Wealthy Affiliate Reviews 2020 [Beware] Is Wealthy
- Wealthy Affiliate Reviews 2020 [Beware] Is Wealthy
- Travelocity Affiliate Program | Promote Flights with
- Firm to Pay FTC $250,000 to Settle Charges That It Used
- PlayStation Nation | 2011 Reviews – PlayStation Nation
- Affiliate Program Management: An Hour a Day: Evgenii
“[L]aw enforcement is a popular career choice for psychopaths,” according to a 2018 article* on BusinessInsider.com. (Non-)obvious reasons police reforms MUST include testing** to screen out psychos.
submitted by edupreneur to conspiracy [link] [comments]
** i.e., administering available tests
that are psychometrically valid
(SlideShare is owned by LinkedIn
.) Excerpt: Obvious reason to screen out
From 2011 book The Psychopath Test: A Journey Through the Madness Industry
[“]She said, ‘I’ve got a bad personality. I like to hurt people.’ I thought she was winding me up. I said, ‘Okay, fine.’ So we went through the [fMRI] tests [i.e., brain scans]. When she was looking at the photographs of the mutilated bodies, the sensors showed that she was getting a kick off of them. Her sexual reward center—it’s a sexual thing—was fired up by blood and death. It’s subconscious. It happens in milliseconds. She found those things pleasant.”
From 2019 book The New Evil: Understanding the Emergence of Modern Violent Crime
As we move along the continuum to Category 9 [of 22 categories of violent crime], we traverse an important threshold. The remainder of the scale encompasses persons who commit “evil” acts partly or wholly as the result of varying degrees of psychopathy . . . TNE
co-author Michael H. Stone, MD, is a professor of clinical psychiatry at the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. TNE
co-author Gary Brucato, PhD, is: 1) a clinical psychologist and researcher in the areas of violence, psychosis, and other serious psychopathology, 2) the assistant director of the Center of Prevention and Evaluation at the New York State Psychiatric Institute/Columbia University Medical Center.
From the June 4, 2020 article
on WPXI.com* titled “Former FBI assistant director: Derek Chauvin showed ‘sociopathic behavior’ during George Floyd’s death”:
[Former FBI-er] Fuentes said research shows about seven percent of people exhibit some sociopathic behavior, but in applicants for law enforcement that number jumps up to more than 40% [my emphasis].
Fuentes said the key to stopping police brutality is preventing these types of individuals who seek out power over others from being hired in the first place.
* WPXI is the NBC-TV affiliate in Pittsburgh, PA. Non-obvious reason to screen out
-- Summary (details below) --
Advances in molecular genetics are IMPERILING ~77 million psychopaths
It’s (very) likely that a growing number of Ps: 1) are aware
that PsIMP, 2) have been resisting
* (e.g., organizing; coercing; preparing to coerce-via-terrorizing; partnering with known groups of violent extremists
From 2012 book Irregular Army: How the US Military Recruited Neo-Nazis, Gang Members, and Criminals to Fight the War on Terror
Since its inception, the leaders of the white supremacist movement—which is as old as the country—have encouraged their members to enlist. They see it as a way for their followers to receive combat and weapons training, courtesy of the US government . . .
* I identified this THREAT to non-Ps via my work; said resisting is a RISK factor for my industry. Re: most/all very wealthy people who aren’t Ps would BENEFIT from $UPPORTING said screening out (e.g., $UPPORTING politicians who . . .)
Details below. Re: PsIMP
-- Summary (details below) --
Psychopathy is ~70% heritable.
Via molecular genetics, many/most/all genetic markers
for psychopathy will be identified soon.
” of Ps could/should ensue, according to a leading psychopathy researcher and criminologist
who’s tenured at the University of Pennsylvania (i.e., Ps who haven’t committed a crime could be imprisoned). Re: Ps being aware that PsIMP
From a 2016 article
A [meta-analytic] review of  studies found that the correlation between psychopathy and intelligence is nearly zero [i.e., ~2.3% of Ps have an IQ ≥ 130; ~16% ≥ 115] . . . (O’Boyle, Forsyth, Banks, & Story, 2013).
From the 2012 article
in FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin
titled “The Corporate Psychopath”:
Today’s corporate psychopath may be highly educated—several with Ph.D., M.D., and J.D. degrees have been studied . . . Re: Ps resisting PsIMP
From a 2018 article
titled “Los Extraditables, the Pablo Escobar-Led Gang That Launched a Bloody Campaign [during the 1980s] Against U.S. Extradition”:
The terrorist group . . . claimed “we prefer a grave in Colombia to a prison in the United States . . .”
Escobar was a drug-trafficker whose net worth reached $58 billion (in 2018 dollars). The other leaders of Los Extraditables were wealthy drug-traffickers.
From 2001 book Killing Pablo: The Hunt for the World’s Greatest Outlaw
“[Escobar] intended, he said, to use the public’s weariness with [Extraditables-funded] violence to his benefit. He planned to turn up the violence until the public cried out for a solution, a deal.
. . . A communiqué from the Extraditables not long after hammered home the point:
We are declaring total and absolute war on the government, on the individual and political oligarchy, on the journalists who have attacked and insulted us, on the judges that have sold themselves to the government, on the extraditing magistrates . . . on all those who have persecuted and attacked us. We will not respect the families of those who have not respected our families. We will burn and destroy the industries, properties and mansions of the oligarchy.”
“At his [Pablo’s] peak, he would threaten to usurp the Colombian State.”
“Ever since Pablo’s men had blown that Avianca flight out of the sky . . .”
“[A] total of 457 police had been killed since Colonel Martinez had started his hunt. Young gunmen in that city were being paid 5 million pesos for killing a cop.”
From a 2018 book
by a professor of international relations at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point (my emphases):
The allure of preventive war is rooted in fear . . . [F]ear is most acute when power is shifting among states [i.e., groups of people]. Re: psychopathy is ~70% heritable
. . . The strategic logic of preventive military action is simple: The objective is to physically destroy or neutralize the rival’s growing offensive capabilities with a first strike or by coaxing war, at an early stage in the power shift, before the rival is potent enough to pose the threat that haunts your visions of the future.
. . . [Hence] that long parade of preventive conflicts we can observe over thousands of years of history.
From 2011 book The Science of Evil
, by a University of Cambridge professor of developmental psychopathology:
If a trait or behavior is even partly genetic, we should see its signature showing up in twins. Re: many/most/all genetic markers for psychopathy will be identified soon
. . . Regarding twin studies of Type P [i.e., psychopaths], none of these show 100 percent heritability, but the genetic component is nevertheless substantial (the largest estimate being about 70 percent).
From 2013 book The Anatomy of Violence: The Biological Roots of Crime
, by a University of Pennsylvania professor of Criminology, Psychiatry and Psychology (part 1 of 2):
“Behavioral genetics is a shadowy black box because, while it tells us what proportion of a given behavior is genetically influenced, it does not identify the specific genes lurking in there that predispose one to violence. Molecular genetics is poised to pry open that black box . . .”
“Twenty years ago, molecular genetics was a fledgling field of research. Now it is a major enterprise providing us with a detailed look at the structure and function of genes.”
From a May 2020 article
In the past decade, studies of psychopathological genetics have become large enough to draw robust conclusions.
From The Anatomy of Violence
(part 2 of 2):
The essence of the molecular genetic research we have been touching on above—identifying specific genes that predispose individuals to crime—is that genes code for neurotransmitter functioning. Neurotransmitters are brain chemicals essential to brain functioning. There are more than a hundred of them and they help to transmit signals from one brain cell to another to communicate information. Change the level of these neurotransmitters, and you change cognition, emotion, and behavior. Re: “indefinite detention” of Ps could/should ensue
. . . It’s 2034 . . . [A]ll males in society aged eighteen and over have to register at their local hospital for a quick brain scan and DNA testing. One simple finger prick for one drop of blood that takes ten seconds. Then a five-minute brain scan for the “Fundamental Five Functions”: First, a structural scan provides the brain’s anatomy. Second, a functional scan shows resting brain activity. Third, enhanced diffusion-tensor imaging is taken to assess the integrity of the white-fiber system in the brain, assessing intricate brain connectivity. Fourth is a reading of the brain’s neurochemistry that has been developed from magnetic resonance spectroscopy. Fifth and finally, the cellular functional scan assesses expression of 23,000 different genes at the cellular level. The computerization of all medical, school, psychological, census, and neighborhood data makes it easy to combine these traditional risk variables alongside the vast amount of DNA and brain data to form an all-encompassing biosocial data set.
. . . Fourth-generation machine-learning techniques looked for complex patterns of linear and nonlinear relationships . . .
From The Anatomy of Violence
[This] leads the government [in 2034] to launch the LOMBROSO program —Legal Offensive on Murder: Brain Research Operation for the Screening of Offenders. Re: most/all very wealthy people who aren’t Ps (VWnPs) would BENEFIT from $UPPORTING said screening out
. . . Under LOMBROSO, those who test positive—the LPs—are held in indefinite detention. . . . It sounds quite cushy, but remember that the LPs have not actually committed a crime. Perhaps the main drawback is who they live with, housed as they are in facilities full of other LPs—time bombs waiting to explode.
In particular, VWnPs would benefit if Ps couldn’t resist via police awareness of investigations (e.g., via psycho cops thwarting would-be predictive policing
From the chapter in 2015 book Tomorrowland: Our Journey from Science Fiction to Science Fact
titled “Hacking the President’s DNA” (the chapter was co-authored by a former Resident Futurist of the FBI; my emphases):
Our next commander-in-chief will be our first commander-in-chief to have to deal with genetically based, made-to-order [e.g., personalized] biothreats.
. . . Within a few years, politicians, celebrities, leaders of industry . . . will be vulnerable to murder[, extortion, etc.] by genetically engineered bioweapon. Many such killings could go undetected, confused with death by natural causes; many others would be difficult to pin on a defendant, especially given disease latency. Both of these factors are likely to make personalized bioweapons extremely attractive to anyone bearing ill will.
Especially VWnPs who own a lot of real estate in big cities . . .
From the March 2020 op-ed
on TheHill.com titled “The coronavirus: Blueprint for bioterrorism,” written by a former assistant to a then vice-president of the U.S.:
It represents the perfect asymmetric warfare strategy . . .
Google “urban exodus coronavirus
” and “remote work post coronavirus
From the 2018 article
on Vice.com titled “This Is What It Would Take to Turn a Virus Into a Weapon”:
Melinda Gates recently declared that the biggest threat to humanity is a pandemic brought on by a bioterrorist attack. [The Melinda & Bill Gates Foundation has been focused on pandemic preparation for several years.]
IMPORTANTLY for VWnPs et al., Ps could ENLARGE their war chest
by engineering (corona)viruses and vaccines
From 2020 “pandemic novel
” The End of October
(#24 on Amazon’s May 7 list of best-selling books; the novel was published on April 28):
“Really, Henry,” Bartlett asked, “you think this [virus] was man-made?”
“Biowarfare has always been a part of the arsenals of the great powers. We shouldn’t be surprised if this turns out to have been concocted in a laboratory. We know the Russians have tinkered with influenza. Good scientists. Maybe they wanted to see what could be done, if there was some way of collaborating with nature to build the ultimate weapon of war, one that can destroy the enemy without fingerprints.”
“It only makes sense if they have also developed a vaccine,” said Bartlett [my emphasis].
From the April 2020 article
in The New Yorker
titled “What Lawrence Wright Learned From His Pandemic Novel”:
By the time Wright and I met for lunch and discussed his novel—“The End of October,” which is out this month—he had already done the coast-to-coast reporting. He had met with epidemiologists, immunologists, microbiologists, security experts, vaccine experts, and public-health officials. He had read all the books, all the journal articles.
. . . The experts, Wright notes in a letter to the reader in the galleys of his book, “all share the concerns I’ve presented—that something like this could happen.”
. . .
Given personalized bioweapons, Ps linking financial data and DNA data could ENLARGE their war chest.
From a 2020 article
in The New York Times
In the years after Jeffrey Epstein registered as a sex offender [i.e., after 2008], he . . . started a business to develop algorithms and mine DNA and financial databases.
. . . Southern Trust [i.e., said business] generated about $300 million in profit in six years . . . The source of Southern Trust’s revenue is not clear; the bare-bones corporate filings made by the company in the Virgin Islands do not list any clients.
Important: Hypersexuality correlates strongly with psychopathy.
From a 2012 article
on HuffingtonPost.co.uk (my emphases):
“In one of the largest studies of its kind ever published, U.S. psychologists have found a particular aspect of personality in men and women predicts what the researchers refer to as ‘hypersexuality.’
. . . This character trait is—psychopathy.”
“Psychologists are beginning to concur that it’s this unique element of character which most powerfully predicts . . . a gamut of risky sexual behaviors.”
“The ‘hypersexual’ have more sexual partners than the rest of the population, fantasize more . . . and tend to favor more sex without love.”
IMPORTANT (details below):
Epstein was banked by the WILD, worldwide criminal enterprise (CE) known as Deutsche Bank (DB).
There are indicators that:
* many of DB’s employees are Ps
* DB is a variant of the VIOLENT, politically INFLUENTIAL, worldwide CE of the 1980s known as Bank of Credit and Commerce International (BCCI)
From a 1992 U.S. Senate report on BCCI
[L]argest case of organized crime in history, spanning over . . . 72 nations . . . finance terrorism . . . assist the builders of a Pakistani nuclear bomb . . .
