS review or support u/MadRealWorldTyree
M4 available to help out u/spidey1290
OMS4 available for research, pep talks, venting
THANK YOU to everyone offering to be on this list- you guys are amazing
(Did you SOAP last year? Want to be available for advice? PM me to be added to this list)
We love you all and are sending good vibes- please don't hesitate to page me in the comments, PM me, or message modmail if you have other specific requests about how we can best help you
Lots of hugs,
the Mod Squad
Applying to ART College: A Megathread
submitted by batsbatsrats to ApplyingToCollege [link] [comments]
Hi! After using this sub for much of my junior & senior year (on a separate account), I've noticed there’s fairly little information on applying to art college. As such, I thought I'd compile all my knowledge and research about applying to art school as someone that used to obsess over the A2C process for both normal and art schools.
This ended up MASSIVE as I tried to stuff everything I could think of related to applying to art school in here. Hope it helps some of y’all out there :-)
Introduction Having applied and researched applying to both art and normal schools, I feel that applying to art school is much more straight forward. There are so fewer moving factors and it's definitely much less of a crapshoot than applying to T20s and Ivies. If your art is good enough and you know what they're looking for, I think getting into even the top art schools is very doable and a lot less scary than one might initially think.
For some context, I'm currently an incoming freshman at the Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) and was accepted with highest merit scholarship to all art schools I applied to, including RISD, Parsons, Pratt, and SVA. I was a 2019 and 2020 YoungArts winner in Visual Arts, a 2020 Scholastic National Gold Medalist, and a 2017 Congressional Competition where my art was hung in the U.S. Capitol for a year.
While part of it was hard work, another part of it was also figuring out how to navigate the process and choosing where to apply my effort. Figuring out what AOs want is super important if you want to maximize your chances at success.
Applying to art college is ultimately a game that anyone with a drive to create art can learn how to play, no matter how much art experience you have. And if you know how to play, it becomes a lot easier to succeed!
The Portfolio The portfolio is no doubt the MOST important part of your application. This is a selection of your artwork that AOs will look at to determine if you're qualified enough to be admitted. Grades and ECs often matter little to none depending on the school, so if you're set on art school, make sure to focus on creating the best portfolio you can.
Depending on the school, they may ask for anywhere from 10-22 pieces. Each school has different quantitative requirements; make sure you check their website and/or Slideroom portal (where you'll upload your portfolio) for details.
Important note: Please keep in mind that my portfolio was mainly 2D fine arts with a little bit of Graphic Design from my time at RISD Precollege, which I attended in the summer before 12th grade (2019). As such, most of the research I did was about fine arts portfolios and I don't know if the information here is as applicable to portfolios with or centered on photo, video, animation, etc. It's also most specific to RISD & other top art schools in the U.S. (but we're all overachievers here anyway lol).
Major-specific vs Non-major-specific portfolios Some schools want portfolios that are specific to the major you apply to (though this is relatively rare) or portfolios that are "focused" on (rather than only on) a specific major (this is a little more common). They may not even mention it explicitly on their website, so make sure you clarify what the school wants.
The advice & info I'll give is about non-major-specific portfolios (which schools like RISD (especially), Pratt, Parsons, SVA, SAIC, MICA, etc. want/accept), so keep that in mind!
What to include in a portfolio? (For art schools) While this honestly varies from school to school, I know that top art schools not only want to see technical skill, but conceptual thinking and experimentation as well. I think a current RISD student that gave a portfolio lecture at RISD precollege put it really well—RISD (and many other top art schools) look for things that they admit they can't teach you, like a POTENTIAL to grow, a drive to experiment and explore, a proclivity for a type of thought-process that they think makes great artists. Realism and technical drawing skill are all things that anyone can learn with enough practice (and at many art schools like RISD, Pratt, and Parsons, you WILL be practicing through foundation year studies).