From 1993 book The Outlaw Bank: A Wild Ride into the Secret Heart of BCCI
, co-authored by two journalists who covered BCCI for Time
magazine (my emphases):
From interviews with sources close to BCCI, Time has pieced together a portrait of a clandestine division of the bank called the Black Network, which functions as a global intelligence operation and a mafia-like enforcement squad. . . . [T]he 1,500-employee Black Network has used sophisticated spy equipment and techniques, along with bribery, extortion, kidnapping and even, by some accounts, murder.
BCCI was shut down in 1991 by regulators/attorneys-general of several nations (e.g., nations complicit in BCCI’s crimes for many years, including the United States).
From The Outlaw Bank
Perhaps the most disturbing aspect of the BCCI affair in the United States was the failure of U.S. government and federal law enforcement to move against the outlaw bank. Instead of swift retribution, what took place over more than a decade was a cover-up of major, alarming proportions, often orchestrated from the very highest levels of government.
From said 1992 report:
BCCI systematically bribed world leaders and . . . prominent political figures in most of the 73 countries in which BCCI operated.
Title of a December 2019 article
Jeffrey Epstein’s Private Banker at Deutsche & Citi Found Swinging From a Rope; Executive “Suicide” Before FBI Questioned Him
Title of a 2019 article
in Vanity Fair
Of Course Jeff Epstein Moved His Dirty Money Through Deutsche Bank
From a 2011 article
in U.K. newspaper The Independent
My companion, a senior UK investment banker and I, are discussing the most successful banking types we know and what makes them tick. I argue that they often conform to the characteristics displayed by social psychopaths. To my surprise, my friend agrees.
He then makes an astonishing confession: “At one major investment bank for which I worked, we used psychometric testing to recruit social psychopaths because their characteristics exactly suited them to senior corporate finance roles.”
From 2020 book Dark Towers: Deutsche Bank, Donald Trump and an Epic Trail of Destruction
, by the finance editor of The New York Times
“Deutsche . . . helped funnel money into countries that were under economic sanctions for pursuing nuclear weapons or participating in genocides.”
“The hundreds of millions of dollars that Deutsche [had] wired to Iranian banks [by 2006] provided vital funding for the sanctioned country to pay for its terrorism. Soon Iraq was being ripped apart by violence. Roadside bombs detonated all over the country, targeting the country’s fragile government and the U.S. military forces that were trying to keep the peace. Much of the violence was the work of a terrorist group, Jaysh al-Mahdi, which had been armed and trained by Hezbollah, which had been bankrolled by Iran’s Revolutionary Guard, which had been financed by Deutsche.
. . . The sanctions violations weren’t the work of an isolated crew of rogue Deutsche employees. Managers knew. Their bosses knew. American regulators would later find evidence that at least one member of the bank’s vorstand—in other words, one of Deutsche’s most senior executives—knew about and approved of the scheme.”
“[Deutsche] would soon become enveloped in scandals related to money laundering, tax evasion, manipulating interest rates, manipulating the prices of precious metals, manipulating the currencies markets, bribing foreign officials, accounting fraud, violating international sanctions, ripping off customers, and ripping off the German, British, and United States governments. (The list went on.)”
What is this, how does it work, who is Aykut?
Short Answer: submitted by aykutpehlivanoglu to AskAykut [link] [comments]
Create a new post with your website URL (and with your questions if you have any).
I will review it quickly and give you 1 actionable step for free. So you can act on it and improve your website (and sales!).
Do you want me to check your website in detail and give you more actionable steps? Yes, it is possible. I do it on Fiverr. To learn more: https://www.fiverr.com/affiliate247/review-your-website-give-you-5-actionable-steps
There is a limit for this free consultation here: 1 actionable tip per Reddit user so please use it wisely :)
* Long Answer:
I guess you ask yourself who is this guy. Fair enough.
My name is Aykut Pehlivanoglu.
I am the founder of AffiliateProgramDB.com
I generally prefer to stay behind the scenes. But I like communicating our users directly and helping them improve their websites. So I decided to create a more manual service.
I can't be here all the time. So if you want to analyze your website in an automated way day and night, go check our tool: https://www.worthofweb.com/calculato
I created this website value calculator in 2011 and it has evaluated 15,000,000+ sites since then.
You can learn how it works at https://www.worthofweb.com/calculato#how_our_calculator_works
. Don't forget to check the Worth Of Web website in detail. You will find many other useful tools and resources.
Do you want to learn more about me still? Wow, may the force be with you :)
I graduated from METU as a chemical engineer. I haven’t worked in the chemical industry though except for a couple of internships.
I served as an officer in the Turkish Navy for a year. After that full-throttle in the software industry.
I co-founded a software development company and a game studio. I ran the software company for 12+ years, my partner and I ran the game studio for 9+ years.
I was the Marketing and Operations Director of an American web brokerage for a few years.
I am fluent in English and Turkish, ok in French, a beginner in Russian and German.
Some of my interviews:
Hey nerds, how about some of that diversity research?
submitted by lenaxia to asianamerican [link] [comments]
So because I'm a god damn nerd and as part of work some of us are trying to get an diversity tenet included in our public principles, I've aggregated some research that I had previously used to argue for diversity to various organizational leaderhip.
I thought it may be interesting to share publicly too, and as a plus (and on-topic), there are some Asian-American specific papers in here too.
This is a good place to start for people looking to actually back up a call for diversity with some concrete data, or to better understand what the scope of the problem is.
Enjoy nerding out. GENDER EQUALITY Dual-anonymization Yields Promising Results for Reducing Gender Bias: A Naturalistic Field Experiment of Applications for Hubble Space Telescope Time
Set Up to Fail: Explaining When Women-led Businesses Are More Likely to Fail
- ABSTRACT: Using archival data, we examine the effects of the Hubble Space Telescope Time Allocation Committee (HST TAC)ʼs decision to adopt a dual- rather than single-anonymous review process. The change involved removing, to varying degrees, information about the Principal Investigator (PI) with the goal of reducing bias against women. Proposals led by female PIs were significantly more likely to be accepted in the five cycles following the changes compared to the 11 cycles using a single-anonymous review system. Taking a closer look at why these changes emerged, we examined data at the reviewer-level in the cycle immediately preceding the change compared to three of the cycles after the change. We found that male reviewers rated female PIs significantly worse than they rated male PIs before, but not after, dual-anonymization was adopted.
Orchestrating Impartiality: The Impact of “Blind” Auditions on Female Musicians
- ABSTRACT: Drawing on role congruity theory, we examine whether and when women-led ventures are more likely to fail than men-led ventures. We investigate the relationship between the gender of the leading entrepreneur and business failure and three important moderators of this relationship: whether the leadership assignment is consistent with merit, whether the venture operates in a female-dominated industry, and whether the venture is operated by a spousal team. Drawing on a unique, nationally representative data set of entrepreneurial firms sampled from the U.S. population in 2005 and followed yearly until 2011, we demonstrate that female entrepreneurs’ businesses are more likely to fail than those of their male counterparts. Regarding the moderating effects, our results show that female entrepreneurs’ businesses are more likely to fail when their merit-based competence is inferior to that of their cofounders. However, in the same scenario, male entrepreneurs are still able to lead their businesses successfully. We also find that women entrepreneurs’ disadvantages in leading new businesses are amplified in contexts that many have expected to be supportive of women, including in industries dominated by women and within spousal teams. Together, our results suggest that women’s disadvantages in leading their businesses may be perpetuated by gender beliefs that discount women’s leadership. Based on our findings, we discuss our contributions to theory and practice, and we offer implications for future research.
- Related Content
National Girls Collaborative Project
- ABSTRACT: A change in the audition procedures of symphony orchestras—adoption of “blind” auditions with a “screen” to conceal the candidate’s identity from the jury— provides a test for sex-biased hiring. Using data from actual auditions, in an individual fixed-effects framework, we find that the screen increases the probability a woman will be advanced and hired. Although some of our estimates have large standard errors and there is one persistent effect in the opposite direction, the weight of the evidence suggests that the blind audition procedure fostered impartiality in hiring and increased the proportion women in symphony orchestras.
Mind the Gender Gap (Nature article)
- Women remain underrepresented in the science and engineering workforce, although to a lesser degree than in the past, with the greatest disparities occurring in engineering, computer science, and the physical sciences (NSF, Science & Engineering Indicators, 2018).
- Women make up half of the total U.S. college-educated workforce, but only 28% of the science and engineering workforce.
- Female scientists and engineers are concentrated in different occupations than are men, with relatively high shares of women in the social sciences (60%) and biological, agricultural, and environmentallife sciences (48%) and relatively low shares in engineering (15%) and computer and mathematical sciences (26%).
- Race and ethnicity are salient factors in rates of participation in the science and engineering workforce (NSF, Science & Engineering Indicators, 2018).
- The U.S. science and engineering workforce has become more diverse, but several racial and ethnic minority groups continue to be significantly underrepresented.
- In 2015, 67% of workers in science and engineering occupations were white, which is close to the proportion in the U.S. working age population.
- Hispanics, blacks, and American Indians/Alaska Natives make up a smaller share of the science and engineering workforce (11%) than their proportion in the general population (27% of U.S. working age population).
- Asians work in science and engineering occupations at higher rates (20.6%) than their representation in the U.S. working-age population (5.5%). Asians are particularly highly concentrated in computer and information science occupations.
- The increase in female participation in science and engineering over the past two decades includes increasing participation by members of all racial and ethnic groups, especially Hispanic and Asian women.
RACIAL EQUALITY Stereotype Content Model Explains Prejudice for an Envied Outgroup: Scale of Anti–Asian American Stereotypes
- Despite improvements, female scientists continue to face discrimination, unequal pay and funding disparities
- A s an aspiring engineer in the early 1970s, Lynne Kiorpes was easy to spot in her undergraduate classes. Among a sea of men, she and a handful of other women made easy targets for a particular professor at Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts. On the first day of class, “he looked around and said ‘I see women in the classroom. I don’t believe women have any business in engineering, and I’m going to personally see to it that you all fail’.” He wasn’t bluffing. All but one of the women in the class ultimately left engineering; Kiorpes went on to major in psychology
HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT: Asian American Leaders in Silicon Valley
- ABSTRACT: The Stereotype Content Model hypothesizes anti–Asian American stereotypes differentiating two dimensions: (excessive) competence and (deficient) sociability. The Scale of Anti–Asian American Stereotypes (SAAAS) shows this envious mixed prejudice in six studies. Study 1 began with 131 racial attitude items. Studies 2 and 3 tested 684 respondents on a focused 25-item version. Studies 4 and 5 tested the final 25-item SAAAS on 222 respondents at three campuses; scores predicted outgroup friendships, cultural experiences, and (over)estimated campus presence. Study 6 showed that allegedly low sociability, rather than excessively high competence, drives rejection of Asian Americans, consistent with system justification theory. The SAAAS demonstrates mixed, envious anti–Asian American prejudice, contrasting with more-often-studied contemptuous racial prejudices (i.e., against Blacks).
Whitened Résumés: Race and Self-Presentation in the Labor Market
- During the past year, Silicon Valley technology companies have focused even more on workforce diversity, and several companies have shown an increased transparency by disclosing previously confidential 2013 EEOC data. The EEOC data released by five large Silicon Valley companies (Google, Hewlett-Packard, Intel, LinkedIn, and Yahoo) allow us, for the first time, to analyze the number of employees in the pipeline of management classifications by gender and race. The popular news headlines that whites and Asians dominate Silicon Valley employment often overlook the fact that the EEOC data, while showing that Asian men and women are well represented in the non-managerial professional workforce, also show them to be severely under-represented at the executive levels. Using the EEOC definition, “Asian” includes any citizen or noncitizen having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian Subcontinent. As illustrated in the following figure, Asians were found to be 27.2% of the professional workforce, but only 13.9% of executives in the professional workforce at Google, Hewlett-Packard, Intel, LinkedIn, and Yahoo. Aggregate 2013 Management Pipeline by Race (EEO-1 data for Google, Hewlett-Packard, Intel, LinkedIn, Yahoo) Using the new data (sample size = 139,370 professionals, managers, and executives), we measured the gaps between different cohorts of race and gender. We also evaluated the executive pipeline with an “Executive Parity IndexTM” (EPITM), comparing the representation of each group at the executive level to the group’s representation at the non-managerial (or individual contributor) professional level. An index above 1.0 indicates that cohort is above parity at the executive level. As illustrated in the following EPI figure, white men are above parity. White women are nearly at parity, while Asian men and women are below parity. Although we include the figures for black and Hispanic men and women, we do not use them for comparative purposes because EPI figures for those cohorts are highly sensitive to small changes.
Are Emily and Greg more employable than Lakisha and Jamal? A field experiment on labor market discrimination
- ABSTRACT: Racial discrimination in labor markets is a critical process through which organizations produce economic inequality in society. Though scholars have extensively examined the discriminatory decisions and practices of employers, the question of how job seekers try to adapt to anticipated discrimination is often overlooked. Using interviews, a laboratory experiment, and a résumé audit study, we examine racial minorities’ attempts to avoid discrimination by concealing or downplaying racial cues in job applications, a practice known as “résumé whitening.” While some minority job seekers reject this practice, others view it as essential and use a variety of whitening techniques. When targeting an employer that presents itself as valuing diversity, however, minority job applicants engage in relatively little résumé whitening and thus submit more racially transparent résumés. Yet, our audit study shows that organizational diversity statements are not actually associated with reduced discrimination against unwhitened résumés. Taken together, these findings suggest a paradox: Minorities may be particularly likely to experience disadvantage when they apply to ostensibly pro-diversity employers. These findings illuminate the role of racial concealment and transparency in modern labor markets and point to an important interplay between the self-presentation of employers and the self-presentation of job seekers in shaping economic inequality.