That being said, schools still want to see that you have adequate technical skills to build upon. You want a mix between technically-strong pieces and conceptually-strong pieces, i.e. pieces that show off your rendering abilities and pieces that show off your ability to put ideas and thought behind your pieces. Of course, these two categories can heavily overlap (and it's probably better if they do!), but if they don't, make sure you have BOTH in your portfolio.
Technically-strong pieces Technically-strong pieces are pieces that demonstrate your mastery over your medium. Many this means super-detailed colored pencil still lives, well-crafted and purposeful sculptures, intricate landscapes, accurately rendered buildings, etc. In addition to making things detailed, technical skill also includes a strong grasp of color, light, composition, form, space, etc.
Tip: Composition especially is something many art school applicants don't pay much attention to (according to some AOs I've talked to), so make sure you're not putting everything right in the center of your page/canvas/etc. Also, play with cropping and having parts of the subject & objects go off the page rather than containing the entirety of the subject/object within the bounds of your page.
Conceptually-strong pieces Having a portfolio of impeccably rendered but purely technical pieces may get you into some schools, but top art schools will still turn you down. I know of so many people who've submitted portfolios full of hyperrealistic graphite shoes or tools or other objects, only to be rejected. Such portfolios show that the artist lacks the ability to go beyond depictions of life and given another dimension to their art—a conceptual dimension.
By "conceptually-strong" pieces, I mean pieces that are idea and thought-driven rather than just purely technical. Think about how you can indicate a narrative within your piece or say something.
Think also about how you intentionally choose certain compositions, certain lighting, certain colors, certain styles, certain painting techniques, etc. to help subtly build the narrative of your piece. This is really important as it shows you're thinking about these things.
This DOESN'T necessarily mean that there has to be some explicit "moral" or message to your piece; trying to spoonfeed a story through very explicit (i.e. not-subtle) imagery can result in cheesy symbolism and pieces that feel cliche.
(I hope to add more to this later when I can put it into words better—this category is so broad and vague and I wish I could be more specific. Feel free to ask more specific questions about it below!)
Mastery over a range of mediums Top art schools like seeing that you skillfully use and experiment with different mediums. Maybe if you mainly work with pencil and pen, you can try paint, which is wet and a lot looser than highly controlled dry mediums. Maybe you can try 3D!! Many high schoolers are scared of it so it'll make you stand out (if it's well-executed).
Tip: You can also play with combining multiple mediums in one piece. Consider less conventional mediums like e.g. painting on wood (having the wood show through under the paint can create a cool effect, plus you can also burn wood to create designs & cool effects), creating texture with crumpled newspaper, incorporating wires to create a 3D aspect, etc. The list goes on and on!
That all being said, don't put in a bad piece just for the sake of showing that you work with different mediums. If the piece isn't very good, it can end up hurting you more helping you :')
Additionally, some art schools may not care all that much about seeing a range of mediums. This is definitely more of a thing at schools like RISD.
Life studies: figure drawings, still lives, landscapes, etc. Art schools want to see that you can draw from life. This means literally looking at things IRL and drawing them instead of drawing from a photograph. These pieces don't have to fully executed, fleshed-out pieces—it's common for people to send shaded black-and-white charcoal sketches of figures. They can also be sketchbook pages from sitting at a coffee shop, a park, a train station, your room, and just drawing the people, animals, objects, scenery, etc. around you. This is also a time to combine mediums if you want to add a splash of color to pen/pencil drawings. You can have fun with it!
That being said, it's still very important to display well-executed technical skill, ESPECIALLY for still lives as those are probably the most common life drawing + are in nearly every single portfolio and probably the easiest of the 3.
Tip: Put shadows underneath your still lives; don't just have them floating in a blank white page! Try to also draw at least some part of the background so that the object is indicated in a space. Play with composition and try to break away from putting everything right in the middle of your page/canvas with nothing going off the edges (bc still lives are like that and it gets very boring!)
If you can't access live nude models for figure drawing, there are some online resources where you can draw nude models meant for this exact purpose, both timed and untimed (posted below!). Though it won't be from life, it may still be worth including as human anatomy is important and something many art schools focus on, especially in your first year.
Although the vast majority do, some schools don't care about life studies or purely technical pieces at all (notoriously parsons!), so make sure you do your research through attending National Portfolio Day & contacting admissions with questions (more on that later).
Note: You should only submit a few of these!
Sketchbook pages This very much depends on the school—some really want to see them and some may only want to see your best, most completed work. Typically, a school that DOES want sketchbook pages will explicitly ask to see them. Make sure you check their website or ask them!
If they DO want to see sketchbook pages, you can include thumbnail sketches, planning for another piece, life drawings, small experimentations, anything that gives a "behind the scenes" look into your art making and thinking. It's great also to show sketchbook planning for another piece you have in your portfolio. Schools like RISD really want to sketchbook pages so make sure you keep one!
Note: You should only submit a few of these!
School-specific assignments/tests Some art schools will require you to create art based on a specific prompt. This prompt may change every year or stay the same. This is an important chance to show how you tackle an art assignment given by the school itself and a good assignment response can really boost your portfolio. I wouldn't go as far as to say these "make or break" your portfolio, however, as schools have explicitly stated that the rest of your portfolio is also important and not to devote all your time and energy onto the assignment at the cost of a lower-quality portfolio. Still take it seriously though!
Cooper Union (tbh it's the only school I know of that does this) gives a "home test" where they mail/email you a list of prompts to make art from that they assess you on. There's also a bunch of questions you have to answer (I don't know much about the home test so please let me know if this info is wrong or misleading!).
RISD's this year (just released a few days ago!) is "Identify something in need of repair. Use any material or approach to fix it." and an accompanying written response (further details here).
Be creative. Come up with unique concepts. I'm sure someone out there is reading this thinking, 'Well, DUH, it's art school! Of course I have to be creative,' because I'd probably think the same. Yet, you'd be surprised how often AOs continue to see still lives of fruit or glass bottles, green landscapes, a portrait painted with a flurry of unnatural skin tones, etc.
Don't make things just because everyone else is making them. I guarantee you that you don't need a still life of fruit to get into art school. Instead, think about what pieces like that show AOS (for still lives, it'd be technical skill) and think about ways you can show those same skills but in a less-generic way. This piece by @lemoncholy_(IG) (link to a timestamped youtube video) is a great example of a fun and original still life that also works in a narrative while displaying technical skill.
Break out of rigidity Common among applicants who are really skilled in realism are portfolios full of tightly rendered portraits and scenes from life, but nothing else. This is bad because it shows you don't know how to experiment and that your artistic skills and vision are limited within the very narrow realm of photographic realism.
Play with adapting a "looser" hand. Watercolor is great for this because it's so fluid! You can also play with combining realism and abstraction or illustration. An artist that I think does this well with oil paint is Jenny Saville. You can also experiment with stylizing some of your realism. Degas's pastel portraits
Don't place everything in the center I mentioned this earlier, but placing things in the dead center is probably the most common composition that high school applicants use, usually without a particular reason why and just because it's the "default." Many AOs I talked to really emphasized it so definitely play with putting things off-center and asymmetry!!
Have backgrounds. Yes, even to still lives! Also mentioned earlier, but pure white backgrounds should be avoided whenever appropriate. They can make pieces look unfinished and usually happen because people are scared of them. Break out of your comfort zone! Even if the background is simple, it still indicates the object in a space instead of it just floating in space.
Don't be afraid of color Try to make more than half of your pieces in color! I'm not sure if this is as much of a problem now, but don't be afraid of it! It's much easier to work with it when the colors are controlled, like with colored pencils, versus when you have to mix your own colors, like with watercolor.
Make your artistic choices intentional Why did you choose this certain composition? This color palette? This style? This lighting? Realism vs semi-realism? How can these choices help build a narrative without having to shove it down the audience's throat through explicit imagery?