CULTURAL IMPACT A Pacific Culture among Wild Baboons: Its Emergence and Transmission
- ABSTRACT We perform a field experiment to measure racial discrimination in the labor market. We respond with fictitious resumes to help-wanted ads in Boston and Chicago newspapers. To manipulate perception of race, each resume is assigned either a very African American sounding name or a very White sounding name. The results show significant discrimination against African-American names: White names receive 50 percent more callbacks for interviews. We also find that race affects the benefits of a better resume. For White names, a higher quality resume elicits 30 percent more callbacks whereas for African Americans, it elicits a far smaller increase. Applicants living in better neighborhoods receive more callbacks but, interestingly, this effect does not differ by race. The amount of discrimination is uniform across occupations and industries. Federal contractors and employers who list “Equal Opportunity Employer” in their ad discriminate as much as other employers. We find little evidence that our results are driven by employers inferring something other than race, such as social class, from the names. These results suggest that racial discrimination is still a prominent feature of the labor market.
Evidence for the reproduction of social class in brief speech
- ABSTRACT: Reports exist of transmission of culture in nonhuman primates. We examine this in a troop of savanna baboons studied since 1978. During the mid-1980s, half of the males died from tuberculosis; because of circumstances of the outbreak, it was more aggressive males who died, leaving a cohort of atypically unaggressive survivors. A decade later, these behavioral patterns persisted. Males leave their natal troops at adolescence; by the mid-1990s, no males remained who had resided in the troop a decade before. Thus, critically, the troop’s unique culture was being adopted by new males joining the troop. We describe (a) features of this culture in the behavior of males, including high rates of grooming and affiliation with females and a ‘‘relaxed’’ dominance hierarchy; (b) physiological measures suggesting less stress among low-ranking males; (c) models explaining transmission of this culture; and (d) data testing these models, centered around treatment of transfer males by resident females.
- Note: This one may seem a bit out of place, but it is meant as a demonstration that a patriachal/aggressive culture is not a foregone conclusion. Given the right cultural leadership, even with outside influences and forces, culture change can be preserved.
Do Communication Abilities Affect Promotion Decisions? Some Data From the C-Suite
- ABSTRACT: Economic inequality is at its highest point on record and is linked to poorer health and well-being across countries. The forces that perpetuate inequality continue to be studied, and here we examine how a person’s position within the economic hierarchy, their social class, is accurately perceived and reproduced by mundane patterns embedded in brief speech. Studies 1 through 4 examined the extent that people accurately perceive social class based on brief speech patterns. We find that brief speech spoken out of context is sufficient to allow respondents to discern the social class of speakers at levels above chance accuracy, that adherence to both digital and subjective standards for English is associated with higher perceived and actual social class of speakers, and that pronunciation cues in speech communicate social class over and above speech content. In study 5, we find that people with prior hiring experience use speech patterns in preinterview conversations to judge the fit, competence, starting salary, and signing bonus of prospective job candidates in ways that bias the process in favor of applicants of higher social class. Overall, this research provides evidence for the stratification of common speech and its role in both shaping perceiver judgments and perpetuating inequality during the briefest interactions.
- ABSTRACT: Senior U.S. business executives reported that in making recent promotion decisions, they had placed a great deal of weight on candidates’ interpersonal skills, less weight on oral communication skills, and even less weight on writing skills. Older business managers ranked communication skills as more important than did the younger managers. If this age-related difference is a maturation effect, younger managers may place more emphasis on communication as they mature. If the age-related difference is a cohort effect, the relative importance of communication skills for advancement may shift as Generation X executives replace boomer executives in top-level positions at U.S. corporations.
Diversity Matters (McKinsey)
- Our “Diversity Matters” research looked at the relationship between the level of diversity (defined as a greater share of women and a more mixed ethnic/racial composition in the leadership of large companies) and company financial performance (measured as average EBIT 2010–2013). The research is based on financial data and leadership demographics compiled for this purpose from hundreds of organisations and thousands of executives in the United Kingdom, Canada, Latin America, and the United States. The size of the dataset allows for results that are statistically significant and the analysis is the first that we are aware of that measures how much the relationship between diversity and performance is worth in terms of increased profitability. The analysis found a statistically significant relationship between a more diverse leadership team and better financial performance. The companies in the top quartile of gender diversity were 15 percent more likely to have financial returns that were above their national industry median. Companies in the top quartile of racial/ethnic diversity were 35 percent more likely to have financial returns above their national industry median. Companies in the bottom quartile for both gender and ethnicity/race were statistically less likely to achieve above-average financial returns than the average companies in the dataset (that is, they were not just not leading, they were lagging). The results varied by country and industry. Companies with 10 percent higher gender and ethnic/racial diversity on management teams and boards in the US, for instance, had EBIT that was 1.1 percent higher; in the UK, companies with the same diversity level had EBIT that was 5.8 percent higher. Moreover, the unequal performance across companies in the same industry and same country implies that diversity is a competitive differentiator that shifts market share towards more diverse companies.
- Why Diversity Programs Fail
- Does Diversity Training Work the Way It’s Supposed To?
- Why Aren’t There More Asian Americans in Leadership Positions?
- Asian Americans Are the Least Likely Group in the U.S. to Be Promoted to Management
- Women and Minorities Are Penalized for Promoting Diversity
- The Real Problem When It Comes to Diversity and Asian-Americans
- Is Your Company Actually Fighting Racism, or Just Talking About It?
- WHY SO MANY ORGANIZATIONS STAY WHITE
- THE COSTS OF CODE-SWITCHING
- A Data-Driven Approach to Hiring More Diverse Talent
- Diversity wins: How inclusion matters
- Delivering through diversity
- Why we've been saying 'sorry' all wrong
Another 10 Conspiracy Theories that turned out to be True
submitted by CuteBananaMuffin to conspiracy [link] [comments]
by Jonathan Elinoff 2011 from NewWorldOrderReport Website
Between 1930 and 1960, manufacturers did all they could to prevent the link between asbestos and respiratory diseases
, including cancer, becoming known, so they could avoid prosecution.
American workers had in fact sued the Johns Manville company as far back as 1932, but it was not until 1962 that epidemiologists finally established beyond any doubt what company bosses had known for a long time - asbestos causes cancer.
Republican officials spied on the Democratic National Headquarters from the Watergate Hotel in 1972.
While conspiracy theories suggested underhanded dealings were taking place, it wasn't until 1974 that White House tape recordings linked President Nixon to the break-in and forced him to resign.
- The Tuskegee Syphilis Study
The United States Public Health Service carried out this clinical study on 400 poor, African-American men with syphilis
from 1932 to 1972.
During the study the men were given false and sometimes dangerous treatments, and adequate treatment was intentionally withheld so the agency could learn more about the disease. While the study was initially supposed to last just six months, it continued for 40 years.
Close to 200 of the men died from syphilis or related complications by the end of the study.
- Operation Northwoods
In the early 1960s, American military leaders drafted plans to create public support for a war against Cuba, to oust Fidel Castro from power.
The plans included committing acts of terrorism in U.S. cities, killing innocent people and U.S. soldiers, blowing up a U.S. ship, assassinating Cuban émigrés, sinking boats of Cuban refugees, and hijacking planes. The plans were all approved by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, but were reportedly rejected by the civilian leadership, then kept secret for nearly 40 years.
Author James Bamford
, "A Pretext For War", discusses the declassified "Operation Northwoods
" documents revealing that in 1962 the CIA was planning to stage phony terrorist attacks on the US and blame it on Cuba to start a war: VIDEO
- 1990 Testimony of Nayirah
A 15-year-old girl named “Nayirah” testified
) before the U.S. Congress that she had seen Iraqi soldiers pulling Kuwaiti babies from incubators, causing them to die.
The testimony helped gain major public support for the 1991 Gulf War, but - despite protests that the dispute of this story was itself a conspiracy theory - it was later discovered that the testimony was false. The public relations firm Hill & Knowlton, which was in the employ of Citizens for a Free Kuwait, had arranged the testimony.
It turned out that she had taken acting lessons on request of the CIA and was actually the niece of a major politician in Kuwait. Nayirah was later disclosed to be Nayirah al-Sabah
, daughter of Saud bin Nasir Al-Sabah, Kuwaiti ambassador to the USA.
The Congressional Human Rights Caucus, of which Congressman Tom Lantos
was co-chairman, had been responsible for hosting Nurse Nayirah, and thereby popularizing her allegations.
When the girl's account was later challenged by independent human rights monitors, Lantos replied,
"The notion that any of the witnesses brought to the caucus through the Kuwaiti Embassy would not be credible did not cross my mind... I have no basis for assuming that her story is not true, but the point goes beyond that. If one hypothesizes that the woman's story is fictitious from A to Z, that in no way diminishes the avalanche of human rights violations."
Nevertheless, the senior Republican Mafia Human Rights Caucus, John Edward Porter
, responded to the revelations,
"by saying that if he had known the girl was the ambassador's daughter, he would not have allowed her to testify."
- Counter Intelligence Programs Against Activists in the 60s
(an acronym for Counter Intelligence Program) was a series of covert, and often illegal, projects conducted by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) aimed at investigating and disrupting dissident political organizations within the United States.
The FBI used covert operations from its inception, however formal COINTELPRO operations
took place between 1956 and 1971.
The FBI's stated motivation at the time was,
"protecting national security, preventing violence, and maintaining the existing social and political order."
According to FBI records, 85% of COINTELPRO resources were expended on infiltrating, disrupting, marginalizing, and/or subverting groups suspected of being subversive, such as
communist and socialist organizations the women's rights movement militant black nationalist groups, and the non-violent civil rights movement, including individuals such as Martin Luther King, Jr. and others associated with the Southern Christian Leadership Conference the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People the Congress of Racial Equality, the American Indian Movement, and other civil rights groups a broad range of organizations labeled "New Left", including Students for a Democratic Society, the National Lawyers Guild, the Weathermen, almost all groups protesting the Vietnam War, and even individual student demonstrators with no group affiliation nationalist groups such as those "seeking independence for Puerto Rico."
The other 15% of COINTELPRO resources were expended to marginalize and subvert "white hate groups," including the Ku Klux Klan and National States' Rights Party.
The directives governing COINTELPRO were issued by FBI Director J
. Edgar Hoover
, who ordered FBI agents to "expose, disrupt, misdirect, discredit, or otherwise neutralize" the activities of these movements and their leaders.
This is a documentary on COINTELPRO: VIDEO DELETED.
is the code name of a database maintained since the 1980s by the federal government of the United States, which contains personal and financial data of millions of U.S. citizens believed to be threats to national security.
The data, which comes from the NSA, FBI, CIA, and other sources, is collected and stored without warrants or court orders.
The database's name derives from the fact that it contains,
"copies of the 'main core' or essence of each item of intelligence information on Americans produced by the FBI and the other agencies of the U.S. intelligence community."
The Main Core database is believed to have originated with the Federal Emergency Management Agency
) in 1982, following Ronald Reagan's Continuity of Operations Plan
outlined in the National Security Directive (NSD) 69/National Security Decision Directive (NSDD) 55, entitled "Enduring National Leadership," implemented on September 14, 1982.
As of 2008 there are reportedly eight million Americans listed in the database as possible threats, often for trivial reasons, whom the government may choose to track, question, or detain in a time of crisis.
The existence of the database was first reported on in May 2008 by Christopher Ketcham
and in July 2008 by Tim Shorrock
. Rex 84
, short for Readiness Exercise 1984, is a plan by the United States federal government to test their ability to detain large numbers of American citizens in case of civil unrest or national emergency.
According to scholar Diana Reynolds:
The Rex-84 Alpha Explan (Readiness Exercise 1984, Exercise Plan; otherwise known as a continuity of government plan), indicates that FEMA in association with 34 other federal civil departments and agencies, along with other NATO nations, conducted a civil readiness exercise during April 5-13, 1984.
It was conducted in coordination and simultaneously with a Joint Chiefs exercise, Night Train 84, a worldwide military command post exercise (including Continental U.S. Forces or CONUS) based on multi-emergency scenarios operating both abroad and at home.
In the combined exercise, Rex-84 Bravo, FEMA and DOD led the other federal agencies and departments, including the Central Intelligence Agency, the Secret Service, the Treasury, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the Veterans Administration through a gaming exercise to test military assistance in civil defense. The exercise anticipated civil disturbances, major demonstrations and strikes that would affect continuity of government and/or resource mobilization.
To fight subversive activities, there was authorization for the military to implement government ordered movements of civilian populations at state and regional levels, the arrest of certain unidentified segments of the population, and the imposition of martial law.
Existence of a master military contingency plan, "Garden Plot
" and a similar earlier exercise, "Lantern Spike" were originally revealed by journalist Ron Ridenhour
, who summarized his findings in "Garden Plot and the New Action Army."
Rex 84 was mentioned during the Iran-Contra Hearings in 1987.
The Miami Herald wrote subsequently on July 5, 1987: VIDEO
| ||Lieutenant Colonel Oliver North and the Federal Emergency Management Agency... had drafted a contingency plan providing for the suspension of the Constitution, the imposition of martial law, and the appointment of military commanders to head state and local governments and to detain dissidents and Central American refugees in the event of a national crisis. || |
| || || |
The basic facts about Rex 84 and other contingency planning readiness exercises - and the potential threat they pose to civil liberties if fully implemented in a real operation - are taken seriously by scholars and civil libertarians.
Exercises similar to Rex 84 happen regularly. Plans for roundups of large numbers of persons in the United States in times of crisis are constructed during periods of increased political repression such as the Palmer Raids and the McCarthy Era.