Answering these questions can help you make more intentional and meaningful choices! and explaining these choices in the description will definitely give you a boost as it shows you're thinking deeply about critically (critically thinking) about your art-making.
Spend time on your written descriptions Honestly, even if the work itself is subpar, a stellar description that reveals a lot of depth to the piece can save it and show that you think a lot about your artistic choices and art-making in general. From then, it just becomes an execution issue which you can work on in school.
Quality > quantity, but don't add too few pieces either Don't try to reach the max-pieces limit with "filler" pieces that aren't very good. It'll bring the overall quality of your portfolio down.
At the same time, don't include too few pieces. If it asks for 20 pieces, try to give at least 13. If it asks for 12, try to give at least 9. Not every piece has to be absolutely outstanding!
A purely technical portfolio I'm sure I'm beginning to sound like a broken record at this point lol, but this is super important!! It's so so common for technically amazing applicants to get rejected because their portfolios are all just technical studies without any narrative or conceptual thought behind the majority of their pieces.
Tell narratives through your art. Go to art museums. Ask yourself what it means to be an artist and your role in society. What power does art have that other methods don't? How can you use your art to say things and reach others in ways that only art can?
Fanart or anime Especially anime. They don't like it at all. The reasons are a little BS imo :( but you can't fight them; just don't do it.
Master copies Mastercopies are when you replicate/copy famous pieces of artwork—art from "masters"—as accurately as possible.
This is a lesser offense than including fanart/anime and whether schools actually care will vary from school to school, but I know that schools like RISD & Parsons really don't like them and RISD specifically advises against them. They don't show any originality and the display of technical skill is also damped by the notion that it was copied from someone else's art.
Personally, I think master copies are actually super beneficial to people learning a certain medium and I really encourage people to do them as studies. Just don't put them in your portfolio!
Badly photographed pieces The documentation of your pieces is an often overlooked yet highly important part of your portfolio. Try to take photos of work outside in bright but shadowy areas. This way you get natural light but not the glare of direct light. Rent a camera and learn how to use its basic settings or use a phone with a high-quality camera.
Crop your photos to the edges of your piece. Alter weird lighting, contrast, and color inconsistencies using a photo editing software. Photoshop is perfect for this as it's super powerful. If you don't have a subscription, PM me and I can help you with getting it for free.
Art Prof also has tooons of stuff on documenting your work here in the middle/second column of links near the top.
What makes the best portfolio? (For NON-art schools) When submitting a supplementary portfolio to non-art schools, non-art schools typically prefer high-technical skill works and fully fleshed-out, finished works. Unless your experimental pieces are also highly skilled, it's best to go for very well rendered pieces that also have some conceptual thinking behind them.
The people looking at your supplementary portfolio may often be normal AOs that don't know much about art, and high-skill pieces will seem most impressive. And whereas the applicant pool for top art schools like RISD consists of many high-technical-skill low-conceptual-skill portfolios, supplementary portfolios to non-art schools on average usually aren't as good so you don't need as many risky, conceptual pieces to stand out.
Plus, non-art schools don't give two shits about your "potential to grow" in art so show off all the current skill you have rather than what you could have in the future! Especially if you don't even plan to do art in college.
Ordering your pieces The order of your pieces does matter. You want to leave the best impression you can on the AOs and psychology plays a part in it. People generally agree that the first two and last two pieces should be your strongest pieces. You want to start and end with a bang.
Other than that, it's up to you and depends on your portfolio pieces. You could try grouping similar pieces together, but if two pieces are too similar to each other, it can seem repetitive and you should probably take one of them out (instead of just moving it somewhere else). You could also play with mixing things up, but be careful not to break the cohesion of your portfolio by jumping between pieces that have completely different purposes and moods—you want the order of your pieces to flow without seeming boring or repetitive.