For example, from 1967 to 1971 the FBI kept a list of over 100,000 persons to be rounded up as subversive, dubbed the "ADEX" list. This list contained many labor leaders, scholars, and public figures of the time.
In 2008, for the first time an active military unit has been given a dedicated assignment stateside for civil unrest containment.
It is assigned to Northcom, a joint command established in 2002 to provide command and control for federal homeland defense efforts and coordinate defense support of civil authorities.
Read a more comprehensive article on that subject: HR 645, Rex 84 and this matter of FEMA Camp debates
- The Iran-Contra Affair
In 1985 and '86, the White House authorized government officials to secretly trade weapons with the Israeli government that were then secretly traded with Iran in exchange for the release of U.S. hostages held in Iran.
The funds from the trades were then used to help finance the illegal war in Nicaragua. The plot was uncovered by Congress in 1987. The documentary series, Core of Corruption, will be exploring details on the Iran Contra conspiracy in greater detail. The series if 5 separate films written and directed by Jonathan Elinoff
, investigative journalist and reporter for the New World Order Report.
During Iran Contra, drug smuggling by the CIA was uncovered and to this day the United States population is largely unaware of the findings of this information.
Both posts on CIA drug running in this article of 33 conspiracies that turned out to be true are about this very topic of drug running during Iran Contra.
- The BCCI Scandal
The Bank of Credit and Commerce International
) was a major international bank founded in 1972 by Agha Hasan Abedi
, a Pakistani financier.
The Bank was registered in Luxembourg. Within a decade BCCI touched its peak, it operated in 78 countries, had over 400 branches, and had assets in excess of US$ 20 billion making it the 7th largest private bank in the world by assets. In the late 1980's BCCI became the target of a two year undercover operation conducted by the US Customs Service.
This operation concluded with a fake wedding that was attended by BCCI officers and drug dealers from around the world who had established a personal friendship and working relationship with undercover Special Agent Robert Mazur. After a six month trial in Tampa, key bank officers were convicted and received lengthy prison sentences.
Bank officers began cooperating with law enforcement authorities and that cooperation caused BCCI’s many crimes to be revealed.
BCCI came under the scrutiny of regulatory bodies and intelligence agencies in the 1980s due to its perceived avoidance of falling under one regulatory banking authority, a fact that was later, after extensive investigations, proven to be false.
BCCI became the focus of a massive regulatory battle in 1991 and was described as a "$20-billion-plus heist".
Investigators in the U.S. and the UK revealed that BCCI had been,
"set up deliberately to avoid centralized regulatory review, and operated extensively in bank secrecy jurisdictions. Its affairs were extraordinarily complex.
Its officers were sophisticated international bankers whose apparent objective was to keep their affairs secret, to commit fraud on a massive scale, and to avoid detection."
This is a report from July 23, 1991 on the BCCI: VIDEO DELETED.
This is a report from July 8, 1991 on Connections between BCCI and the CIA: VIDEO
This is a report from August 6, 1991 on how the BCCI funded Pakistan's Nuclear Programs: VIDEO
- CIA Drug Running in LA
Pulitzer Prize Award winning journalist Gary Webb
exposed this alongside LAPD Narcotics Officer turned whistleblower and author Michael Ruppert
, CIA Contract Pilot Terry Reed
, and many others.
In August 1996 the San Jose Mercury News published Webb's "Dark Alliance", a 20,000 word, three-part investigative series which alleged that Nicaraguan drug traffickers had sold and distributed crack cocaine in Los Angeles during the 1980s, and that drug profits were used to fund the CIA-supported Nicaraguan Contras.
Webb never asserted that the CIA directly aided drug dealers to raise money for the Contras, but he did document that the CIA was aware of the cocaine transactions and the large shipments of cocaine into the U.S. by the Contra personnel.
"Dark Alliance" received national attention. At the height of the interest, the web version of it on San Jose Mercury News website received 1.3 million hits a day.
According to the Columbia Journalism Review
, the series became,
"the most talked-about piece of journalism in 1996 and arguably the most famous - some would say infamous - set of articles of the decade."
April 6, 1987 Report on CIA Drug Running: VIDEO DELETED
Full Report on CIA Drug Smuggling: VIDEO
- Gulf of Tonkin Never Happened
The Gulf of Tonkin Incident
is the name given to two separate incidents involving the Democratic Republic of Vietnam and the United States in the waters of the Gulf of Tonkin.
On August 2, 1964 two American destroyers engaged three North Vietnamese torpedo boats, resulting in the sinking of one of the torpedo boats.
This was also the single most important reason for the escalation of the Vietnam War. After Kennedy was assassinated, the Gulf of Tonkin gave the country the sweeping support for aggressive military action against the North Vietnamese.
The outcome of the incident was the passage by Congress of the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution, which granted President Lyndon B. Johnson the authority to assist any Southeast Asian country whose government was considered to be jeopardized by "communist aggression".
In 2005, an internal National Security Agency historical study was declassified; it concluded that USS Maddox had engaged the North Vietnamese on August 2, but that there may not have been any North Vietnamese vessels present during the engagement of August 4.
The report stated,
“It is not simply that there is a different story as to what happened; it is that no attack happened that night…”
In truth, Hanoi's navy was engaged in nothing that night but the salvage of two of the boats damaged on August 2.In 1965, President Johnson commented privately:
"For all I know, our Navy was shooting at whales out there."
In 1981, Captain Herrick and journalist Robert Scheer
re-examined Herrick's ship's log and determined that the first torpedo report from August 4, which Herrick had maintained had occurred - the "apparent ambush" - was in fact unfounded.
In 1995, retired Vietnamese Defense Minister Vo Nguyen Giap
, meeting with former Secretary of Defense McNamara, categorically denied that Vietnamese gunboats had attacked American destroyers on August 4, while admitting to the attack on August 2.In the Fall of 1999, retired senior CIA engineering executive S. Eugene Poteat wrote that he was asked in early August 1964 to determine if the radar operator's report showed a real torpedo boat attack or an imagined one.
In October, 2005 the New York Times reported that Robert J. Hanyok
, a historian for the U.S. National Security Agency, had concluded that the NSA deliberately distorted the intelligence reports that it had passed on to policy-makers regarding the August 4, 1964 incident.
He concluded that the motive was not political but was probably to cover up honest intelligence errors.
November 9th, 1995 New Clip on Gulf of Tonkin: VIDEO
Complete Guide to All r/neoliberal Flair Personalities [A-I]
submitted by learnactreform to neoliberal [link] [comments]
I spent most of my free time this week compiling a short bio for every neoliberal
flair personality. I hope it can serve as a quick reference guide to learn about the awesome efforts of the public servants and great thinkers that this sub respects, and to see what personalities your fellow Neoliberal Redditors gravitate to.
Unfortunately, post character limit is 40k, so I will have to break this into multiple posts linked here:
However, I am just one person and this project was a larger undertaking than I expected. I'm sure there are entries with errors, misrepresentations, or important missing details (despite my absolute best attempts to be as accurate as possible without bias). Please help me correct these; I am more than happy to keep this document up to date!
1961 – Present Born: India Resides: United States
· Indian American economist who is currently the Ford Foundation International Professor of Economics at Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Banerjee shared the 2019 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences with Esther Duflo and Michael Kremer "for their experimental approach to alleviating global poverty". In 2014, he received the Bernhard-Harms-Prize from the Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
· Co-founder of Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab, a global research center working to reduce poverty by ensuring that policy is informed by scientific evidence. Banerjee and his co-workers try to measure the effectiveness of actions (such as government programmes) in improving people's lives. For this, they use randomized controlled trials, similar to clinical trials in medical research. “We must arm ourselves with patience and wisdom and listen to the poor what they want. This is the best way to avoid the trap of ignorance, ideology and inertia on our side.”
Abiy Ahmed (Abiy Ahmed Ali)
1977 – Present Born: Ethiopia Resides: Ethiopia
· Prime Minister of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia. Abiy has launched a wide program of political and economic reforms, and worked to broker peace deals in Eritrea, South Sudan, and a transition agreement in the Republic of the Sudan. Abiy's government has presided over the release of thousands of political prisoners from Ethiopian jails and the rapid opening of the country's political landscape.
· 2019 Nobel Peace Prize for his work in ending the 20-year post-war territorial stalemate between Ethiopia and Eritrea.
· Numerous Peace and Humanitarian awards from APCAfrica, UNESCO, African Union, African Artists Peace Initiative, and Ugandan ‘Most Excellent Order of the Pearl of Africa’. In 2018, he was given a special "peace and reconciliation" award by the Ethiopian Church for his work in reconciliating rival factions within the church. “Love always wins. Killing others is a defeat, to those who tried to divide us, I want to tell you that you have not succeeded.”
1723 – 1790 Born: Scotland Died: Scotland
· Key economist and philosopher during the Scottish Enlightenment who earned the designations 'The Father of Economics' and ''The Father of Capitalism' for laying the foundations of classical free market economic theory.
· Notable famous works include books ‘The Wealth of Nations’ and “The Theory of Moral Sentiments’. ‘The Wealth of Nations’ was a precursor to the modern academic discipline of economics. In this and other works, he developed the concept of division of labor and expounded upon how rational self-interest and competition can lead to economic prosperity.
· Smith critically examined the moral thinking of his time, and suggested that conscience arises from dynamic and interactive social relationships through which people seek "mutual sympathy of sentiments." His ‘Theory of Moral Sentiments’ aims explain the source of mankind's ability to form moral judgment, given that people begin life with no moral sentiments at all.
· Disagreement exists between classical and neoclassical economists about the central message of Smith's most influential work. Neoclassical economists emphasise Smith's “invisible hand”, a concept which describes the unintended social benefits of an individual's self-interested actions. Classical economists believe that Smith stated his program for promoting the "wealth of nations" in the first sentences, which attributes the growth of wealth and prosperity to the division of labor. “The subjects of every state ought to contribute towards the support of the government, as nearly as possible, in proportion to their respective abilities; that is, in proportion to the revenue which they respectively enjoy under the protection of the state.”
1926 – Present Born: United States Resides: United States
· Predecessor to Ben Bernake, serving as Chair of the Federal Reserve of the United States from 1987 to 2006.
· Warning of a bubble in the U.S. housing market, Greenspan forecast the 2008 U.S. recession in 2007.
· Associate of Ayn Rand and proponent of Rand’s Objectivism, Greenspan called himself a ‘lifelong libertarian Republican” and was a proponent of the gold standard.
· Although Greenspan was initially a logical positivist, he was converted to Rand's philosophy of Objectivism by her associate Nathaniel Branden. He became one of the members of Rand's inner circle, the Ayn Rand Collective, who read Atlas Shrugged while it was being written.
· In his memoir, Greenspan criticizes President George W. Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney, and the Republican-controlled Congress for abandoning the Republican Party's principles on spending and deficits. Greenspan's criticisms of President Bush include his refusal to veto spending bills, sending the country into increasingly deep deficits, and for "putting political imperatives ahead of sound economic policies". Greenspan writes, "They swapped principle for power. They ended up with neither. They deserved to lose [the 2006 election]"
· He praised Bill Clinton above all the other presidents for whom he'd worked for his "consistent, disciplined focus on long-term economic growth". “The true measure of a career is to be able to be content, even proud, that you succeeded through your own endeavors without leaving a trail of casualties in your wake.”
1933 – Present Born: India Resides: United States
· Awarded the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences in 1998 and India’s highest civilian award, the Bharat Ratna, in 1999 for welfare economics. Winner of Cambridge’s Adam Smith prize in 1954. Won Oxford University’s Bodley Medal for “outstanding contributions to the worlds of communications and literature” in 2019. Over 90 honorary degrees from universities around the world.
· Current Professor of Economics and Philosophy at Harvard University. Has written over 30 books on economic theory and social sciences.
· In 2019, London School of Economics announced the creation of the Amartya Sen Chair in Inequality Studies. “The increasing tendency towards seeing people in terms of one dominant ‘identity’ (‘this is your duty as an American’, ‘you must commit these acts as a Muslim’, or ‘as a Chinese you should give priority to this national engagement’) is not only an imposition of an external and arbitrary priority, but also the denial of an important liberty of a person who can decide on their respective loyalties to different groups (to all of which he or she belongs).”
1973 – Present Born: United States Resides: United States
· Professor of Economics at MIT
· Co-Director and research associate of the Public Economics Program at the National Bureau of Economic Research, and the co-Scientific Director of J-PAL North America (a research center at MIT that encourages and facilitates randomized evaluations of important domestic policy issues).
· Winner of the 2012 John Bates Clark Medal for her contributions to economics. Awarded the MacArthur “Genius” fellowship in 2018 and elected to the National Academy of Sciences.
· Finkelstein’s expertise is in public finance and health economics. She conducts research into market failures and government intervention in insurance markets, and the impact of public policy on health care and health insurance. “We may need to do more health care plumbing rather than health care big theories.”
1969 – Present Born: United States Resides United States
· American economist and Professor of Economics at the University of Chicago's Booth School of Business.
· Economic advisor for Obama's successful 2004 U.S. Senate campaign in Illinois, then Chair of the Council of Economic Advisers under the Obama Administration 2010-2011.
· Named World Economic Forum’s ‘100 Global Leaders for Tomorrow’, topped The New Yorker's list of the Ten Most Intriguing Political Personalities of 2010, and for some reason, was one of Salon.com’s 15 Sexiest Men of 2010.