What is Slideroom? Slideroom is a portfolio uploading site where the majority of schools (including non-art schools) will ask you to submit portfolios on. Each school will have their own Slideroom portal (usually something like "[schoolname].slideroom.com") and you'll have to submit your portfolio separately for school you apply to.
When you upload pieces onto slideroom, you'll have the option to add a title and description for your piece. You may also have a box for year, medium, size, etc. depending on if the schools asks for it.
Tip: I highly recommend creating a separate document/spreadsheet with all your artworks' names, mediums, years, sizes, and descriptions as you'll have to put in that information again each time you submit a portfolio to another school (there IS an option on Slideroom to copy all your entries from portfolio A into portfolio B, but portfolio B may ask for yeamedium/size/etc. while portfolio A may not, which would require you to put it all in for portfolio B).
More tips! Two ~1hr Youtube videos about "art school portfolio secrets" with tons more tips from Clara Lieu (former adjunct RISD professor) @ Art Prof!! Here and here.
A bunch of portfolio tips + more common mistakes by Art Prof (again lol) here (same link as the one about documenting artwork)!
Grades, Tests, Extracurriculars, Awards, Classes, etc.
Academics Generally, grades and test scores very little to art schools. Most art schools barely care about your GPA and SAT, if at all. Even RISD, which probably cares the most out of all the art schools, has accepted people with sub 3.0 GPAs and sub 1200 SAT scores. Contrarily, many 4.0 UW 1400+ SAT people have been rejected because their portfolios are subpar. And it makes sense when you think about it, as academic strength matters little relative to your artistic strength when at art school.
Extracurriculars are more or less the same deal. Some schools only ask for art related ECs, so it's nice to have a few. It also may give you something to talk about.
Art Competitons/Awards From my understanding awards also don't matter very much to art schools, and at least not as much as your portfolio. I know people who've won numerous Scholastic National Medals that were rejected from schools like RISD. IMO this makes sense, as art school AO's would definitely trust their own judgment when looking at someone's portfolio over that of a competition's that they aren't affiliated with, especially since they're admitting them to art school, which values potential, while competitions value skill.
Some schools give a few scholarships based on art competitions like YoungArts, Scholastic, etc. I always think it's a good idea to try for these as you often have nothing to lose except for your time and the application fee and you may end up with some portfolio pieces while preparing for them.
There are mainly two large art competitions that I know of:
Scholastic Art & Writing Awards This is probably the largest art competition in the country. It has both regional and national awards. It's not too difficult to get some regional awards and it looks good on a resume. Anyone 7th-12th grade can apply and you need to do it while affiliated with a middle school/high school art teacher.
They have many different visual arts categories such as photography, drawing & illustration, sculpture, mixed media, design, digital, comic art, etc. They also have a whole writing section that also has a bunch of different categories.
National Youngarts Foundation This is a fairly prestigious competition with only ~50 winners nationwide, only half (or less) of which are Finalists. For visual arts, you submit a portfolio of 10 pieces that generally follow some unifying theme (the specifics change from year to year so make sure you check their site for details). Anyone 15-18 OR in 10th-12th grade can apply (so many college freshmen still qualify!). The due date is in October and if you get notified if you're a winner in December.
There are also many other categories outside of visual arts, such as theatre, writing, singing, dancing, classical music, etc.
AP Art I personally never took this class as it wasn't offered at my school, so I wish I could say more about it. From my understanding, this class is a good portfolio builder, and many who take it before 12th grade end up with portfolio pieces. I think most art colleges don't allow you to use AP Art credit in college.
School Art Classes and Private Art Classes In terms of getting you into art school, I don't think having these on your transcript or resume will increase or reduce your chances at all. However, these are definitely great opportunities to work on portfolio pieces and get feedback from teachers and peers.
Private art classes (if you find a good one) are definitely a great place to work specifically on portfolio pieces. Usually your instructor will work closely with you to build a portfolio and create pieces. Having not really done or learned anything in my school art classes, private art classes definitely helped me churn out a lot of art for the first half of high school.
Choosing an art school
Your major matters The quality of your education at a certain institution will be VERY major dependent. While it may be tempting, don't just look at acceptance rates because they can mislead you (sidenote on this: try to get acceptance rates from students or the school's website because the ones Google reports are always much higher for some reason).
Even reputation can sometimes be misleading—for example, while RISD is sometimes considered the "Harvard" of art schools, it has a poor animation, video, and photography department. Contrarily, SVA has a great animation program despite having a high acceptance rate and despite some of their other departments being questionable in quality.
Flexibility in switching majors If you aren't sure which major you want to go into or unsure if you necessarily will want to stay in your current major, keep in mind how easy or hard it'll be to switch majors. Some schools require you to apply to a certain major and are very inflexible about changing majors. For example, to do Fashion at parsons (which is famous for their fashion), you have to specifically get into the Fashion major because it's so competitive and they probably judge the applicants at a different standard.
Additionally, their first-year curriculum is completely different from all the other majors' first-year curriculums (which is usually a foundation year where ALL majors take the SAME classes on fundamental art skills like drawing and design). If you get into Parsons for something else, I've heard it's relatively easy to change majors from say Illustration to Graphic Design to very hard to change majors into Fashion.
It also may be hard to transfer out of such majors. Animation at SVA has a different first-year curriculum than most of the other majors (which also have a foundation year) which SVA brings up as why you can't switch from Animation to GD or Illustration but why you can switch form GD to Illustration or vice versa. I've heard of people who went into SVA for animation but realized after their second year that they didn't actually like animation. As a result, they either had to stick with it for another two years and 140k later or drop out.
Location This is true for both art and non-art schools. Depending on your major, it may be easier to find work in more urban areas or certain cities. That gives schools around SoCal or NYC an advantage compared to schools in, say, Florida. Make sure you consider if that's something important for you and your major.
Connections/Networking This may only be applicable for 'industry majors' like Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Textiles, etc. and not so much for very fine-arts majors like Drawing and Painting. But for those formerly mentioned majors, I've been told straight up that you pay for art school for the connections and the networking. Reputable schools have well-connected faculty and networking events with renowned companies and employers. This is super important in art industries like Graphic Design, where your salary can fluctuate GREATLY depending on where you work.
Ultimately, the name doesn't matter that much While prestige may help someone graduating from a NON-art school find a good job, for art schools, your graduating portfolio matters a LOT more (NOTE: The portfolio I mention in this section is the one you build during your time at art college. The portfolio I mention in the next section and for the majority of this post is the one you apply to art school with). This is the body of work that you come out of college with and is what hirers (for industry majors) are looking at to decide if your artistic vision and skill is what they're looking for. The best art school for you then is the one that helps you build your best body of work, and that may not be the well-known big-name schools.
Do you like their student work? Some schools have an affiliated Behance site where students (and alums) can post artwork that they make. You can usually filter the work in the site by major and year. The URL is typically "portfolios.[schoolname].edu" but I'd look up "[schoolname] portfolios" or "[schoolname] student work" in google as many schools don't have an affiliated Behance site.
This is a great way to see what students are currently making. You may find that you particularly do or don't like the work produced, and that's a really important indicator for whether that school would be a good fit for you.
Art at a non-art school This can sometimes be risky imo as art programs in non-art schools are often small and not very good. Especially when there's only one professor for your major, you run the risk of getting a limited/narrow education in a field that requires fresh ideas and creative problem-solving (for most majors). The quality of the education may also just not be very great, and you'll also have fewer peers to grow from (Your classmates in art school are super important imo as you'll constantly be learning and growing off each other. You literally spend a third of your time in art school getting feedback from your peers.).