· Early supporter of Pete Buttigieg in the 2020 Democratic Party presidential primary. “We were facing in the fourth quarter of 2008 and the first quarter of 2009 epically horrible declines in GDP, every measure of the economy falling through the floor, completely on fire. Joe will tell you, in every Ph.D. program, students - in economics, students must take an economic history class and in every economic history class, the professor says, ‘There could never be another Great Depression because we’re smarter than we were then and we would never allow that to happen.’ We were put to the test to answer that question. … The fact that we are here to bitch about the economy and about this policy and that and the budget forecasts for GDP growth are 1 percent too low, I’m thrilled, I’m overjoyed that we aren’t all out of our jobs and we prevented the Great Depression. That in itself is an overwhelming accomplishment.”
1953 – Present Born: United States Resides: United States
· American economist at the Brookings Institution economic research group. Fellow of the Econometric Society and the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. Won the Distinguished Leadership in Government Award from Columbia Business School in 2008. 2009 TIME magazine Person of the Year.
· Chair of the Federal Reserve 2006-2014, overseeing the response to the late-2000s financial crisis, after serving as chairman of President George W. Bush's Council of Economic Advisers. Nominated by Bush and renominated by Obama. Predecessor to Janet Yellen, successor to Alan Greenspan.
· In his 2015 book ‘The Courage to Act’ he revealed that the world's economy came close to collapse in 2007/2008, and asserts that it was only the novel efforts of the Fed (cooperating with other agencies and agencies of foreign governments) that prevented an economic catastrophe greater than the Great Depression. “A meritocracy is a system in which the people who are the luckiest in their health and genetic endowment; luckiest in terms of family support, encouragement, and, probably, income; luckiest in their educational and career opportunities; and luckiest in so many other ways difficult to enumerate — these are the folks who reap the largest rewards. The only way for even a putative meritocracy to hope to pass ethical muster, to be considered fair, is if those who are the luckiest in all of those respects also have the greatest responsibility to work hard, to contribute to the betterment of the world, and to share their luck with others.”
1955 – Present Born: United States Resides: United States
· Started working full-time at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation in 2006, a private charitable foundation with the goal of enhancing healthcare and reducing extreme poverty around the world, as well as, in the U.S., to expand educational opportunities and access to information technology
· Early adopter of the “Giving Pledge”, a commitment to donate at least half of his wealth (~$110B), over the course of time, to charity.
· Time magazine named Gates one of the 100 people who most influenced the 20th century, as well as one of the 100 most influential people of 2004, 2005, and 2006. He (with Bono) was named Time’s
2005’s Persons of the Year for humanitarian efforts, and in 2006, he was voted eighth in the list of Time’s
“Heroes of Our Time”. Barack Obama honored Bill and Melinda Gates with the Presidential Medal of Freedom for their philanthropic efforts in 2016. “Is the rich world aware of how 4 billion of the 6 billion live? If we were aware, we would want to help out, we’d want to get involved. … Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
1956 – Present Born: France Resides: Germany
· Head of the European Central Bank, the main institution responsible for the management of the euro and monetary policy in the Eurozone of the European Union. Previously served as Chair and Managing Director (MD) of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), 2011-2019.
· France's Trade Minister, 2005-2007, Lagarde prioritized opening new markets for the country's products, focusing on the technology sector. In 2017, she was moved to the Ministry of Agriculture as part of the government of François Fillon, then joined Fillon's cabinet in the Ministry of Economic Affairs, Finance and Employment to become the first woman in charge of economic policy in France.
· Forbes 2014 5th Most Powerful Woman in the World, Forbes 2019 2nd Most Powerful Woman in the World, and winner of the Atlantic Council’s Distinguished International Leadership Award. “I look under the skin of countries’ economies, and I help them make better decisions and be stronger, to prosper and create employment. … To me, leadership is about encouraging people. It’s about stimulating them. It’s about enabling them to achieve what they can achieve – and to do that with a purpose. … We have a collective responsibility-to bring about a more stable and more prosperous world, a world in which every person in every country can reach their full potential.”
1946 – Present Born: United States Resides: United States
· Professor of Economics at Harvard University and director of the Development of the American Economy program at the National Bureau of Economic Research. In 1990, Goldin became the first tenured woman at Harvard's economics department.
· Economic awards from the American Economic Association (Carolyn Shaw Bell Award), Association of American Publishers (R.R . Hawkins Award), Omicron Delta Epsilon (John R. Commons Award), Institute of Labor Economics (IZA prize), and the BBVA Foundation Frontiers in Knowledge Award.
· Best known for published papers focused on women in the U.S. economy, economic history, labor economics, gender and economics, and the economics of work, family, and education. “In the first half of the [20th] century, education raced ahead of technology, but later in the century, technology raced ahead of educational gains. The skill bias of technology did not change much across the century, nor did its rate of change. Rather, the sharp rise in inequality was largely due to an educational slowdown.”
1967 – Present Born: Turkey Resides: United States
· Professor of Economics at MIT. He was named Institute Professor in 2019. Has a PhD from the London School of Economics and notable for many LSE lectures before joining MIT.
· Has authored hundreds of papers and five books. His 2012 co-authored book “Why Nations Fail”, on the role that institutions play in shaping nations' economic outcomes, prompted wide scholarly and media commentary. In 2015 he was named the most cited economist of the past 10 years per Research Papers in Economics (RePEc) data.
· Many economic awards including the John Bates Clark Medal (2005) by the American Economic Association, the John von Neumann Award (2007) by Rajk László College for Advanced Studies, the Erwin Plein Nemmers Prize in Economics (2012) by Northwestern University, the BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Award (2016), the Jean-Jacques Laffont Prize, and the Toulouse School of Economics (2018) Global Economy Prize. “Social democracy, when practiced by competent governments, is a phenomenal success. Everywhere in the west is to some degree social democratic, but the extent of this varies. We owe our prosperity and freedom to social democracy. … [Social democracy] did not achieve these things by taxing and redistributing a lot. It achieved them by having labor institutions protecting workers, encouraging job creation, and encouraging high wages.”
1967 – Present Born: United States Resides: United States
· Ford Professor of Economics at MIT. Co-director of the MIT School Effectiveness and Inequality Initiative. A commentator on many fields in economics, his research generally focuses on topics from labor economics.
· His most cited article studies the effect of skill-biased technological change in the form of computerization on the diverging U.S. education wage differentials and finds evidence suggesting that computerization has increased skill-based wage premia in the U.S. by requiring rapid skill upgrading, which in turn has increased the labor demand for college graduates relative to workers without tertiary education as well as the wage premium associated with a college degree. (Quarterly Journal of Economics: “Computing Inequality: Have Computers Changed the Labor Market?” (1998).
· Andrew Carnegie Fellowship, “‘Depopulism:’ How the Inversion of the Rural-Urban Age Gradient Shapes the Diverging Economic and Political Geography of the U.S. and other Industrialized Countries” – Recognized by Bloomberg as ‘one of the 50 people who defined global business in 2017’ – Fellow, American Academy of Arts and Sciences, Fellow, Society of Labor Economists, Fellow, The Econometric Society. “There's always new work to do. Adjusting to the rapid pace of technological change creates real challenges, seen most clearly in our polarized labor market and the threat that it poses to economic mobility. Rising to this challenge is not automatic. It's not costless. It's not easy. But it is feasible.”
1772 – 1823 Born: England Died: England
· A Whig political party member, David Ricardo is one of the most influential of the classical economists along with Thomas Malthus, Adam Smith and James Mill. He got his start advocating for a reduction in the note-issuing of the Bank of England. Ricardo's most famous work is his ‘Principles of Political Economy and Taxation’ (1817) where he advanced a labor theory of value: “The value of a commodity, or the quantity of any other commodity for which it will exchange, depends on the relative quantity of labour which is necessary for its production, and not on the greater or less compensation which is paid for that labour.”
· An abolitionist, Ricardo said he regarded slavery as a stain on the character of the nation, once very publicly at a meeting of the Court of the East India Company in 1823. He most vocally advocated for the abolition of the death penalty for forgery, repeal of blasphemy laws, and adamantly supported the implementation of free trade.
· Ricardo was a close friend of James Mill. He was a member of Malthus' Political Economy Club, and a member of the King of Clubs. He was one of the original members of The Geological Society. “Under a system of perfectly free commerce, each country naturally devotes its capital and labour to such employments as are most beneficial to each. This pursuit of individual advantage is admirably connected with the universal good of the whole. By stimulating industry, by rewarding ingenuity, and by using most efficaciously the peculiar powers bestowed by nature, it distributes labour most effectively and most economically: while, by increasing the general mass of productions, it diffuses general benefit, and binds together, by one common tie of interest and intercourse, the universal society of nations throughout the civilized world.”
1942 – Present Born: United States Resides: United States
· Professor of Economics, History, English, and Communication at the University of Illinois at Chicago. Former visiting Professor of philosophy at Erasmus University, Rotterdam. Her main research includes the misuse of statistical significance in economics and the study of capitalism.
· After receiving degrees in Economics at Harvard University, her dissertation on British iron and steel won the 1973 David A. Wells Prize. She has received six honorary doctorates. In 2013, she received the Julian L. Simon Memorial Award from the Competitive Enterprise Institute for her work examining factors in history that led to advancement in human achievement and prosperity.
· A self-labeled “Christian libertarian”, McCloskey has described herself as a “literary, quantitative, postmodern, free-market, progressive Episcopalian, Midwestern woman from Boston who was once a man.” McCloskey has advocated on behalf of LGBT organizations and the LGBT community. She was a vocal critic of the theory of “autogynephilia” as a motivation for sex reassignment, by the sexologist Ray Blanchard. “Nor during the Age of Innovation have the poor gotten poorer, as people are always saying. On the contrary, the poor have been the chief beneficiaries of modern capitalism. It is an irrefutable historical finding, obscured by the logical truth that the profits from innovation go in the first act mostly to the bourgeois rich.”
1977 – Present Born: Switzerland Resides: United States
· Assistant professor at the Harvard Business School. Follow at the Center for Global Development. Her research focuses on public economics in developing countries and includes collaborations with tax authorities and procurement agencies in several countries.
· Faculty research fellow at the NBER, an affiliate professor at BREAD, CEPR, and J-PAL and a member of the IGC and the HBS Social Enterprise Initiative.
· Has conducted numerous large-scale randomized field experiments about tax evasion by firms and about determinants and impacts of formal savings for low-income micro-entrepreneurs. “My sense is that there's a lot of confusion about the relation between climate change and the economy. A key reason why climate change is so dangerous is that it creates a big threat to our economies. It's not climate policy or prosperity. It's climate policy for prosperity.”
1967 – Present Born: United States Resides: United States
· Professor of Economics at Harvard University. Previously served as the Director of the Taubman Center for State and Local Government and the Director of the Rappaport Institute for Greater Boston (both at the Kennedy School of Government). He is a senior fellow at the Manhattan Institute, and a contributing editor of City Journal. He was also an editor of the Quarterly Journal of Economics.
· His work examining the historical evolution of economic hubs like Boston and New York City has had major influence on both economics and urban geography. Glaeser has written on a variety of topics, ranging from social economics to the economics of religion, from both contemporary and historical perspectives. He has published at a rate of almost five articles per year since 1992 in leading peer-reviewed academic economics journals, in addition to many books, other articles, blogs, and op-eds.
· Hlaser has many contributions to urban economics and economic theory. For example, his work with David Cutler of Harvard identified harmful effects of segregation on black youth; he challenged 1960s urban land use theory, showing pro-poor central cities' policies encouraged more poor people to live in central cities; and he has argued that human capital explains much of the variation in urban and metropolitan level prosperity. “The fact that there is urban poverty is not something cities should be ashamed of. Because cities don't make people poor. Cities attract poor people. They attract poor people because they deliver things that people need most of all—economic opportunity.”
1933 – 2012 Born: United States Died: United States
· American political economist focused on the study of production and trade and their relations with law, custom and government. Her work was associated with New Institutional Economics (a focus on including economic aspects excluded in neoclassical economics).
· In 2009, she was awarded the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences for her “analysis of economic governance, especially the commons”, which she shared with Oliver E. Williamson. To date, she remains the first of only two women to win the Nobel Prize in Economics, the other being Esther Duflo. (Who, by alphabetical coincidence, is the next entry!)
· Ostrom conducted her field studies on the management of pasture by locals in Africa and irrigation systems management in villages of western Nepal. Her work has considered how societies have developed diverse institutional arrangements for managing natural resources and avoiding ecosystem collapse in many cases, even though some arrangements have failed to prevent resource exhaustion. Her work emphasized the multifaceted nature of human–ecosystem interaction and argues against any singular “panacea” for individual social-ecological system problems. “Until a theoretical explanation, based on human choice, for self-organized and self-governed enterprises is fully developed and accepted, major policy decisions will continue to be undertaken with a presumption that individuals cannot organize themselves and always need to be organized by external authorities. … Unfortunately, many analysts – in academia, special-interest groups, governments, and the press – still presume that common-pool problems are all dilemmas in which the participants themselves cannot avoid producing suboptimal results, and in some cases disastrous results.”
1973 – Present Born: France Resides: United States
· Professor of Poverty Alleviation and Development Economics at MIT. Co-founder and co-director of the Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab which was established in 2003. Duflo is a National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) research associate, a board member of the Bureau for Research and Economic Analysis of Development (BREAD), and director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research's development economics program.
· Duflo’s research focuses on microeconomic issues in developing countries, including household behavior, education, and access to finance, health, and policy evaluation. She has been a driving force in advancing field experiments as an important methodology to discover causal relationships in economics.