That being said, there are definitely some non-art schools with a strong arts and/or design department, like Yale, UCLA, and Carnegie Mellon. It can be hard to find stuff about this online and I wish I knew some better ways to research this, but it's best if you can talk to a professor or art student who's more 'in the know' about this stuff.
What if I don't only want to do art? Most art schools only offer a very arts-centered education. Some have an art history/liberal arts requirement but those classes are limited. You'll still have to take some non-art classes, and if that's enough for you, great! But if not, you could consider doing art at a non-art school, where you'll have access to the school's non-art majors and courses too.
At RISD, you not only have a (relatively) heftier liberal arts requirement, but you also have the opportunity to take classes at Brown University right next door starting your sophomore year. However, I've heard that it's actually pretty difficult to schedule these classes as RISD classes are usually really long and the two universities don't really work together to coordinate classes.
Dual Degree Programs There are also some dual degree programs, most famously the Brown | RISD dual degree program. This shit is competitive as fuck to get into (3-4% acceptance rate) but an amazing opportunity as you get a degree from both Brown University and RISD after 5-years. You can find a lot more info about it online. Overview of some specific logistics about its admissions here. There's also the Tufts SMFA 5-year dual degree which also has a 4-year option if you only want a degree from Tufts.
I only recently got into art/I don't have a lot of experience. Do I still have a chance at top art schools? Contrary to popular belief, people who are good at art are rarely truly "talented." Much of it is really just practice, practice, and more practice. Even with talent, practice is still essential (just like how talented athletes still have to train really hard in order to do well).
But imo, you can practice "smartly" and not-so-smartly. I know of multiple people who only started making art mid-high school or never took an art class before an art camp the summer before 12th grade and these people got into some of the best art schools in the country! They weren't secret Van Gogh's who had finally uncovered their god-given talent; they just knew how to build a portfolio that highlighted their strengths over their weaknesses and showed they had potential above all else.
How expensive is art school? Top art schools are as expensive as top non-art schools. Some, like RISD, are notorious for being stingy about giving money. It's a sad reality. However, there are definitely other affordable but decent options outside of the big-name schools. Remember that a school might be alright overall but really good for your major, specifically!
How do I know if art school is right for me? I struggled with the same question and am honestly still struggling with it. Is art to you a hobby or a passion? Would you be ok with doing art as a job, even if it means sucking some or most of the joy out of it? Would you be willing to go into debt for a degree that may be hard to pay back?
Do you want to go to school with passionate and driven students doing what they love? Do you want to go to school with students all more-or-less doing the same thing as you? Are you ok with focusing mainly on art but dabbling in other subjects too?
Ultimately, you can also always transfer schools!
Resources Oh boy,, my favorite part lol. Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with any of the links or organizations below :’)
Portfolio reviews National Portfolio Day - A collection of days throughout the year where you can have your portfolio reviewed & critiqued by representatives from a whole host of art schools. There's typically one in a certain state/region per year. It's a great opportunity to get legit feedback on your portfolio and I highly recommend people to attend if possible, especially if they're unsure about what direction to move forward in with their portfolio. Also a great time to ask art schools questions!! Calendar here.
Virtual National Portfolio Day - NPD but online through Careereco. Many schools also attend. Dates for upcoming VNPDs are on the NPD website. Their most recent one (as of the time I'm writing this) was on May 22nd, 2020; you can find the details for that one here.
This is still fairly new (first one was in 2019) and can get very hectic with long wait times but the whole thing usually runs the whole day from ~6 a.m.–5 p.m. EST. I'd definitely recommend NPD over VNPD if possible.
AICAD - If you can't make NPD, you can submit a 5-piece portfolio online to have it reviewed by a select list of art schools that you get to choose from. Not many schools participate but some decent ones do, like RISD and MICA. You'll get an email with feedback.
In my experience, a lot of schools used it as an advertising platform and I didn't get that much useful feedback on my portfolio. However, some schools (like RISD) did give feedback and it's definitely worth trying though if you want as much feedback as possible!
Art Prof Portfolio Critiques - Art Prof, a free online art education service, posts 30+ min critiques of user-submitted portfolios on their Youtube channel. The reviewers include art school professors and grads. You can buy a review on Art Prof's website.
They also have a ton of live art piece critiques (scroll through the created playlists) on all categories of visual art that you can submit your own art for for free!
Portfolio Examples Admitted Portfolio Youtube Videos - A playlist of admitted art school portfolios + tips + general videos with info about art school. As of now, it hasn't been updated with the Class of 2020 acceptances, but has most of the ones from before then.
Art Prof Portfolio Critiques - (as mentioned above!)
Learning Art Prof - The HOLY GRAIL of free online art education. The founder and head, Clara Lieu, is a former RISD Adjunt Professor. There is a TON of useful stuff on here, including tutorials in oil paint, marker, animation, printmaking, 3D, etc; ideas for art and portfolio pieces; guides on composition, light, portraits, etc; guides for photography art; etc. Literally sooo much useful content.
Here's a post with a ton of useful info on art school portfolios!
They also have a Youtube channel that is also incredibly useful and heavily integrated with their main site. As mentioned earlier, they have a lot of full portfolio critiques which you yourself can also purchase. You can also submit art on their site to get critiqued on their channel. They have tons of useful guides on just about everything art related, like it's seriously crazy. Literally God Prof.
New Master's Academy - Tons of solid lessons on all sorts of fundamental art skills, including anatomy, oil paint, watercolor, etc. A not-free subscripton based service. They also have a Youtube channel where they post some critiques and lessons here.
Figures (nude and clothed) Line of Action - Timed nude and clothed models. Also has facial expressions, animals, landscapes, etc.
Quick Poses - Timed also; same as Line of Action but the images vary more in quality (though they're also more diverse).
Artmodeltips.com - Tons of nude poses with some clothed. Not timed.
Senshistock on DeviantArt - Clothed and nearly-nude poses. Many are from dynamic perspectives and they're overall more suited for anatomy reference in illustrations but still serve as good practice.
Royalty-free images For when you want to heavily reference a photograph that isn't yours. It's a good habit to start building as it's you could get sued using copyrighted photos + it's looked down upon. Take reference photos yourself if possible!
...and tons more!
Hope this was helpful! I knew this would be long but it's now very very close to the 40k character limit lol and I'm out of space. I'll definitely try adding and editing stuff as I remember more art school-related content.
Feel free to ask any additional questions below and I'll try to answer them if possible!! I'm sure there are some things I've unintentionally glossed over, so please don't hesitate to ask :') If you have questions about specific schools, I may also be able to help!
Affiliate marketing is a very large industry and has become a key source of online income for many thousands of professional bloggers. With more and more online businesses becoming involved in affiliate marketing, more opportunities have arisen for bloggers, like you and I, to make money with their blog. and to ultimately create passive income streams. Once you have reached 3 eligible referrals that are pending payout, your commissions will be payable at the end of the next calendar month. You will need to send us an invoice in order to get paid. Please refer to our Affiliate Terms & Conditions for details. Expanding your affiliate marketing program into a new country or region can be an exciting experience. It’s also an opportunity that comes with unique challenges and considerations. Our goal in creating this “Ultimate Guide to Taking Your Affiliate Program Global” is to provide you with a useful framework for how to prepare, plan and Read our Affiliate Operating Agreement; Complete the Online Application. If you're accepted, we'll send you all the information and tools that you need to get started selling DollarGeneral.com products on your site, while you make a commission on every sale. HOW DOES IT WORK. As an affiliate, you decide what type of store to build. Get out of bed and see that you have $957.60 in your bank account from a single affiliate sale. If you want to learn how to start a blog and take part in this market projected to hit $6.8 billion in 2020, keep reading.. This list includes affiliate programs to join in standard categories like web hosting, website builders, VPNs, travel, finance, fashion, beauty, and fitness.