· Duflo was awarded the Nobel Prize in Economics in 2019 along with her two co-researchers Abhijit Banerjee and Michael Kremer “for their experimental approach to alleviating global poverty”. Duflo is the youngest person (at age 46) and the second woman to win this award (after Elinor Ostrom in 2009). “Awareness of our problems thus does not necessarily mean that they get solved. It may just mean that we are able to perfectly anticipate where we will fall.”
1939 – Present Born: United States Resides: United States
· Professor of Finance at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business and American economist, best known for his empirical work on portfolio theory, asset pricing, and the efficient-market hypothesis.
· Fama is most often thought of as the father of the efficient-market hypothesis, beginning with his Ph.D. thesis. In 1965 he published an analysis of the behavior of stock market prices that showed that they exhibited so-called fat tail distribution properties, implying extreme movements were more common than predicted on the assumption of normality.
· Fama cast doubt on the validity of the Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM), which posits that a stock's beta alone should explain its average return. Fama’s papers describe two factors above and beyond a stock's market beta which can explain differences in stock returns: market capitalization and “value”. They also offer evidence that a variety of patterns in average returns, often labeled as “anomalies” in past work, can be explained with his Fama–French three-factor model. “I’d compare stock pickers to astrologers but I don’t want to bad mouth astrologers.” “In an efficient market at any point in time the actual price of a security will be a good estimate of its intrinsic value.”
Friedrich Hayek (Friedrich August von Hayek a.k.a. F. A. Hayek)
1899 – 1992 Born: Hungary Died: Germany
· Austrian-British economist and philosopher best known for his defense of classical liberalism. He served in World War I during his teenage years and said that this experience in the war and his desire to help avoid the mistakes that had led to the war drew him into economics. He studied economics, eventually receiving his doctoral degrees in law (1921) and in political science (1923) at the University of Vienna.
· Hayek shared the 1974 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences with Gunnar Myrdal for his “pioneering work in the theory of money and economic fluctuations and … penetrating analysis of the interdependence of economic, social and institutional phenomena”. His account of how changing prices communicate information that helps individuals co-ordinate their plans is widely regarded as an important achievement in economics, leading to his Nobel Prize.
· President Ronald Reagan listed Hayek as among the two or three people who most influenced his philosophy and welcomed Hayek to the White House as a special guest. Milton Friedman of the Hoover Institution, Andrzej Walicki of Notre Dame, U.S. Representative Dick Armey, and former President of the Czech Republic, Vaclav Klaus, have claimed that the writings of Hayek were a major influence on many of the leaders of the “velvet” revolution in Central Europe during the collapse of the old Soviet Empire. “From the fact that people are very different, it follows that, if we treat them equally, the result must be inequality in their actual position, and that the only way to place them in an equal position would be to treat them differently. Equality before the law and material equality are therefore not only different but are in conflict with each other; and we can achieve either one or the other, but not both at the same time.”
1930 – Present Born: Hungary Resides: United States
· Soros is known as “The Man Who Broke the Bank of England” because of his short sale of US$10 billion worth of pounds sterling, which made him a profit of $1 billion during the 1992 Black Wednesday UK currency crisis. Based on his early studies of philosophy, Soros formulated an application of Karl Popper's General Theory of Reflexivity to capital markets, which he claims renders a clear picture of asset bubbles and fundamental/market value of securities, as well as value discrepancies used for shorting and swapping stocks.
· Soros's Quantum Fund is thought to have greatly influenced the collapse of communism in Eastern Europe in the late 1980s and early 1990s.
· Soros is a well-known supporter of progressive and liberal political causes, to which he dispenses donations through his foundation, the Open Society Foundations. Between 1979 and 2011, he donated more than $11 billion to various philanthropic causes; by 2017, his donations “on civil initiatives to reduce poverty and increase transparency, and on scholarships and universities around the world” totaled $12 billion.
· Soros, of Jewish decent, survived Nazi Germany-occupied Hungary and emigrated to the United Kingdom in 1947. Antiemetic conspiracy theories painting Soros as a “puppet master” behind a variety of alleged global plots “moved from the fringes to the mainstream” of Republican politics, The New York Times reported in 2018. “The main difference between me and other people who have amassed this kind of money is that I am primarily interested in ideas, and I don't have much personal use for money. But I hate to think what would have happened if I hadn't made money: My ideas would not have gotten much play.” “First, there is no single sustainable model for national success. Second, the American model, which has indeed been successful, is not available to others, because our success depends greatly on our dominant position at the center of the global capitalist system, and we are not willing to yield it.”
Greg Mankiw (Nicholas Gregory Mankiw)
1958 – Present Born: United States Resides: United States
· Professor of Economics at Harvard University. American macroeconomist best known in academia for his work on New Keynesian economics.
· Mankiw is a conservative and has been an economic adviser to several Republican politicians. From 2003 to 2005, Mankiw was Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers under President George W. Bush. In 2006, he became an economic adviser to Mitt Romney, and worked with Romney during his presidential campaigns in 2008 and 2012.
· Omicron Delta Epsilon, the international honor society for economics, awarded Mankiw the biennial John R. Commons Award in 2019. He won the Council for Economic Education’s Visionary Award in 2017. As of April 2016, the RePEc overall ranking based on academic publications, citations, and related metrics put him as the 23rd most influential economist in the world, out of nearly 50,000 registered authors. “Which brings us to a third group of macroeconomists: those who fall into neither the pro- nor the anti-Keynes camp. I count myself among the ambivalent. We credit both sides with making legitimate points, yet we watch with incredulity as the combatants take their enthusiasm or detestation too far. Keynes was a creative thinker and keen observer of economic events, but he left us with more hard questions than compelling answers.”
1839 – 1897 Born: United States Died: United States
· American political economist and journalist who promoted “single tax” on land. He inspired the economic philosophy known as Georgism (also called Geoism), an economic ideology holding that while people should own the value they produce themselves, economic value derived from land should belong equally to all members of society.
· His most famous work, “Progress and Poverty” (1879), sold millions of copies worldwide, probably more than any other American book before that time. It investigates the paradox of increasing inequality and poverty amid economic and technological progress, the cyclic nature of industrialized economies, and the use of rent capture such as land value tax and other anti-monopoly reforms as a remedy for these and other social problems.
· George is best known for his argument that the economic rent of land (location) should be shared by society. He considered businesses relying on exclusive right-of-way land privilege to be “natural” monopolies. George was opposed to or suspicious of all intellectual property privilege, because his classical definition of “land” included “all natural forces and opportunities.” Therefore, George proposed to abolish or greatly limit intellectual property privilege. In George's view, owning a monopoly over specific arrangements and interactions of materials, governed by the forces of nature, allowed title-holders to extract royalty-rents from producers, in a way similar to owners of ordinary land titles. George was opposed to tariffs and one of the earliest and most prominent advocates for adoption of the secret ballot in the United States. “It is true that wealth has been greatly increased, and that the average of comfort, leisure, and refinement has been raised; but these gains are not general. In them the lowest class do not share. I do not mean that the condition of the lowest class has nowhere nor in anything been improved; but that there is nowhere any improvement which can be credited to increased productive power. I mean that the tendency of what we call material progress is in nowise to improve the condition of the lowest class in the essentials of healthy, happy human life.”
1724 – 1804 Born: German Preussen (Prussia) Died: German Preussen (Prussia)
· Influential Prussian—German philosopher during the Age of Enlightenment, who argued in his doctrine of transcendental idealism that space, time, and causation are mere sensibilities; “things-in-themselves” exist, but their nature is unknowable. Kant's views continue to have a major influence on contemporary philosophy, especially the fields of epistemology, ethics, political theory, and post-modern aesthetics.
· Kant regarded himself as showing the way past the impasse between rationalists (regards reason as the chief source and test of knowledge) and empiricists (states that knowledge comes only or primarily from sensory experience), and is widely held to have synthesized both traditions in his thought.
· Kant published other important works on ethics, religion, law, aesthetics, astronomy, and history. These include the Universal Natural History (1755), the Critique of Practical Reason (1788), the Metaphysics of Morals (1797), and the Critique of Judgment (1790), which looks at aesthetics and teleology (a reason or explanation for something as a function of its end, purpose, or goal). “Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play.” “All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than reason.”
Cull, The Great Population-
submitted by acloudrift to AlternativeHypothesis [link] [comments]
I've been working intermittently on this essay for several months, so no surprise it's chaotic. There is plenty more yet to find, or were left out, so no surprise if there are sequels. Culling | wkpd
(action) is a special case of parse
, and segregate
, wherein a selection is removed after sussing it out
. See also Selection Theory 1
, and selection search 2
. Plan B
readers: For Plan A, scroll down here. search this title
with the current Plandemic Psy-Op, this is a hot topic; here are a few top links which I've sifted thru... The Great Culling has begun: Will your genetic lineage survive? 2012 | ntrlnws
repost, illustrated (hngdbnkrs)
Current event summary by "Radix Verum" (root truth) A “Smart Virus”: Evidence Elites Plan to Cull Human Population Mar.16.2020 | ptrtspbx
Unforeseen consequences of Industrial Revolution and economic development
Cull of the Wild Agricultural employment: has the decline ended? Urbanization and Wealth Call to a Waning of Family Life
We don't need so many 'farm-hands' anymore, we've got the Reaper
, (not the Scythe
). 11 Women Share Why They Don’t Want To Get Married Oct.2019
Why is it the Way of the World that White Women Are So Woke? (they go bonkers, serious trouble) 35 min
contrasting K strategies 19:12 religiousness collapsed in Western countries from 1960s onwards (rise of secularism, Marxism)
Trending away from Tradition
Abandonment of Family Values (it's the Children, not the money)
A National Tragedy, Chinese Children Abandoned 2016 27 min
China is a SOCIALIST STATE, which values government power, not its citizens
12:13 "he'd realize that his kids are great, they're not the burden he'd imagined, and it's worth a few hundred yuan to make a trip home. I just want parents to know their children are precious." - volunteer social worker Pan Ya Yun (7:40 +) note link to wealth-related video at end Annie sings Maybe (I got parents) Women are trying to escape Saudi Arabia, 41 min
G Hardin: Stalking the Wild Taboo 3rd ed. 1972 29pg.pdf
Beyond some undetermined, but not large, number the stimulation people give each other becomes more irritating and inhibiting than mind-expanding. (p. 5) Pareto Principle
Applied to Human Population
About a fifth of the people are far more significant than the 4-fifths, in nearly every way. This seems to be a natural phenomenon. (Implication is that Christian sacred reverence for life is not justified from a cultural perspective. It might be a traditional remnant of small nomadic clans. Selective culling would be more eugenic, thus more competitive. Nomadic livestock herders have done this since prehistoric times
. (This need not be done in a cruel way. However, any policy that makes life easy for poor people
is dysgenic. What's better would be finding ways to get rid of them. Counter argument that some people are poor due to chance, is get rid of them anyway, for being both poor and unlucky.) 80/20 Rule for techies (index) | scidir Improving National Prestige, per capita statistics by reducing population
(reduce common denominator, the ratio increases)
Longevity applies to individuals and to kinship groups, in that living long (sustaining healthy life) is commonly valued by persons, and by clans
; it's called "evolutionary psychology
Both history and DNA studies have revealed that human societies arose and fell, depending on many factors, but the important thing is, survivors made plenty of efforts to stay survived, while the less energetic were crushed or merged into oblivion. Thus raw nature may seem without purpose, but there is this: survival defines success. Survival IS life's purpose. Humans may be irrelevant to the whole universe, but our special place on earth is not the entirety... a sea of stars
For the person, sustaining health has proven to be a result of a few stratagems requiring discipline. Similarly, sustaining a clan requires discipline known as Eugenics
(keeping good genes, or dumping bad ones, or both. Dysgenics | wkpd
is acting to a society's counter-purposes. See also Dysgenics | metapd
Population Studies K selection theory
Eugenics practices of the Jews Review of John Glad’s “Jewish Eugenics” 2011 | OO
u\acloudrift has a divergence from many population discussions (especially the famous overpopulation scam
popular with globalists) per the concept of "capacity limit" (Kapazitätsgrenze). Globalists insist there is a finite limit on populations due to finite quantities of resources like matter and energy. My divergence says they are not allowing for intellectual advancement, an infinite resource. As time goes on, human culture finds new ways and means, and there is probably no end to this, see Beginning of Infinity by D Deutsch
Also, keep in mind the concept that the meaning of "human population" can change too. Even the concepts of time and space can change. create new space from existing space stretching time with virtual artificial life
Women are by nature limited to K-type reproduction, while exceptional men have the ability to attain a hyper-successful r-type strategy. Think of it as the happenstance option, occurring in r
oyalty, in which there may be many concubines, or r
ape, like the cases of Genghis Khan
, or the Red Army
, having a superfluity of females available in a defeated society. Of course, non-exceptional men have a higher chance of zero reproductive success. For men, sustainability is more of a gamble than for women, who have a high chance of having offspring, if they want to try it. Reproduction is their bailiwick.
Fertility rate, world (illustrated) Pre-Industrial Families
Therefore, logic suggests preference for girl children for clan stability. Any preference for boy children (per female infanticide
) would indicate a preference for honor (high prestige, which has enhanced choice of females as a benefit). Going for honor over reliability is a gamble (seeking small chance for big win). Plan A; Culling Tails
, a bell-curve de-squeeze.
Cull criteria: (1) status, productivity, amount and type (income or wealth, and means), and (2) having sponsoring entities who both qualify to stay (and take responsibility for support of deportee "candidate", being mostly children and dependent parents), either may qualify. Plan C: Taking out the Rightail
(Cull original, 'take out the virtual trash'; trash in this case meaning hazardous to social health, virtual meaning calculated with close scrutiny and fancy math, a derived scale of social virtue.)
Plan D: Plan C lite (failing to remove, well then just publicize and ostracize, see Social Virtue Scale
) Health Issues
Modern Life has stress without release mechanisms
TrthFct Men's potency issues 7 min
Fight or Flight Complex
Cortisol (stress hormone) Disconnection: Stress vs Longevity
4 Major Stress Hormones 2017 | psy
Estrogen Reduces High Levels of Oxidative Stress 2008 | MDndia
How to Reduce Cortisol, the Stress Hormone Nov.6.2019 | bbrnft
Contra-indication: Estrogen Involved, Stress Response 2003 | wbMD
A CUP A DAY (of recipe)...CLEAR CLOGGED ARTERIES, HEART - Dr Alan Mandell, DC 6 min
Longevity & Why I now eat One Meal a Day 16 min
Longevity, Sex Factors
Inter-group competition has produced covert genocidal programs
Non-Spontaneous (planned) Causes (notice this word is plural noun and present tense verb)
Depopulation conspiracy theory (sarcasm)
WHO's behind it? (double entendre) World-Mandarins
civil servant, often in a satirical context, (e.g. as in the titles of such works as The Mandarins by Simone de Beauvoir, Chomsky's American Power and the New Mandarins, etc.) Libel-Label: the 'World-Mandarins' is intended as a funny name for an otherwise shadowy group who prefer to remain obscure, so they intentionally deny any name. Which is also appropriate because this group has no public organizational structure, similar to an Amoeba, it can squeeze into and out of public places.
world’s real puppetmasters 2016
JFK's secret society speech
Committee of 300, 2013 | mdchkr
Who: a 0.1% elite persons (vs the 99.9% common persons) smart, but Machiavellian hidden "Masters of the Universe" who pull the puppet strings of "the powers that be" (aka TPTB)
What: Our World is not to their liking yet, they endeavor to fix it (aka Tikkun olam). One of the Mandarins' prescriptions (Rx) is to get our world rid of most of the 99.9%, the medicine is marked (skull & bones). Medicine tastes bad, so they sweeten it with hoaxes and their favorite is FEAR. So there must be bogeymen, demons, witches, Satan, etc. Because they don't want anyone else to think there is a Garden (a 2011 wikiwar story) available here on Earth, but only in the hereafter, aka The Void today, not tomorrow. See also skull & bones.
Bill Gates declaring (world) is overpopulated —and was an overpopulation declaration Gates near immediately followed with his grim warning of millions of soon to come deaths and his stating: “The world needs to prepare for pandemics just like war”.
trth factry Apr.3 abuse, trafficking of children, Jewish activism as middlemen, MK ULTRA
The Great Unpatterning Continues. Make Sure You Take Advantage Of It Mar.12
GLOBAL ELITES CAUGHT PLOTTING THE ISLAMIC INVASION OF EUROPE OCT.2015
Overview of Great Cull operations BIOWEAPON UNLEASHED per RD Steele, SGTrpt 35 min very interesting interview, esp. if you include the necessary grain of salt; show closes with prediction by H Kissinger: "Palestine will be restored to the Palestinians by 2022," and THAT is going to change the world. (IOW Israel is goin' down, folks.) SGT per bitchute
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE! Will the Chinese Communist Party COLLAPSE? 9 min
Chinese Communist Party Struggles to Contain the Coronavirus Fallout X22 reports Corona virus is not serious illness, but may be a cover for elimination of certain persons; CV narrative begins 18:00; total run time 28 min
COVID19 Scamdemic reveals BigPharma's takeover attempt Apr.2020
virus epidemic a cull of old folks?
Trump DEFEATED in 2020 by #WuFlu Black Swan Event? Feb.2020 10 min | BPS
#WuFlu Corona Chan C-chan meme How a Pandemic could END CIVILIZATION 10 min 5+ NWO Agendas Accompanying the Coronavirus Epidemic Mar.4.2020
Coronavirus 5G Connection and Coverup Feb.17
Experts Fear 'Suicide Wave' As The Social Fabric Of America Becomes "Unstitched" Tyler Durden Apr.3.2020
Silent War against children
21 Harsh Truths Black People Don't Want to Hear
Culture War?: Bring Back Un-American Activities surveillance!
Rise of the Frankfart School (like esophageal reverse peristalsis, brings a taste of bile)
Heather MacDonald: The Diversity Delusion 68 min
Culture War Redux (mucking postmodernism!)
There was a time in America when virtually all intellectual activity was derived in one way or another from the Communist Party… resulting in a disastrous vulgarization of intellectual life, in which the character of American liberalism and radicalism was decisively – and perhaps permanently – corrupted. —Robert Warshow (1947); The Immediate Experience: Movies, Comics, Theatre and Popular Culture (NY Dbldy&Co, 1962), p. 33 Sad but true, modernist freedom of expression often plays to natural human weaknesses, while a virtuous life requires discipline (strength). Young people are especially vulnerable to influence attempts to drag them into unhealthy modalities (ex. sex, drugs, violence, incivility, etc.). Various vices are regulated by law to minimum ages (eg. alcohol, tobacco, driving, voting, military service, etc.), other socially degenerate influences should be too.
"virtue, the arts and humanities were permanently interconnected, and that Americans should act accordingly" —G Washington
Our nation was founded on the ideals and rights promoted by the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution and those principles evolved through the growth of American culture... "Throughout our history, American culture has been fueled by creative anti-establishment energy. But that spirit of rebellion found a counterbalance in deeply rooted respect for traditional values, in a taste for direct storytelling and humor, and in community and civic pride. We have a healthy skepticism of officialdom, and any attempt to engineer much-needed changes in the arts through dogma and censorship will fail. But cultural institutions and the government can support and foster the individuals and groups that, for the last few decades, have worked to reclaim skills, communicate with an aesthetically engaged public, and promote beautiful and meaningful public spaces. In the best American tradition, that enterprise should encompass both the fine arts and pop culture – a powerful antidote to totalitarian agendas." –James F Cooper (artist)
The Cosmopolitan Ethos promotes modalities like that to subvert the 'host' culture. That systematic degenerative interventionism is motivated by a cultural hate ideology to keep the Cosmopolitans voluntarily segregated from their cultural (Goy) environment.
Raising Kitsch to Legitimacy (subversion of traditional aesthetic)
Raising Pornography to ubiquity (subversion of traditional sex mores)
Raising Ignorance to a scholastic goal (subversion of traditional education)
Raising Foreign Wars to a default policy (subversion of practical stability and peace)
Classical Causes of Depopulation
(Hot) War, Famine, Plague
War: the Great Male Gender Expender
Men Are the Expendable Gender | tvtrp
Why war evolved to be a man’s game – and why that’s only now changing (computer models) 2018
For the Love of doG
Shout Have Auk! Unleash the Gods of War Great War Europe diminished quality men's population
quoting Genghis Khan
Equality for women: death in war
List of famines
List of Plagues
Demographics and Fate
Immigration and differential reproduction rates for various races of women allow demographers to make pretty-good predictions for the ways populations will trend according to race (don't forget evolution is a race, LoL).
Here in USA, many on the political right are concerned about losing their majority demographic segment and since non-whites lean much more left (they like socialism, due to government hand-outs), the white right is worried about being robbed and encroached upon in other ways by coercive socialist tyrannies. (Socialist Trannies too.)
Here are a few words to help cheer up those who are worried like those majority-now-to-become-minority-later white folks. Just because you are outnumbered, does not mean you don't count. Look at what the Jews have done. They are about 2% of the population, but they control all the most important parts (and the most degenerate parts too) of our economy, media and government.
Minority whites can learn from the Jews, to be more community active, concentrate more on "what's good for whitey", and much less on sympathy for the down-on-their-(p)luck losers. (Kick 'em out.)
End of White America Is Now Assured PCR
hegemonic discourse (plaintiff, currently PC) vs individual and tribe (defendant, local discourse) absolvo: segregation results in no conflict of interest; Venn Diagrams have no intersection Part of the problem of conflict is PC has no tolerance, no humor, has a tyrant's demand for orthodoxy
Example Medieval Europe was dominated by Roman Catholic Church (hegemon), results are called Dark Ages, for several reasons, including lack of creativity in arts except those limited to Church, poor historical coverage, illiteracy, violence common, travel dangerous, focus on defensive fortifications instead of trade, etc.
Premise: Overpopulation is an over-hyped meme. NOT saying it's fake, just exaggerated because the truth is, the representation of it is way-biased by wealthy elites with big "megaphones" (media influence).
Exhibit 1 Overcrowding vs Underexploited Spaces
Having done considerable air travel above remote areas, and civilized ones too, I've noticed that from the aerial perspective, earth is sparsely inhabited. This is not exaggeration, it's true. Prove it for yourself, fly over the planet in Google Earth.
Humans have overcrowded themselves by going urban in droves, I suspect it's because of the two-sided problem of need for close proximity to a large population to augment economic exchanges, and limitations due to transportation (of the physical body). As Internet use grows, the need to be present in the flesh will decline, and a more dispersed population will develop of its own accord, because crowding is a bummer (see next link set).
arming the Debate, Collective vs Individual
Public vs Private: A Short History of Enclosure in Britain
If degradation results from non-management and collapse can be averted by sound management, then there can be no "remorseless logic" leading to inevitable "ruin". Nor is there any reason why a private property regime (particularly an unjust one) should necessarily be preferable to the alternative of maintaining sound management of a commonly owned resource. Note: Your author (me) is an 'equality' denier, that is all claims from Progressive Left (should be left behind) because inequality is an easily proven state of nature, and Mother Nature has a tendency to crush all her disre-specters (see study notes on Lucifer Principle).
Of the Commons: Top-Down Regulation proven inferior to Bottom-Up cooperation
Without moral resistance, a few private entities become inordinately powerful, that's natural probability at work.
Regulating against Human Nature (which the Progressives deb-hate) is a Sisyphean Labor, ipso facto the Progressive assumption that human nature can and should be reprogrammed is a mistake.
Demonstration that poor management is due to ignorance of what works... Voluntary Birth Control (eg. Bangladesh) vs Gov regulated version (eg. China 1-child policy)
Territorial Imperative by R Ardrey 1966 | wkpd
Spouting Progressive Hypo Crazy, a 10
BL00MBERG'S Fortunate Tragedy Timing wwg1wga 30 min
escaping tunnels (NYC 5:5, pier 90) to be continued Related: [Alternative Recycling 1](work in process)
Crow Ding Deniers
CROWDING AND BEHAVIOR by J L Freedman 1975 | Kirkus Reviews
THE CROWDING SYNDROME: Learning to Live with Too Much and Too Many by C Bird 1976 | Kirkus Reviews
farmers turn dry scrub into lush pasture with introduction of grazing animals
Lucifer Principle by H Bloom, Book Reviews
Anatoly Karlin | selfblog Francis Fukuyama | FA/CFR JMG van der Dennen | GroningenU Theodore A Green | trthwylf Why is Western Society Toxic? 2017
Henry Makow's blog
Call to Redux Un-American Activities
religious affiliation a major trope of India
Hindu vs Muslim and the segregation of Victorian India
Hindu Group Calls for Forceful Expulsion of Christians from India 2018
Truth Factory YouTube channel
7 Surefire Growth strategies for eCommerce Entrepreneurs
| || | submitted by AJInfosoft to u/AJInfosoft [link] [comments]
The idiom "Create it and they will come" undeniably doesn't have any critical bearing to your online store business. In case you have to turn into your eCommerce business you have to forcefully advertise your store and reliably beat out your resistance to attract customers and traffic like Beardoholic is doing. Follow these 7 themes.
1. Construct an attribution plan
For eCommerce business
visionaries, it's fundamental to reliably keep an eye out for what's working. Attribution is the methods by which to do it. The Interactive Advertising Bureau's (IAB) which means of attribution is "the route toward recognizing a great deal of customer exercises across screens and contact centers that contribute somehow or another to a perfect outcome, and a short time later giving out a motivation to all of these events."
Benton Crane, CEO of the Harmon Brothers (producers of the astonishing advancements for Squatty Potty, Purple and others) was the first to talk at Digital Growth Summit, and he gave a noteworthy level breakdown on the most capable technique to utilize attribution as you build up your online business to choose increasingly insightful business decisions. It admonished:
• Message testing.
• Picture testing.
• Adapting advancement blast. (This is attempting all the different features and favorable circumstances to see what participates. Models could join esteeming, estimating, smallness, work, etc.)
• Scale up, for instance fold each triumphant part into one.
2. Target more intelligent
Matt Schmitt of Skup unraveled an issue a huge amount of representatives have: concentrating on. They may have a customer image as a top need, anyway aren't sure how best to get in touch with them. Schmitt recommends storage facilities. These are four of his models that will allow you to get an all the more away from of where to find your goal Customer:
• What magazines do they purchase in to?
• What affiliations or gatherings would they have a spot with?
• What acclaimed individuals or convincing figures would they follow?
• What's more, what brands or things would they say they are using?
3. Impact Campaign Budget Optimization
Fight Budget Optimization (CBO) is another advancing system by Facebook. Their AI figuring screens concentrating on and execution of your ad sets, by then apportions your budgetary breaking point to the best-performing sets reliant on the objective or pixel you've applied, using consistent data, thus.
As showed by Facebook
: "CBO utilizes your fight battle financial plan and your offer System—which might be, for example, least expense per activity (CPA) or best yield on notice spend (ROAS) — to consequently and consistently find the best dynamic open doors for results over your advancement sets. By then we circle your battle spending plan dynamically to get those results."
To lay it out simply, in the event that you're new to Facebook promoting, this is a fantastic technique to get in the game as cost-adequately as could be normal considering the present situation, without having to micromanage your crusades.
4. Start using Messenger promotions
Harvard Business Review coordinated an examination in 2011 on online lead age and found that failure to respond in less than five minutes to another lead lessens your odds of qualifying them by a stunning 400 percent. Be that as it may, as demonstrated by Chatmatic originator Travis Stephenson, business visionaries maintain a strategic distance from Messenger.
In any case, by using Messenger (the most downloaded application on the world in 2019, FYI) with advertisements and a mechanized aide, you're doing second, direct find potential customers, along these lines growing your lead-qualifying and changes capacities. Or then again you can essentially use them to rapidly get messages and collect a relevant once-over. Which drives takeaway five....
5. Use email promoting
Email midpoints $38 in for each $1 spent by a Direct Marketing Association 2015 Client Report. For those new to email promoting, it can feel overwhelming from the beginning, yet recall this: It costs more to increase new customers than recoup existing ones. Additionally, email is the easiest way to deal with recoup, considering the way that the entire method can be robotized. Email ace Jess Chan of Long play recommends you collect an eCommerce customer adventure. Do this by setting up:
• Welcome messages.
• Abandoned cart messages (69.57 percent of web shopping bins are surrendered).
• Request attestation and transportation confirmation messages.
• Post-purchase messages (for instance a card to express profound gratitude or letter from the coordinator).
• Upsell and support messages (for instance deliberately pitches, tribute requests, etc.)
6. Use online life
Discussing Social media
as a device for brand building, you should attempt to get anyway much as could sensibly be normal out of regions like Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter. Clergyman your feeds to facilitate the image you wish to give and put forth an exceptional attempt to consolidate yourself into the system that envelops your thing. This should be conceivable through working with web based life influencers or by utilizing SEO the board programming, for instance, SEMrush or SpyFu. Your online life proximity will go far in choosing the measure of a hold you increment over the system enveloping your thing.
7. Own your online nearness
There's a saying inside the Online Marketing
that goes something like this: The best spot to disguise a dead body is on the second page of a Google search. What that suggests for your business is this: in case you can't draw near to the most noteworthy purpose of a Google look for your thing or business, you're in a troublesome circumstance.
Online closeness the officials are colossal, especially for new associations. Managing your online nearness incorporates making a bleeding edge website and curating extraordinary substance, which can be irksome every so often. Nevertheless, something as clear as making a Google proficient asset will go far into getting legitimacy and progressing toward the most elevated purpose of the web search apparatus. https://www.ajinfosoft.com/7-surefire-growth-tactics-for-ecommerce-entrepreneurs
#Seven effective lead
The TRUE story of yesbackpage/bedpage/ebackpage/afterdarkads and all the BP replacement pop ups written by an insider
submitted by jennersteve2 to SexWorkers [link] [comments]
Thisa is not an ad... I am responding to about 50 emails I got from a lot of sexworkers all over the country. 2 suggested I post the answers here. A LOT of sexworkers have lost money, been ripped off, ads deleted, and more... I am only trying to let them know what happened... I removed any actual links to sites. THis is just for sexworker information and reference.
There are so many rumors and so much misinformation out there regarding all the backpage popup sites... I think its time that someone tell everyone what is REALLY going on.
First, who am I and how do I know all this. I worked for backpage, I started with the village voice, and long story short, I ended up working in the alternative payment section. I left to form my own company, and have since been involved with several startups, including yesbackpage, bedpage, ebackpage and afterdarkads
I started with backpage in 2011 when craigslist was still king. a $5 ad could get an escort a shit ton of calls, and you needed not much else. escorts.com was still up, and really only higher end girls and agency's were on eros.
when craigslist shut down, traffic to BP jumped 10,000%... it was nuts. we lost servers, it was insane. before this it cost an avg of .25 cents to post. within a week we were at $3 in most cities.
Soon after the state AG's (we called them the gang of 11) turned attention to us. There was 11 states atty generals seeking to shut us down, like they basically did craigslist.
well our bosses (Dan Hyer, and ultimately Carl Ferrer) decided to fight. They were real 1st amendment libertarian types... and frankly I agree with them. I think there might of been better ways... but the REAL top guys Michael Lacey and James Larkin were fighters.
IN the end this put us on the skyline, and led by Tom Dart, a sheriff in Chicago, they ended up getting the credit card processing shut down.
That's when my work really started.
We went through and picked a lot of accts that we "trusted" and had spent a lot with us... we secured credit card processing through dummy accounts, and let those specific accts still pay through them... but between charge-backs, and people turning us in on those accts... we would lose almost as much as we made. Hiding the accounts was really pushing legal limits... and eventually we ran out of ways to get new accounts. They couldn't handle the volume.
Me and another fella I'll call "T" devised the idea to accept bitcoin.
It was a slow start, and teaching sex workers how to use bitcoin was tough... but it took off.
Then came backpagecredits. A strip club owner from myrtle beach heard about all this and built a website called backpagecredits.com he allowed people to buy bitcoin from him with a credit card... and the site would automatically put the bitcoin in your backpage account. This was HUGE, and we all did millions in business... it kinda saved the site...
Then april 2018 came... the feds seized backpage, and that was that. We were all out of work, lot of people were going to jail. The strip club guy sold off his end of the site and went to prison for other stuff...
Well I had moved overseas, so I was not subject to US law. I contacted a programmer I knew in Dhaka, Bangladesh. A real shitbag named Siddiq Khan. I did not know what a criminal POS he was then... anyway, I asked him to set up a new site, a clone of backpage. He did it. it took a few weeks, but he showed me "yesbackpage.de" (yesbackpage.com redirects to it)
Our agreement was we would split it all 50/50, I knew he had worked on the programming side at backpage for a bit, and was interested in doing something together. I trusted him (mistake)
I then contacted the new guys that owned backpagecredits, and brought them on as a payment processor...
We then contacted ALL the old BPC customers, told them about the new site... and BOOM... it was online and running.
I worked hard to market it... I hired Risa Jenner from vegas to help... it was all solid and good stuff. We gave away over $250k to old customers of backpage that lost a lot of money when it was shut down. We gave a lot to charity, we tried to help the sexworkers in the industry. We thought we were doing good work for sexworkers.
Now while I was doing all this... what I didnt know was siddiq had also built ebackapge, ibackpage, onebackpage, and I dont know how many other clone sites... and every time there was a new customer on YBP, he was copying the act over to the other sites... he was taking ALL the money from the other sites... real scummy shit. He used us to grow them... stealing everything and doing a lot of shitty stuff to customers (more about that below) afterdarkads.com didnt exist yet... tryst.link was in its infancy and had not taken off... and that alligator site from Australia was too busy bashing everyone else online to promote themselves
Siddiq had worked with bedpage back in the day, bedpage was a site that just knew that backpage was not gonna last forever, they actually opened long before backapge was closed... I still think it was a few other backpage employees that started it..thats how he knew all the ins and outs of these style sites... but he was fired. After talking to them, I guess Siddiq got caught fucking another dude in the break room closet... they really dont like homosexuals over there, so they kicked him out. Thats when he contacted me about starting our own site. He needed help marketing.
Anyway... he was bedpage, now hes got all these other sites, and I dont know about ANY of it... the only site I knew he was affiliated with was yesbackpage and me.
SO yesbackpage starts doing really good. I am spending a LOT of money marketing... and we get it to be the top result in google for sexworkers to post on... people are starting to book a lot of calls... things are good...
Then siddiq finds out that he can make a lot of money posting fake ads... and directing traffic to sites like ashley madison or cam sites.
I told him this was a bad idea... that if he does this... it makes the REAL customers spend more money to compete... thats screwing them...
He does not care, and tells me to fuck off... he will do what he wants.
We argue... it is half my site after all... and one day I wake up, and I am locked out... I cant log into the admin panel... backpagecredits is all screwed up ( he destroyed the code), and he stole the email that we used to run the twitter account. He starts posting BS on twitter about ex employees... its a total mess.
So I left again, and I am done with the industry. I am living back in the states for now, and running a t-shirt company and some other ecommerce sites online... doing well... recently a few people found me that are starting a new site. They are a group of former sex workers from Charlotte and Dallas... GOOD people. they started "afterdarkads". I am working with them as a consultant and helping get them going. Risa is done with it all... I think shes working with a strip club in vegas now.
Anyhow... here is the truth about how all these sites came to be.
Bedpage really DID give out a "god" password to a lot of law enforcement agencies... I talked to a girl in Texas that actually was arrested, and they logged right into the act in front of her. Siddiq told me about it, I know its true.
A few of the other sites like ebackpage and onebackpage siddiq sold to other spammers in Bangledesh... they are all over india and Dhaka. He has NOTHING to do with afterdarkads.com so there is that
All the while, you are paying to post your ads and keep them visible, (bump your ads and repost) Siddiq is posting his own ads for free... they use YOU to bring in traffic to the site, but then redirect the customers off to ashley madison or other sites so they can make money. Right now they get $150 for every sign up... if they post 100 ads, they will get a hundred sign ups... its unreal... meanwhile REAL sex workers are paying to post ads like crazy so their own ads are visible. Thats why I liked working with afterdarkads, they at least will not allow fake posters. they are real sex workers and they get it... they also made it free to post, only charging for upgrades. They care about sexworkers becasue they are sexworkers. Same with Tryst they are working hard for the community. I dont agree with a lot of their choices... but they are doing a good job. I honestly think they will be the next to fall. They have become the tallest tree in the storm Eros is pretty much done, those poor fuckers are on the run. Offices raided, moved to Eur
One thing all sex workers should look for, is the verified feature...bedpage and afterdarkads.com both have it, but i think bedpage will let anyone get it without any verification.... I know (at least for now) afterdarkads is really "verifying" the girls. A LOT of customers on bedpage liked this... so hopefully other sites start using it as well. For a few bucks extra they put a green "verified" logo on your ad... they contact you to make sure you are a real poster not a scam or spammer, and if your pics look fake, they contact you and ask for a pic proving it with you holding up a paper with the site name afterdarkads on it. verifiedvixens tried the same thing... but they were charging too much.
I hate that so many sexworkers support siddiq and all his spam sites like yesbackpage and they dont even know it or what they are doing... he literally rips you all off every time you post.
Go look at your acct history.. he has a program that deletes a few dollars from the acct every few weeks... just a $1 at a time... this is just to get you to buy more credits more often... and the math on posting?? lol... it does not ad up... the system always adds money to the cost at checkout when posting... all just to fuck you.
It is my understanding he sold one of the sites to a group that was trying to do it a little better, but I dont know for sure.
The only SAFE sites I know to post on are tryst.link, afterdarkads.com skipthegames.com, and escort alligator. Slixa.com I am hearing a LOT of things from my former coworkers at BP... slixa is supposed to be compromised... but I dont know that for sure, and frankly dont want to start MORE rumors... I dont like the site from a clients perspective much... from a advertisers perspective its ok. They do great marketing.
Tryst is gonna have problems because they are acting like they are in control... telling you what you cant say in your ads that offends them (everyone so offended these days) like now you cant refuse to see AA in your tryst ad. Total bullshit.
afterdarkads.com is free and they are really serious about keeping fake posters of the site. That is huge to me, same with Tryst.link ... they are really committed to verification of every user, although they are far from free... they use a site called adacredits.com
to allow payment, and its ok. I like the sites that have simple CC payment better, but the industry is not gonna allow that easy for a long time in the US
both afterdarkads and tryst and skip the games are all getting AWESOME reviews on usasexguide.info and in a few other boards.
yesbackpage is hopefully done... I hope that fucker gets a disease and dies for what he is doing to sexworkers... but in the mean time, almost 100% of the ads are all fake... soon the clients will realize it... if enough of you spread the word.. it will die. Dont waste your money competing with fake ads!
another thing that sucks about what yesbackpage and all the other sites are doing is it scares off clients... these guys are lookin for real posts from real sexworkers... when 99 out of 100 ads are all fake, designed to collect cell numbers or emails... or direct you to fake cam sites and other shit... they stop searching like this... I know a LOT of agencies and pimps are all sayign business is booming because sexworkers are being FORCED to come back to them to book calls.
support the sites that support the community guys... not the ones that exploit you and fuck you over.
in the end what I really know about this industry... you need to advertise on as many LEGIT and safe sites as you can... every ad dollar you spend needs to be an investment that brings a positive return... be careful posting on sites that charge but screw you over... and just be careful period... there are a lot of shitty people out there , and they love hurting sexworkers.
be safe and be well all!
Your purchases help youth music programs get the gear they need to make music. Edmunds has a detailed expert review of the 2011 Ford Edge Limited SUV. View our consumer ratings and reviews of the 2011 Edge, and see what other people are saying about the vehicle in our Good Sam is a 'one-stop shop' for everything RV and now features products for other vehicle types too! By becoming a Good Sam Affiliate, every time you refer visitors to us, you will earn a commission whenever they purchase our products. Wealthy Affiliate Reviews – But What Exactly Is Affiliate Marketing?. Affiliate marketing is basically advertising products and getting paid commissions. In short, it is when you sign up for a company as an affiliate, then you put your personalized affiliate links online ,and when somebody buys something through your links, the company pays you a commission or a percentage of the sale price. “Advertisers using affiliate marketers to promote their products would be wise to put in place a reasonable monitoring program to verify that those affiliates follow the principles of truth in advertising.” Under the proposed administrative settlement, Legacy Learning and Smith will pay $250,000.